Miller is dead.

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Elia Chobanov, May 21, 2013.

1. Elia Chobanov

When you read the title you'll probably say to yourself : "He's overreacting" . And you will be right. But this is not very far away from the truth. . Let me explain.
    On Miller, as far as I remember, TR have never been underpopped (that's probably not true). Pops were (pretty) balanced. But as of the last 1-2 GUs, things have gone crazy. When peak times start, they have often 45-50% pop while the VC and NC are 25-30. So how does it work out? The NC and VS have the most pop only on 1 cont and they are underpopped on the other two. "But this leads to more XP! YAY!" But no. In reality, this leads to frustration. An alert starts, (ironycally, they almost always have a lot more territory than us) and suddenly you are outnumbered here and they have enough troops to hold the oter 2 conts. Fun, eh?
    I'm not giving any suggestions, I'm just showing the problem. This I leave to people with more imagination than me.
    • Up x 3
  2. Elia Chobanov

Bump. I just want people to know that this is a very serious issue.
  3. Pobiega

Given the option to transfer our entire outfit with chars, certs and ES SC purchaces returned to SC (so we can buy the other faction specific stuff for it), I'm pretty sure it would even out. I'm not overly keen on throwing hundreds of hours of gametime and a decent chunk of money away...
    • Up x 1
  4. IronWarrior

And no was given.
  5. Pella

2500 Players at prime time says otherwise.
  6. Loui5D

TRAM zerg at 3am says otherwise while they ghostcap indar.
    • Up x 3
  7. exLupo

Too bold; didn't read.
  8. Pella

Did you play at that particular time? My guess is no. So why care?
  9. Dotz0r

because its TR, everybody looses their mind - no different to NC/VS doing the usual ghost cap of esamir/amerish. :)

TR is overopopped though - "TRAM ZERG" is a very SMALL miniority of TR - if you played as tr, you would know.
  10. pnkdth

Don't worry, I'm a necromancer. I got this.
  11. Qel

At a minimum Miller needs to be added as a recommended server for new players asap otherwise we could easily be in a 'need merger' situation in a few months time if not sooner. NC and especially VS need more players.
    • Up x 1
  12. AdennTM

Aye. SOOOOOO hard to find good fights nowadays since we TR simply outnumber the other factions. I would switch but I can't stand spandex and I don't want to be stepped.

(And you know, SC, certs, outfit, loyalty to the glorious republic of mankind... minor things)
  13. isilyan

In the afternoon/early evening TR pop tops:( Never forget a week ago VS/NC got warpgated on an afternoon Amerish alert(58% TR pop):(
    But after 21-22GMT in the evening pops seems to even out a bit more....
  14. haldolium

tbh though, the VS on Miller does a way better job as at one particular other server with around the equal pop conditions....
  15. isilyan

Seen from the VS side, it has alot to do with the level of organisation in the afternoon, alot of your online pop just want to play casual.
    And then you get crushed by TR pop/organisation..
    But no reason to cry over an afternoon spanking:) If you take your revenge later in the night:p
    Sry for spelling a bit to much beer tonight...
  16. CaptainQuarky

Came on today at around 6 or 7pm with 60% TR and 20% for both NC and VS. On my NC character, couldn't get any resources so any vehicles I lost couldn't be replaced and was forced to stop playing after about an hour or so cause everywhere I turned there were 2 TR players. The same with my VS character. Then went on my TR character and browsed in a few open platoons and people are taking it easy. They could take a base with 10 people. Say what you want and argue with whatever you can but people are going to stop playing simply because it sucks getting beaten down by sheer numbers despite every tactic you can pull out of the bag. People don't like losing, especially in a game like this. TR players will eventually get bored of beating everyone. Its like AdennTM said, the TR can't get a good fight. People will lose interest and stop playing. You can't put it down to just TRAM. You all the individuals that are running about, hotdropping on the instant action. If you play on your own, you are outnumbered and killed by 2 people. If you play with your outfit, you are outnumbered and killed by bigger outfits. Thats why the NC and VS have to do things like ghost cap. They don't ghost cap because they want to. Its because they have to or they will just give the TR more xp and certs in the process of losing each continent.
  17. YamiNoTenshi

The TR is the Soviet Union of PS2, got a problem? Pile more bodies on it.
    I hope they make Miller the suggested server for new people who want to play for the VS or NC, they really need more blood :/
  18. Xasapis

I think that you should pretty much forget ghost capping as a viable tactic once lattice hits the live servers. It will be interesting to see if the new system will benefit the zerg, or the other factions have a fighting change regardless.

If and only if the TR manage to perma warpgate the other two factions due to lattice, you can call the server dead.
  19. Qel

I could be wrong but if it's recommended it will be recommended regardless of faction so we'll more than likely get even more TR but just have to hope we get plenty of NC and VS too. They need to do something soon anyway...
  20. YamiNoTenshi

Breaking out of a camped WG will be much harder since you won't have the same choice of bases to take, all it takes is for the camping faction to seal of the roads and you will have a much harder time getting anywhere.