MILLER META-GAME PROJECT (Outfit leaders sign up!)

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by RedCat, Mar 29, 2013.

1. RedCat

For now we will not be doing anything with this project, because of the new alert system introduced in GU06. You will still be able to use this website to make alliances, find outfits, discuss things and the like.

If you want access to the private faction boards sign up here:
    http://miller.auraxis.eu/index.php?topic=4.0

www.miller.auraxis.eu

Introduction:
    To better direct the flow of battle we have decided to create the website http://www.miller.auraxis.eu/ The goal of this website is to bring outfit leaders of all factions together in order to start a onslaught between outfits in Auraxis of scale no one has ever seen before. We create our own meta-game through use of a point system which is explained below.

How does it work?
    The first great Auraxis battle between outfits will be on Esamir, when exactly will be decided by all the outfit leaders of all factions in a poll once everyone has signed up, this will merely be a test battle to see how the system works.

The point system is as followed:
    Amerish: http://i.imgur.com/jqDRnLn.jpg
    Esamir: http://i.imgur.com/357LhZf.jpg
    Indar: http://i.imgur.com/R1iEdTO.jpg

A battle will last 3 hours, and whoever has the most points at the end will be the winner. The points system is made in such a way that each faction has an equal change of winning. You might have noticed that each warpgate has 3 territories around it with 4 points, so if you manage to warpgate-lock another faction you will get a lot of points.

However there is one rule:
    1) A outfit or several outfits are not allowed to start capturing lots of territory in order to have an advantage when the match starts, at the day of the event.

How will the winner be determined?
    Each event will be held for a specific amount of hours, after that the faction who owns has the most territory in percentages will in. Whichever faction wins get to choose on which continent they want to fight next week using a poll system.

A place for outfits of each side to get together:
    Our goal is to create an environment for each faction to start alliances, friends and foe's. Each faction will have their own private board where they can discuss alliances, tactics and strategies.

"How will you prevent information leaking from one faction to another?"
    We recommend you use a VOIP program to discuss the final tactics and strategies of upcoming battles. Our community leaders will remain anonymous, they are trusted to not leak any information and will moderate the boards if things get out of hand.

If you have any questions about this project you can reply here.

You may sign up here to get access to the private faction boards:
    http://miller.auraxis.eu/index.php?topic=4.0

Note that you will need to register first.
    • Up x 3
  2. }{ellKnight

Just wanted to point out how the scoring system will work:

Before the start of the event the admins/event managers will take a screenshot of the continent.

Even starts and people start battling each other.

At the end of the event another screenshot and the factions will be rewarded points based on how many and which territories they control.

Without any way of resetting the continent there's no way of controlling this properly so we're trying to make due with what we have. The current system has an issue with the event starting right after a continent lock because the faction that capped it (or was close to doing it) has a very high chance of loosing the event because they can lose more territories than the other factions.

This whole thing is still in beta so we encourage people to give feedback and suggestions so we can improve it.
  3. Arquin

Oh god yes million times yes yes yes yes yes yes

*Hugs Redcat*

I hope the others even look at this with an open mind.
  4. AdennTM

Seems awesome. Posting a thread on my clans website.

Hopefully this will create fun and intense battles :)
  5. Rusky

:eek:

This sounds great! I need those transfer tokens already :(
  6. Qballos

Sounds good,will drop this in the outfit..
  7. cassan0va

Sounds like it could be fun
  8. Luzario

252nd is discussing it :D
  9. RedCat

Nice, we're looking to our first test on Esamir as soon as we got enough outfits involved.
  10. Ulysees

Posted up in the WASP forums will let you know if we are signing up soon but looks like a good idea to me.
  11. isilyan

Posted on Vanu Coperations(VC) forum, sounds like good fun:)
  12. RedCat

13. Dumblediner

14. Qballos

Am an 252 officer and takijng care of foreign affairs stuff.So i will be the contact with the 252 untill Luzario want to take over.
    i have dropped this in the officer's lounge. and got a question bout the outfit member number,any idea's on this?

*Quote Mhaza 252 officer*Looks interesting...Not sure about it though. THe huge outfits always have the advantage.. (yes I'm always very competative). But it should add some fun in the server if the numbers are a bit decent.*

I will sign up on the website tough but think luzario himself will do that also.
  15. Neodym

I think its a great concept and Jianji will discuss it!!
  16. RedCat

A smaller more organized outfit should be able to handle zergs, it really depends on how the first tests go, we might add extra rules for this. For example capping a 1 you would need at least 12 people, but not more than 24, we'll see how it goes.
  17. AquaKiller

It sounds nice in theory... but who are those admins you speak of? How can I, and others, trust them? It sounds a little fishy, like your (TRAM) actions in past weeks.

First you post "Operation Abandon Indar" in an attempt to lure most of the outfits out of indar. Then you cowardly log in in the early morning to cap an empty continent only to brag about it in the afternoon.

Now this. I dont trust nor do I respect you anymore. However, this is my personal oppinion so if WASP joins, I'll be part of it too.
  18. RedCat

The admins are me and }{ellKnight, I can't guarantee you to trust us, that's why we recommend that any final tactics between outfits should be discussed privately on teamspeak between outfit leaders or somewhere else. The forum is merely a way of getting into contact with each other and start alliances.

My operation abandon Indar post and TRAM capturing Indar had nothing to do with each other, I simply wanted to our outfit to play more on Amerish and Esamir, sadly one of those continents seem to be always near empty. Operation abandon Indar was a temp solution until I could get this running.

Me personally I don't really understand the obsession with capturing a continent, as it has no meaning at all right now, the 10% off you get of certain resources is almost nothing, with or without that I barely notice my resources. Next to that, what TRAM did anyone can do really, just login with 2 WASP squads between 3am-7am and ghost cap Indar, there is nothing to it, and I don't know why TRAM decided to do it, apart from having a few laughs about it, I wasn't there either so I wouldn't know.
    • Up x 1
  19. cassan0va

On paper it sounds good..
  20. KarMaSk89

Re hashing the original game concept. Havin a server forums im all for. Conz wont be taking part though.