Miller feedback on Lattice

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Pella, May 23, 2013.

1. Epoch/Eep

It desperately needs generators and some form of back hacking even if it might take longer than a standard hack. (like an ntu drain was)
    However the new frontlines are pretty awesome. We got into a fight tonight where the squad i was with was basically preemptively taking a base behind the frontline and fighting for it whilst praying the base on the actual frontlines would get secured. That frontline had platoons fighting over it. Then NC gets it locked down and suddenly our spec ops ninja stuff pays off and we move the frontline. By the time the mass of VS realise the base they are fighting over can't t be hacked were 1 minute from cap. A tense 60 seconds of awesome fights ensue and we lcoked down the base. The NC move up and the VS get pushed into the Peris.

1 Small squad made a massive impact but you have to work with or predict stuff and have a bit of luck.
    I'm seeing a lot of "small squads can't do much" talk and its kinda hard to agree.
    You do have to work on the fringes or within a bigger fight and the days of pushing a new battlefront with a few guys have passed with this.
  2. Rhagnor

I don't dislike it. A bit more choice wouldn't be bad though. We have starting calling it 'Follow the yellow brick road'. Once you take a certain line to cap, you basically can't deviate from that at all unless you abandon that line entirely.
  3. Van Dax

IMO it returned the game to the fights I encountered when I first started playing and got rid of the ghost capping meta-game. I think we'll see a period of crappy zerging and then outfits will start to adapt and figure out all the cool things we can do with the new system.
  4. MajorZbug

First true outfit op on Indar tonight, feedback = I just ******* love it.

We had 3 squads of our own + one recruitment squad (12 PUs that were following more or less), and we managed to do a lot more than just zerg or get zerged. It's so funny to watch the zerg stand clueless on a checkpoint that doesn't flip because we just dropped the other end of the yellow link after they left it undefended. Stalemate ? Well, let's go elsewhere, or have them fight us on our own terms. Vanu zerg defending Camp Connery ? Well they can't be everywhere at once, let's try that less crowded lane further south.

Rashnu was tense. When it started, it was just two of our squads against three to four NC squads with air support. After quickly losing the south camp we tried to hold the base as long as we could with only 30% pop, and when backup arrived we had to reclaim all points and reset the timer before we started caring about camps. At that point pops were 45 vs 55. When we dropped the south camp with only one squad just as the main base timer reached 0, it finally halted the assault effectively as the zerg couldn't split efficiently : they sent like one full platoon to kill our 12 guys, allowing the people inside the biolab to push the rest out efficiently. More and more TR and NC turned up, the fight that had started with less than 50 people lasted for a good hour. With the old system ? SCU down before we can even get there, fight killed in the egg.

There was no ghost cap, there was no empty bases, everywhere we got to, there was action of all sizes, squad v squad, platoon v platoon, you name it. We have the same liberty to pick our own good fight as we did before, but now we're just guaranteed to find it. We can setup a defence in advance because there's a 100% chance hostiles will move towards us, not 20, 25 or 33 like before : 100%.

It's impossible to outsmart people who do unpredictable stuff. Now the zerg is truly predictable, there's a new kingdom of possibilities offered to people who move fast, deploy fast, think fast.

The only thing that's not working is those hours long stalemates over major bases. We left Saurva after a while, but we saw that fight going on and on and on endlessly for the whole evening. It's impossible to capture a bio lab without a crushing 70% population. Bring the NTU back from PS1, and it will be perfect.
  5. bNy_

Me as a pilot got bored very quickly... No point in bringing vehicles to fight no more, at least not ESFs.
  6. MajorZbug

ESF were never welcome in high intensity fights. Once both sides start pulling a lot of AA/AV, standing a few dozen meters from each other, that creates an absolute no fly zone for all empires. It was the same before the lattice, the only difference is that massive fights that behave this way are going to be much more common. If you go into these fights with your brittle ESF and it goes wrong for you, you can only blame yourself.

I've seen a lot of hostile ESF around tonight hurting us more than enough, and used them a bit to great effect. Just don't show up to a platoonS vs platoonS fight and expect it to go well.
  7. Pella

Biolabs are much better to attack / defend now.
  8. MajorZbug

True, although if no one wants to give up they can turn into massive stalemates. Better be on the defence, or leave, when it happens.
  9. Mhaza

Ok, I somewhat like it, but then again. I somewhat dislike it as well. It's just 'follow the yellow road' now. At least it brings fights. But it gets easy to predict where enemies are going.
  10. MajorZbug

Alert + lattice, wow, the amount of big fights was impressive. Best collection of epic moments in a long while. Bring back the NTU or anything else so we have some tools to break stalemates and it will be perfect.
  11. wafflynumber

Actually had a fight over the bridge from regent rock to scarred mesa, was absolutely brilliant! No doubt that without lattice, it wouldn't have happened.
    • Up x 1
  12. SilverAura

This isn't a game of hide and seek. It's still possible to ghost hack facilities since there's not always going to be a large fight on every point on the map where one could occur. At least with the lattice, the fights in PlanetSide 2 can finally start living up to the PlanetSide name.
  13. Chal

Nice fight between Coramed and Indar Excavation tonight you guys had so many fracture maxes out that I had to lower my sound effect volume because there were so many explosions going off around my mag I couldnt hear a thing over TS. Good stuff! The lattice is definitely making some fun large fights but we could do with something equivalent to a gen hold or NTU drain in PS1 to give small spec ops teams something fun to do.
  14. RadiO

As part of an NC flyboy outfit, I felt even more out of a job. Both TR and VS gained new abilities that synergise extremely well with Burster Max's even though there was already a problem with AA. Needless to say, everyone was trying them out.

Managed to pull a Dalton lib and have my gunner take a few pot-shots by peeking up over a hill when we thought the flak was otherwise occupied. Tried a fly over at 950m and was shredded to pieces by the ZOE Flak and Lock ons because the ground is at 500m on southern Indar.

I have seen an increase in VS air units, possibly due to the 2x EXP or because their AA is just better now. :p
  15. Mhaza

^That hasn't much to do with the lattice, they are just making VS and TR way more air proof. While us, NC pilots sit around holding our dick and crying in a corner. Ever since the massive striker waves it already started becoming annoying. But we have quite an impossible job now. But this is not the topic to discuss that.

OT: SilverAura: True, but it will be even easier to set up an ambush now, earlier it was a bit harder. When you see a tankzerg up north on Indar (don't know the name of the base). You can go 2 ways, 1 is the biolab, the other is to the crown. 75% will head for the crown and 25% to the biolab. Guess where I will be laying tankmines and sit on the side of the roads with heavy assaults.
    Just as an example.
  16. Ruvan

Well arguably your shields are just as good against air as deploy mode/speedy disco crab mode.

Shove 3+ Burster MAXes together of any faction and it's likely they're going to annihilate any air nearby. ZOE/deployed mode only means you will need to less MAXes to create the area denial zone.

Your new shield means that the MAXes are less vulnerable to attack from the more experienced pilots and (more to the point) teams of experienced pilots that will try to kill you.
  17. MajorZbug

This is not the subject, but you're wrong. We both got a max ability that allows us to instagib air much easier than before, the NC didn't. The new MAX abilities shouldn't have affected NS weapons at all, problem solved. Anchored dual mercy or dual fracture is already as OP as it it, and ZOE well, it's ZOE. I've seen the aegis shield doing wonders in biolabs, but when it comes to AA, the NC have been shafted, period.
    • Up x 1
  18. CII0P

All lettice seems to me so far is more grinds and more cluster****s in too small bases. Hopefully we, the players, will get to terms with this new system and no longer all bunch up on A point with 70 vs 70. Not my kind of game, makes it feel like a 70 vs 70 game of Call of Duty.
  19. MajorZbug

Infantry zones will get bigger to accomodate that, see the Esamir changes highlighted in last FNO. It will come to Indar eventually.
  20. pnkdth

Used to be kind of cool, then it turned into tedium.

The shields showed at FNO immediately made me think of EFS/libs shield dancing in and out bombing infantry. They could not have designed a better protection from burster MAXes than this.