[Suggestion] Miller imbalanced Population DBG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Aug 20, 2017.

1. adamts01

As long as they remove the requirement to log on to every character to collect daily certs.
  2. LtBomber1

I cant say this often enough: NEVER punish players for playing the game!

If they want to play another fraction, it is their choice. It is, however, the devs job to make sure playing the underpop fraction is enjoyable, and that they can put up a fight. On that topic, i suggested equal Narnite income for each fraction. So the underpop fraction can field as many force multipliers as the high pop ones (Ofc not in the same time, they are less ppl, giving less multipliers at a momement, but regeneration will be quicker.

XP bonus is sweet, and i think it is balanced enough, however gaining terretory is almost impossible, but to the point were the other fraction completly ignore the low pops...
  3. PanzerGoddess

its FACTION MAN FACTION! WE DONT HAVE "FRACTIONS" IN THIS GAME.....ffs

"stimpy you idiot!"
  4. Nithavela

This evening, the population on Indar was quire balanced, with 30, 34 and 35 respectively (VS of course the thirty, but hey!). Had a lot of fun, some nice plays, some intense battles, got squashed a few times, squashed a few times myself. This is how PS2 should be imho.
  5. BorgUK1of9

Mepps you gotta do something soon, I have been playing on Cobalt for more equal pops but I just cant handle it, VS there dont talk on any channel, command, squad, outfit, region, local.
    There is no communication what so ever, its like I joined the empire of mutes, you need to balance the pop on Miller so I can go home outside of peak hours.

Is there any update ?????
  6. Bambaleilo

Wow, VS are actually underpop! That enables me to at last dump ****** Reaver for a Scyte without feeling like I gave up!
    Time to put on some purple spandex! Do I have to change my sexual preferences or being straight is acceptable for VS?
  7. Eternaloptimist

I didn't get that impression from the announcement but they did say less reward for people who spent less time fighting during the qualifying period (which I took to mean less time fighting for a particular faction if you've swapped but could be wrong).

People with multiple avatars sometimes like to swap especially if (like me) they are members with more avatars and just want to go where the big fights are. Personally, I don't really want to pay to have limits placed on what I can do for reasons I may not have a particular interest in.

I won't hang around in a boring situation just for a few extra ISO4 as I have plenty of buying power due to membership benefits, so I'll happily sacrifice that rather than freedom to swap..........but that's just me
  8. CodexCharash

hey i also think that the pop balance is a big problem on Miller (don't know how it is on other Servers), but to be honest I really think that the patch is a good thing already because alerts will be important again and people will have different targets then farming. Additional to that, I think that some pl-leads from the past just lost interest in leading cause there was no real reason to win alerts anymore. So this patch will definetly encourage people to start leading again, which will let the pop rise on every faction, so when organisation is back, people will come back to their main factions and pop will start balancing.

And maybe one thing to the veteran players:
    Maybe think about what was the great thing in that game before everyone was just focusing on the best posssible farm. So especially the good players should play the underpop faction, to balance the game the play since years !

And to the other VS players, in the past there were times we kind of dominated alerts with 25% pop, not everything is decided by pop in this game. So don't get demotivatet, just find together , build squads, build platoons, play tactical and simply go arround the zergs and be faster. It's not sth that can be done in 1 day, but when you got people back organized on Vs its even more fun to play with lower pop.

So as some of the Vs miller players have recognized , i am also back in leading again and i am bringing some people with me to start balancing the pop. In the End no patch can force people to switch factions in this game it have to be the Community and with that i also adres TR and NC outfits that should be interested in a balanced Game.

best regards [WIB] CodexCharash
    • Up x 1
  9. zaspacer

Hugely appreciate your feedback. Also, it's great to hear your Team has their focus on this issue.

Just curious, why is your Team against team swapping?

My understanding was that many players like the freedom to switch Factions and find the gameplay they like.
  10. BorgUK1of9

So its been a month since I asked the question and this was on the back of the previous 2 months posts by others about the pop issues. As a customer I am finding the game limiting because due to the pop imbalance all we can do is defend and with the recent 80% TR/NC pop taking the easy target and just hitting the 20% VS its getting tiresome.

If you dont want this to end up just being a TR and NC 2-way fight (which we know in the game mechanics wont work) then just keep not doing what you arent doing. When SOE screwed up TR on Planetside 1 and it just because an NC/VS fight it killed the game, customers wondered off to other games and cancelled subs.

The new cont system if implemented will just make it worse, no way an empire with 20% can hold territory against 80%.NC/TR, the outcome wont end well.
  11. BartasRS

hmm maybe because Cobalt VS knows each other quite well and we don't need much words. Still, I see plenty of meaningfull chat when it's needed. Besides, even if we are the underpop faction most of the times I am still seeing many victories and having tons of fun there.
  12. Humoreske

VS wants population as well as winning percentage?
    Miller's VS winning percentage is 35.7%. and NC is only 25.7%.
    Overpop? No,It's balanced.
  13. BorgUK1of9

Historically when pops were balanced but have you looked at the winning percentages in the last few months ?!

Has your empire had to abandon an alert because its just a waste of time, prime time on an evening ? (See below)

[IMG]
  14. LordKrelas

Yes.
    Happened on NC.
    Happened on TR.
    And as you can see, it can happen on VS.

Usually if you win a continent well enough, the next time it's opened, or the next continent, you get focus fired.
    Let alone at Low-pop, as then you let them have VPs to try to beat the other side.
    Least TR & NC in that shot are actively killing each other on the grand scale ;>
  15. pnkdth

The last 30 alerts, NC have won 13, tied 3. 10 of 30 of the last prime time alerts were won by NC. Many of the alerts are also quite close and there are very few landslide victories.

If all factions get as many wins as much as the other factions you are still losing twice as many alerts as you are winning. One of the quirks of a three-way faction game. So it might feel worse than it is, relatively speaking.

So whatever Miller NC is doing now NC on other servers should follow suit(even though they do seem to cling to that victim complex like a security blanket).
  16. Akuzimo

Hell, I remember this same argument back on the old Waterson days. VS was always under popped and TR was supreme by far, peaking in at 40% on some days. VS still managed to not only crush the TR on some occasions but not only held their own during alerts, won them too. It was a beautiful thing to listen to the VS leadership in Waterson. Now, on Emerald.... not so much regarding that left but the pop imbalance isn't nearly as bad.
  17. BorgUK1of9

Well on Miller this patch is going to finish off VS, 24% tonight, with the new system we cant and cannot win an alert, even with the biggest most active outfit on the server DIG.

It comes down to simple mathematics numbers.

We dont have the numbers, the change to AV ruined the only decent weapon we had left the Lancer.

Talk about fed up players on chat.

And LordKrelas your talking out of your ****, TR and NC are just going for the easy target the low pop empire and ignoring each other.
  18. LordKrelas

Each side is being mentally stupid during the new alerts.
    Each side has, and still is going for the lower pop sides at all times; Which shifts.

If the Lancer retained all its capabilities, unlike all other AV, Only VS would have a tank killer.
    Since this game is a team game, winning solely or handling massive numbers due to equipment sounds broken as hell.
    "Outpopped, no worries, this tool lets us handle it"
    Reverse that pop, with the same tool, and nothing survives.
  19. ridicOne

As per I haven't tested since the update to all the RL's extensively to make a comment I feel is worthy. I'm just going to go with well have to see how the multipliers go. The problem with trying to see how multipliers are going to work you need all the factions to be using the weapon to there full potential. This is the biggest problem with the 3 RL's. VS was the only faction using the Lancer to it's full potential but you had to be coordinated. If there going to make this change to the lancer change it's dropoff and give it some damage.

Previously before the update I had no problem (sorta kinda, its not easy to get RL kills (except when your farming infantry)(thanks DBG for the Decimator to face all the time now...))) soloing with the Striker or Phoenix against air or ground vehicles I had a chance to get some kills. Hardly ever could I take a Lancer out to solo because it's just pointless.

So if it's even worse than before and I'm sure NS RL's will be what's going to be used, cough *cough.
  20. BorgUK1of9

It hasnt helped with all these sudden -BR10 players who clearly are BR120s who have switched sides for the alert rewards. Its making the issue even worse on Miller and in some respct who can blame them.

Who wants to get farmed due to imbalanced pop when you can switch sides when you can just jump ship, farm away and pick up some nice new toys. Where is the incentive to stay loyal to your chosen empire when it has 10% less pop than the other two.

NONE.

I admit to being almost as bad, I wonder to off to my VS character on Cobalt rather than we WG locked.

And the worst thing, the number of cheaters who of course only play the empire who started the alert. Getting HS every 5 seconds from nowhere is getting a lot of people pissed off. Lots of posts about it but no action from DBG.