Miller: Was anyone able to finish the Halloween Directives? (Not including stat padders)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Nov 12, 2015.

1. TheRunDown

Was anyone able to complete the Halloween Directives this year? (Without Stat padding or cheating in some form or another)

I literally could not find enough people to kill who were wearing the Halloween Masks..
    I was 99% done on the Third Tier and then it was like everyone decided to not take part in the Halloween even this year, and took off their Halloween helmets.. o_O

I have all the basic Halloween helmets from last year, when they where all "Free" and unlocked on each tier in the directives, except for the flaming heads.
    Did DB give away a free helmets this year? Cause if they didn't that would explain why no one was wearing them this year. :S

I'm not a completionist, but I do try to get Event items since they may not come around the next year.
    • Up x 1
  2. FieldMarshall

I tried, but gave up because it was so extremely boring.
    That being said, im really looking forward to the christmas directive if its anything like last year's.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

Yes I did.
    I even bought one of the 2500 masks
  4. Goretzu

It was the Galato-lanterns that did for me, just like last year.

To be honest if you have to buy stuff to have a chance of completing "events" then I'm just not that interested in them.
    • Up x 4
  5. Taemien

I have to agree with this. Giving paying peeps a leg up is one thing. Pay wall is another entirely.
    • Up x 4
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

I'm not on Miller, but I did finish it, I wasn't going to buy the candy gun so I had to farm over 1000 pumpkins to get the masks.

I will not be doing that again... ever!
  7. TheFlamingLemon

I finished the entire thing less than 3 days from the start of the event without stat padding. Not too very hard.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

And hopefully this bs will not occur next year.
    • Up x 3
  9. AtckAtck

I did it, but it sure was a total pain to do.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428035526960698417
    First 2 week evenings of searching pumpkins.
    Then spending 1000 certs for 20 kills with the toy gun, while also having to pay like 500 certs for the first Stalker cloak Upgrades.
    That took about 1 week and was extremly unfun to do. The most frustrating thing i ever did in the game.
    Then spending another 1000 certs for the slasher for 50 kills, wich was at least somewhat fun to do and a lot easier than the candy cannon and took i think 3 hours.
    And then it was done, auraxium slasher is mine. Wouldn't do it again tho, just because of the massive cert dump it was.
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

Just for information:
    Esamir is the best for pumpkin hunting. At some days I've found 3 Galacto-Pumpkins there in the space of one hour. In total I estimate my Galacto-Pumpkinds at around 15 to 20 over the course of the event. Interestingly I discovered that multiple Galacto-Pumpkins spawn at a time when I found two in close proximity to each other, and that a Galacto-Pumkin spawns on a normal pumkin spawn... Even if it's already occupied with a normal pumpkin.

I did my hunts across a large swath from Watersons Redemption to Echo Valley, Saerro Listening, The Rink, Eisa Mountain Pass, Apex Genetics, Many Lake Sattelite and Aurora Materials. In that area you can find a very large amount of pumpkins in succession near the road.
    I preferred to use a Skyguard with stealth and racer frame. Most pumpkin-hunting ESF are piloted by people who don't normally fly and they will happily attack you with nosecanons and rocketpods even after you've shown them you are a Skyguard. Any other threat needs to be dealt with through "oh crap run", which works pretty well if you don't get too close (which is easy on Esamir) and don't meet too many Harassers. Lightnings have a nice low frame and with max racer you can stay ahead of most other threats.

The possibility of having to run or fight off a few ESF makes it less boring, and you'll have completed the pumpkin achievements in no time at all. Gathering enough for the expensive masks though... Good luck, that becomes boring as hell eventually.
    • Up x 1
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

i did but with Slasher
  12. Goretzu

That's the thing, even if you bought the extras it wasn't exactly trivial, although given the longer time this year it was probably ok to do. But without buying them it became a serious grind balanced on sliver of pure luck (because if you didn't come across enough Galato-lanterns you were doomed).

The amount of playtime it required to do it just wasn't worth the result....... and I'm not exactly a lightweight on grinds, I did the EQ1 monk quest twice with its annoying and often bugged camps (I also ground out faction on both my Human and Iksar monks so both were non-KOS pretty much everywhere - and that was really pointless! :D ), and I was the 4th R14 on my WoW server, so I can (stupidly) grind, yet I find this event totally unappealling.

The Christmas one is (or was for the last 2 years anyway) a much, much better event.

That's what I was doing for a lot of my hunting time as it allowed me to hunt whilst generally at least partially participating in battles, the difference for me was that although I got enough pumpkin kills to finish of the 4th and maybe 5th level of the directive in my entire time I never even saw ONE Galacto-lantern!

By the end I'd largely burned out thinking that I'd end up getting enough of everything else, but the needed Galacto-lanterns, like last year (although I got 1 or maybe 2 Galacto-lantern kills last year IIRC).
  13. pnkdth

I struggle to get invested in these events. Needs to focus more on fun rather than introducing directives that make you do what you'd do anyways.
  14. Moridin6

on emerald, but, i did everything but buy one of the weapons.. bought a bandanna the purple flame and the noir
  15. TheRunDown

So was there a free helmet this year?
  16. Moridin6

you got the pumpkin one free and then the 3rd level of the directives gives you the white flame
    • Up x 1
  17. Kcalehc

Both of which also counted towards the 'own a Halloween mask' part of the directive; which I thought was nice.
  18. Moridin6

you could use VR to cheese the last mask of a directive line aswell.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

and black flame - disappeared :eek:
  20. Moridin6

the noir? were you close? took awhile to get it and then i just Had to get the purple one also lol