Might be time to merge some servers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BetaGuru, Nov 15, 2013.

1. AxisO7

The huge problem with that is that Australian prime time is the quietest time for the American servers, so we'd basically be getting a whole lot of lag for not many extra players.
  2. Badname6587

Merge servers - and remove the lattice. Lattice causes too much zerging,. Bring strategy back to the game with adequate numbers so there aren't ghost capping issues.
  3. daniel696

I play in Waterson, and after merging servers I always have high ping and lag now, so I know what I'm talking about, more respect when replying other people.
  4. Orphen223

Is this thread for real a full continent is 2k players then you have the people that are waiting in line and then you have the people that aren't online. You also have the players that aren't bothering with the alert and just playing on the other continents. Server merge I think not this game is quite alive and has a big playerbase. At least on the us servers that is. Even if there was a server merge your 30min line would jump to 2-3hrs so this thread doesn't really make sense.
  5. SerialNumber1221

just check, like i always do, the server pop before starting to play AU evenings or "prime time"...you'll see that Connery is almost always medium compared to Briggs low.

Briggs gets a little busier later at night maybe around 9-10pm because the Japanese start logging on, but a lot more Japanese play on Connery than on Briggs...

In terms of ping, i have a complete garbanzo dsl connection, the ping to Briggs is 9ms and the ping to Connery is around 180ms...it does make a difference but not a huge difference...if I was using a NBN connection in AU then there would be even less difference....

The new season games killed the Briggs population...maybe it will grow again in liht of OMFG and other content - I hope so.
  6. Shralla

7. Chipay

8. Orphen223

Ok broski 1st of all alot of people don't use steam. At least half of my friends refuse to use steam for f2p mmorpg so your numbers are already invalid because you have no idea how many people are playing outside of steam.since you don't need it and all. Secondly if your on a sever that is a Eastern server and its 3am Eastern yea its gonna be dead its 3am people work. Alot of people take the misconception that because a game has alot of players online it has a high playerbase well not quite alot of mmo's today still allow you to afk as long as you want without getting the boot. Planetsides players are all active due to their low timed afk kick. We are talking about a player base not a hours base you could have over a million players on at different intervals of the day and the graph could still look like that lol.
  9. BloodMonarch

Why do you keep mentioning low populations....the population 'wasnt' low....a continent was pop locked with another 50 queuing to get on it. You talk about not wanting to have to wait 30 minutes to play...well, in a MMOG ....sometimes you have to queue if the server you want to get on is full.
  10. Bobby Shaftoe

... and those 50 players will stop logging in if they have to 'wait' for a fight consistently.

The vast majority of gamers are fickle and also don't want to put any 'effort' into having fun, effort in this case being taking the collective decision to fight on the cont they're already on and try to get something going... but the whole point of PS2 is massive battles, no?

Why play PS2 for a fight that several games can match in population, whilst having tighter mechanics and less frustrating gameplay?

So they stop playing, then pops continue to drop a little more, now global pop imbalances directly affect the 'one fight' going on, resulting in more people leaving rather than face getting constantly zerged/outpopped. I'm almost positive they've reduced continental poplocks at least once since release and they'll probably use it as a bandaid solution again but then it simply starts the cycle again of 50 people waiting to join 'the fight'.
  11. vsae

400 ping from aussie? Are you insane? You will get full second timeout rahter than what you expect :)