Military Gamers is Reporting for Duty

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Amnerys Moderator

By: Jennifer "Yaviey" Bridges

[IMG]

SOE is working on something BIG! As you probably know, we’re all gamers here. We also like to think of our players as our extended family. That’s why this year we’re teaming up in the most epic of ways – to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network charity via Extra Life’s 24-hour gaming marathon. Through this endeavor we can all work together (and have fun) with the ultimate prize of helping children in need. You can learn more about our contributions and how to get involved here.

This week we introduce you to the honorable Military Gamers. Yes, that’s right – we’re not the only ones joining this worthy fight. After all, it’s not something we could do alone. There are lots of kids out there who need help – and they’re in all of our neighborhoods.
    [IMG]

In fact, that’s the reason many men and women join the U.S. military – to serve their country, and that includes the people who live in it. Military Gamers started out as a place to bring together gamers who were or are in the United States military. Now they’ve grown to over 2,300 members and span over fifteen major games. They’ve been known to be quite charitable, too. They offer veteran support, PTSD outreach, and a lot more.

As a bonus (and to help keep everyone awake during the long 24-hour gaming session) Military Games is hosting a TeamSpeak channel for this special SOE Play It Forward - Extra Life event. The channel opens October 18, 2014 and runs until the end of the event (October 26, 2014). To get in, go to www.militarygamers.com/forums and click on the TS3 tab at the top. Alternately, in TeamSpeak, you can use the following address to gain access: teamspeak.militarygamers.com. No password will be needed to join. For more details or to ask questions, go here.

You can be a part of this great cause, too. Join our team in helping sick children get the care and resources that they need. You can also donate via our Extra Life team page. All proceeds go to helping kids in need. Together, we can show our support by doing something we all love – playing video games! This time your raid could really be saving lives! Now them’s some good feels, bro.
    • Up x 8
  2. toxs

3. Ixidron

Any General or other high rank officer confirmed their participation in the event?
  4. DatVanuMan

Amazing event, man. Can't wait to hop in.
    This IS free, right?
  5. Foxirus

I have already donated to the Childrens Miracle Network through my local Wal-Mart. I bet if you made a camo or a decal that people could buy and you give the proceeds from those decals to the CMN, You would reach that $50,000 goal easy!
    • Up x 6
  6. Crimson Flare

This is a FANTASTIC idea! I approve of it!
  7. England3942

I agree completely with your post. If SOE released some sort of limited time item, that could be a camo or decal (or even a weapon...) which could be bought with station cash, then the goal would be reached much easier.
  8. Jake the Dog

HOoah, thanks soe.
  9. Kestrain

I'm gonna be streaming this on my Twitch During the Event. I hope to sit around playing this game for 24 straight hours.

I'm gonna need more smokes....
  10. Dinapuff

Military gamers ARE reporting for duty.
    • Up x 2
  11. vanu123

Good on you guys
  12. Chubby Monkey

First post in the PS2 forums. And a great idea here! Everyone has seen the little orange and white paper balloons one can purchase at checkout from many locations in order to support CMN. A 500 or 1000 SC decal for armor or vehicles might sell well if SOE can get permission to use the logo.

This is a grand gesture and I applaud SOE for stepping up. As a SOE customer for nearly twenty years our relationship has had it's up and downs. This I am happy to say is one of the times you are doing the right thing. And before I head over to make my pledge in support, I leave you with this.

"One does not do the right thing for fear of punishment or the promise of reward. You do it because it is the right thing to do."

Thank you for making the day of this old paratrooper.

11BC23P
  13. IrishPride

Nooo never say that 'word' again i hated it! :p
  14. NoVemBer1978

Cool than military doing this.

And i say hello from belgium to all military here too.

I'm Military Firefighter @ the Belgium Air force in belgium.
  15. snail

Great event.

The Freedom Alliance Scholarship fund is another great charity for children.
  16. Jake the Dog

Lol How to easily identify people in the military: either using overly used lingos with zeal or hating said lingos XD
  17. Jake the Dog

They only want us when they're in danger. Some people only see what they want too see when the world kicks their teeth in thats when they need us. Im genuinely sorry they feel that way. Hopefully, eventually there will be no need for war and I'll find a different job. But until tyrants, despots and murderers stop there will be war.
    • Up x 3
  18. Adaptus

This is no lie, only when we're needed do we get any appreciation. Not that I look for it but its disgusting that liberal hippies hate on us when we put our lives on the line for them.
    • Up x 3
  19. siiix

probably as thanks to the US the entire region is bombed back to the stone age and there for no one there has internet access :/

i will stay away from this event.. i do not like the real life warmongers.. with out them IS would not even exist.. but yeah sure oil would be 10% more expensive, thank you for that
  20. DatVanuMan

Well, I am not really in the army, and I do have the internetz...
    As for IS, that piece of crap organization are specks of nothingness between Syria's toe nails; they can go to hell whenever they want to.
    And you should thank me for that oil... I'm 40% Lebanese, after all!:p