MILLER META-GAME PROJECT (Outfit leaders sign up!)

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by RedCat, Mar 29, 2013.

1. }{ellKnight

I don't know of any way of gaining your trust except maybe telling you to ask Core about SoV and our relationship with WASP in APB... the tram thing and operation abandon indar were two totally different things as RedCat explained, it wasn't a conspiracy cooked up by the TR (what's the point anyways, there's no honor in it and it's not like a cont cap means anything atm).
  2. RedCat

Can I ask why not? You guys are pretty big and would love to see you participate, imagine the damage you can do teaming up with oufits such as WASP in a coordinated effort to bring the other 2 factions down.

I'm asking you, re-considering this, we need as much outfits as possible and I am convinced this can really bring some proper meta-game to miller. Even when the new laning system is introduced, we can get rid of this but still keep alliances etc to make for some epic battles.
  3. IMTasty

I am pretty sure the day CONZ cooperate with WASP will be when hell has frozen over and heaven is a brothel. :p
  4. AquaKiller

Giving NC and VS representatives a full admin rights would be a nice start.
  5. Arch

Ill post up on MoX forums for discussion.
  6. KarMaSk89

First, Conz works with every other outfit in the server already. Im pretty sure i was the first commander to use command chat effectively. We work with WASP nightly aswell as the entire NC. (when they feel like it.)

Second, you guys are creating something that is already within the game. What are we to be rewarded with lolipops and forum reputation? Play the game capture the continents and hold them. Ill be posting on the already exsiting NC forums shortly about getting there **** together. But also i dont know if this is the same on the other side but people are leaving the game, not outfits.

Alliances already exist. They wouldnt even be needed if people just learnt to work together in command chat.

Alot of my guys share my opinion that this is just rehashing current situations already. We might be on esamir that night. But we fight for continent total control at all times. Giving me imaginary points for capturing bases just sounds hilarious.

Conz will be playing the game. Suggest u guys take a note and do the same. I respect you guys are trying something new but its justa rehash on what we have nothing new.

Sorry if my spelling is bad im on my tablet.
  7. allelujah

Why are you shouting? no need to shout 'MILLER META-GAME PROJECT'.
    I do not understand why you are using the term meta game in the title, what you are proposing is a league.

It is a 3 hour event, were a said outfit(s) will be on a continent and they will be judged on the performance of the whole of their faction.
    There are many external factors that can effect the outcome of a fight that outfits do not have control over.

I see this as a standard operation, nothing more, nothing less...
    If WASP are to be part of it, I will be there.

To me this seems like outfit vs outfit. We do not have the controlled environment to make it viable / fair.
    If you want to go down that route you would need to try and remove all external factors.
    In my eyes to best way to achieve this would be.
    • Designate an unflippable base.
      • less chance of the zerg joining
    • Designate defending outfit(s).
    • Designate assaulting outfit(s).
    • Setup a safe zone / starting area for participating outfits
    • Simulate the base flip with timers.
  8. AdennTM

You NC really care too much about winning or losing...

This isn't about victory or defeat (in my eyes) but have the outfits of each faction at the same place and at the same time in order to have intensive fighting for a couple of hours. Hell, maybe even fill up Amerish.
    • Up x 1
  9. AquaKiller

Its funny to hear that comming from a faction so focused on 'winning' and capping 'worthless' continents that it organizes late-night early-morning ghost caps. Whatever floats your boat.
  10. allelujah

As much as I love seeing you guys come up with ideas, you say that the NC is to worried about winning or losing, but you are the ones trying to implement a scoring system.

Were do I state about winning and losing?
    I gave my point of view on a way to run outfit vs outfit in a more controlled environment... isnt that what you are trying to do?
  11. RedCat

Since when is the entirety of the TR me? TR did not propose this, I did (some are implying this is some sort of TR scheme, while we do like propaganda really, this isn't some big master plan), and this isn't some ****** plan to get a continent lock, why do people care about that anyways? Seriously. Whatever other TR outfits do I can't control, while SoV is part of TRAM we've only participated once, we have no influence over their actions.

The entire point of this is to get all outfits from all factions together onto one continent to have an epic 3 hour long battle, we'll never be able to make it fair unless the devs decide to start adding the laning system and other rules, which won't happen any time soon.

What we can do is sort of direct the battle by adding a point system, if you look at Indar for example the crown and surrounding territories is worth 1 point, while the others are worth more, it's made in such a way that the outfits participating will hopefully spread out more and have some fights on places we've never seen a long lasting fight at before.

And yes, this is more of a league I suppose then some kind of big meta-game plan, we'll see after the first few tests I guess, we could always add more rules to make it more interesting like you mentioned, but let's see how this plays out first.

I can do that, no problem, just send me a message.
    • Up x 1
  12. LordMondando

I fail to see how anyone could in principle be against this, perhaps the details (indeed I am not entirely decided). But the principle. Why? Well it seems to provide a framework for:

1) More sportsmanship in playing a competitive game
    2) Perhaps formalizing our engagements a bit more, so we can reliably expect competition to be as close as possible to 'full strength'.

This should be a good idea, by anyone standards. Regardless of the status quo.

Miller, is in virtue of its community, the best server. This is a good opportunity, indeed a good idea. To show the rest of PS2, indeed set the tone for 'how its done'.

Don't speak for DL (like many outfits, still in discussion). But I am for this.
  13. Pella

INI Will take part in the event.

Great concept. And a good opportunity for outfits to live up to there big talk on the forums :p
  14. Dotz0r

BRTD will only really consider this if more VS / NC factions get on board. At this rate - just looks like TR.

Imho, great idea - gives us something "at least" to work at / to do.
  15. Pella

Certain NC outfits rather just get there zerg on.
  16. AdennTM

I say scratch the entire point system and only say where to fight at and when. With some luck more NC/VS outfits would join that way.
  17. RedCat

Yep exactly, we can always add more rules and things later if necessary, but for now we'll leave it at this.

Right now we've got 3 TR's signed up, 2 VS and 2 NC, it is indeed not enough but I understand most outfits are still discussing so we'll see.

Perhaps if the point system doesn't work out, but we'd really like to try it to see how it effects outfit decisions on where to go next etc.
    • Up x 1
  18. Doogle

Some real party poopers here, Im not too sure about the points system either but I do like the idea of creating more meta game and a better community for miller.

I support any attempt to improve the hex system and giving us something more to fight over, the Indar cap has been just as fun as it was when the VS had the lock, it actualy makes indar something other than a crownfest cert grinder.
  19. Versuchender

If it's just for the fun (Which I am open to.) just name time and place. Who needs the points when it's all about the clash of steel and thundering storms. I can even predict that there would be alot of on- and awkward discussion, how to count, when to count, that randoms mixed it up, that you cannot count this base this or that way, because...., TR bragging around etc.

Just name a day, focus an area and burn in the lights of freedom. A Rendez-vous in the fields of snow on Esamir, Vanguards making scrap of your Prowlers. Might add enough fun for everyone (Although we got alot of fun and "Manic Missions" ourselves.). But this idea might be to simple for you Terrans, bound in your chain of command. Free yourself and join... well, go to the Vanu, they lack people as we lack targets. (Except GOON dropping an outpost with half Terran population :D)
    • Up x 1
  20. ergie

Nice idea, posting right now in FUSH forums, need to talk the founder and leaders