Miller is dead.

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Elia Chobanov, May 21, 2013.

1. Ulysees

MGP I'm sorry but you have to look at this from a strategic standpoint in terms of the game as it plays. If the pops are even then I agree focusing on one faction ALL the time would be unfair and drive people away from that faction if they are unable to cope with battles that this brings and why do you think it is that Vanu and NC populations have taken a massive hit the last 2-3 weeks? Because players are not playing the game strategically and in order to get a fair fight Vanu and NC fight each other with portions of their population leaving the TR front undermanned and those players facing the TR get overwhelmed and eventually give up then the TR get to hit the Vanu and NC forces that were enjoying a fair fight and roll those too which then causes more players on the Vanu and NC side to quit and you get a population decrease spiral that will KILL the server with only the diehards holding true to their faction loyalty.

However in multiple threads I have seen about this the TR also complain about the lack of opposition and it's no fun for their platoon to keep on crushing lonely squads of NC and Vanu that they find in the wilderness so as the lowest populated factions on the server if the NC and the Vanu fight the TR AND THE TR HAVE THE POPULATION TO COPE WITH THIS everyone is a winner since NC and Vanu don't get rolled all the time so their faction attrition rate slows down and stops and TR get back to the Miller server of old where there are massive fights raging that are fun for all to take part in.

In your quote of mine you missed out one key part and that my post is specifically aimed at Alerts and only when the TR have the population advantage and also with the manner that I suggest players manage themselve during alerts it doesn't automatically deny TR from ever winning an alert again since my aim is not to just bend over the TR and ask you to pick up the soap I want my faction to win the alert and I expect the Vanu faction to try to win the alert as well so it's a question of timing it right to stop the focus on the TR and then switch to Vanu and vice versa and that is the point that the TR have the chance to steal the alert when the pressure stops being applied to them then TR have a chance to win also - with this playstyle everyones a winner but it won't happen (though the lattice does give me some shred of hope after seeing it in action tonight and in fact all this rhetoric will be nullified by the fact that squads cannot simply ghost cap around a fight thus guaranteeing a win because our side simply doesn't have anyone spare to go and stop the ghost cappers).

I don't want to pick on any faction (except Vanu but that's what I call Magriderenvy and is my own issue to deal with) what I do want is to stop the 4th factioners from screwing me out of good fights by swapping to the side that is guaranteed the alert win at pretty much any time of day and get back to the good old day of kicking **** and taking names cos that's the planetside I love and with just an hours worth of play on the lettuce tonight I think SOE might just be able to deliver - we will see.
  2. Xasapis

Today was just an anomaly due to the new abilities implemented and all the people who are curious to see what's the big deal about them. As with when the lancer was implemented, the population will revert to its previous numbers, once people realise that ZOE is nothing special, or nothing more special than the other two special max abilities.
  3. MGP

Yea.
  4. huller

You should adhere to the rules you created yourself, even when it is you or the Vanu that is overpop during certain times of the day. Getting double teamed when we barely have 20% on a continent is no fun.
  5. Ulysees

Well to be honest if that is the end result and we get even pops then why is that a bad situation since it will lead to more fair fights and then may the best outfits win?

And while you say TR dared to stay in the game why is it that all the large TR outfits in threads about population imbalances have said their numbers have shrunk slightly if I recall BRTD on non Op nights is around 4 squads and Goon report around 3 Squads compared to a couple of months ago when numbers for both were significantly larger? So if your numbers are staying the same but your outfits are not really growing where are all the extra players coming from? Could it be the fabled 4th faction which is what we want to get rid of, short term faction hoppers who are spoiling the alerts for all concerned?

BTW WASP are not struggling for numbers our regular playerbase is expanding and has been for a couple of months so the drop off of NC players from a personal persepctive is not something I am seeing but it is a reality. 2 months ago for one of the best nights on Planetside 2 so far NCTO tried to remove the TR lock on Indar, for this event we field 12 platoons - nearly 600 guys if my math isn't totally off. Last Sunday for the NCTO event our turnout was around 6 platoons - thats a lot of players who have gone missing.
  6. Ulysees

Huller we do play this way, if Vanu have a continent bonus WASP don't fight the TR regardless just because you have a population advantage we play the game in front of us based upon the best strategy at the time.

30% NC cannot fight 50% TR if 15% of the NC are fighting vanu the other 15% fight the TR so you get, based on a 666 max server pop split, 333 TR against 100 NC - in a standup fght at the right base we can possibly hold out but thats not how the game plays, 150 TR will fight those 100 NC and the other 150 TR will cap all the bases around us forcing a retreat to warpgate and eventual TR victory.

And you will note that in all the threads the common theme is the weaker factions fight the stronger, if Vanu or NC have a significant population advanage (more than 10% of the second highest) that's where you should focus, at least in my eyes that the correct strategic decision but NC and Vanu do not appear to have many non outfit strategist running our public players hence the *********** that has evolved and the mass whine about population imbalance instead of us playing the game the way it's intended to be played and letting the mechanics in place deal with population imbalances we have hundreds of threads screaming for SOE to address poplation imbalances which simply is not something that is easy to do without breaking unintentional things.
  7. MGP

If you look at the population history, you will see what TR pop dropped from average 1500 at prime time, to average 1000. That's 1/3 of TR who left the game. At the same time NC dropped from 1300 to 700. That's almost a half. This is why TR got highest pop on miller now.
    I don't know how else to explain what your solution is flawed to say the least.
    If there are problems with "A", you solve problems with "A", not trying to create more problems for "B".
    Example:
    You and your neighbor were working on the same jobs, then you said "*** that job, i quit!", while your neighbor stayed. Now you're a jobless, and your neighbor got more money then you. But instead of looking for new job, you decided to burn his house down.
  8. Ulysees

MGP are you playing a different game to the one that I am seeing where primetime alert populations are often TR around 40-50% of the server with NC and Vanu at the 25-30% of the server - it doesn't matter about totals what matters is the population on the alert continent at the time of the alert.

I am NOT advocating that NC and Vanu double team the TR all the time, every day. I am advocating that players in charge of squads look at the population graphs and WHATEVER population has a clear and distinct advantage is where they put their focus. Unfortunately at the moment the players who are most likely to have the most players are the TR, but having said that on Sunday for the NCTO event it was the NC who had the highest population during the Esamir alert and when we pushed more than 50% territory control Vanu switched focus from the TR front to the NC front which is perfectly fine but they did it too early and so NC couldn't fight the 2 front extended war, had to retreat and formed a frontline around Mani Biolab to Eisa tech plant, TR got all the territory in the south and pushed up to Nott Amp station and won the alert and because Vanu mis-timed their push on NC territory it handed the victory to the faction who for the first 45-60 minutes had found themselves nearly warpgated.

This to me is how the game should be played not the TR population roflstomps we have had going on for the past 2-3 weeks and even though we lost the alert and TR won the alert I had a lot of fun on Sunday and I hope so did all the players on the server who were there for the event.
  9. Luzario

actually you are wrong... you are getting new players by the 100s .... ask any NC or VS of how many TR with BR in their teen-ages have they killed in the last 2 weeks....
  10. Dignity

This problem has been spotted ages ago.

Thank god for the occasional cooperation between NC and VS, for instance, today we worked together for the last hour of an alert and managed to push the alert into a draw when the TR had a higher pop than both of us combined (57% if I'm not mistaken)

I think we'll be fine as long as this doesn't go too far.
  11. MajorZbug

Dominating victory in yesterday's primetime alert with 60% TR. There was enough people on the server to triple-faction-popcap it then double team the TR. It didn't happen. Is it our fault you can't organize your stuff ?

I won't complain though, I was on Indar with 25-30% TR against 40% vanu, and it was great. Somewhere near 25 000 xp (boosted) from the alert on top of that.
  12. Skiptis

VA did have people contesting that alert, but there's very little you can do with two squads and some randoms against several hundred TR (I was there - I personally blew up 3-4 Sunderers in the last 10-15 minutes before the alert ended). The organisation isn't at fault, it's down to randoms having given up on most alerts because of the continuing population imbalance and randoms will likely always be the majority of players. It didn't help that TR started the alert with 50% territory.

But if you'd rather sit and feel smug about getting free xp for rolling your thumbs than having a level playing field that's your prerogative.
  13. MajorZbug

Like I said we went to Indar to find the good fight there because the alert was just plain boring, so I don't feel smug at your lack of organized effort more than you do. I hate the situation just as much - but blaming it on the TR and disregarding all the ways you have of fixing it yourself is not going to work. Building TRAM and making it work was a lot of effort for the people involved. If you don't want to undergo the same effort and just whine about it, welp. TR will continue to win.
  14. Skiptis

I'm not blaming it on the TR. I'm blaming it on the population imbalance and assessing that because of how many players play in outfits that are not part of any larger organisation (and / or don't care to) or don't play in an outfit at all which means there's only so much organisation can compensate for.

Personally I'm doing what I can, which is to say support the VA and showing up to contest the alerts, but in the end the game will need mechanics that help even things out (let's face it, bonus xp is pretty much irrelevant) when populations (both at continent and server level) are uneven.
  15. Xasapis

As far as I'm concerned, alerts are boring and pointless at this point. Only one thing has a more permanent effect and that's continent control. That, and lattice being new and interesting to explore as a new system.

If I could influence one thing though, it would be picking another continent to launch the lattice on.
  16. MGP

How can i be wrong, if i'm looking at actual pop numbers, and 3 months ago we were getting 1500 during prime time, and nowadays we're barely getting 1000. Where are all those fresh new TR players you're talking about?
  17. LordMondando

Not tonight it weren't.

GG NC VS and TR. GG.
  18. MajorZbug

Hope you enjoyed the hour you spent ghost capping the eastern half after we noticed we were getting copiously doubleteamed in a 33/33/33 situation. As usual when it happens we make sure the VS lose. Made 150 000 xp in one single evening, oh noes we lost the alert, 0 damn given. Ghost capping will surely help your population issues.
  19. Xasapis

The double exp weekend effect. Anyone knows why though?
  20. LordMondando

I thought ghost capping was supposed to be impossible now.

Either way, I was not there for it. I cannot speak to it. For the hour and a half I was on, we almost exclusively fought the VS.

No need to be just a sourpuss when I was congratulating your side on a good game.