@mhigby: Connery players: what do you think of the spawn setting experiment we have on right now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, May 28, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

2. Grayson

Yay faster zerg balls everywhere, less vehicle usage....MOAR infantryside #sarcasm.

(Btw dear OP, less spawnroom shield exploit pl0x...)
    • Up x 2
  3. vsae

You should be allowed to spawn everywhere on the map, only that timers for each base should be totally different and scale with distance.
    • Up x 24
  4. z1967

I didn't notice a difference, but I felt less inconvenienced so I guess it worked in that way (I was playing solo last night).
    • Up x 2
  5. zukhov

Reinforcements needed means I can instantly spawn a platoon onto any base under attack. Being able to deploy on any sunderer on the map means I can instantly deploy a platoon to any base under attack.

So, from now on any platoon leader can just wait in the warp gate, watch the map and bam deploy an army anywhere.

Doesn't make much sense to me from a game point of view. The entire spawn system needs to be looked at.
    • Up x 23
  6. kirinohana

I didn't really notice until I read this post, but yeah I guess I saw this yesterday. I suppose the intent is less logistics and more action kind of thing? If so I suppose this works.

What it does help is you to port around to make sure you get that last 20 seconds of a base cap though. Now no need to follow a zerg, when you can port around between three :). (note this is often already done by air).
  7. gigastar

Oh boy, platoons able to go wherever they want?

I wonder how long it will be before they start evading fights like they did under the old ****** hex system.
    • Up x 4
  8. UberBonisseur

I was finally good at something :(

And yeah, terrible idea.
    • Up x 2
  9. Torok

Ahem, according to a reply to Higby on twitter, there should be a mechanic for which you can only spawn on Sunderers where the population of your faction is lower than 50%

Needs verification, anyone on Connery to check it out please?

As for myself, I like the proposed changes but I've already stated my opinion on this matter on Reddit, you can check the conversation over there aswell.
    There's lot of unexpressed potential in this change guys, don't let the "Redeploying meta pushed even further" blind you, it's true that it works especially well that way but there's more to it than it meets the eyes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/26oait/higby_connery_players_what_do_you_think_of_the/
  10. UberBonisseur

I wish that potential to remain unexpressed.

The problem never was to redeploy across the map, because before all those spawn-shortcuts existed you could still spawn-hop your way to the frontline. The crux is redeploying within 15 seconds at the other side of the map.
    We wanted reinforcements needed removed, we're getting the opposite change.

And this 50% fix isn't going to achieve anything either as long as they don't fix "Squad Priority Spawn" that lets 48 players potentially redeploy on 1 and the "Population Update Delay" that gives a 15 second window for massive redeployment.

This is all without considering the fact that there has not been a step forward in the area of Logistics and Strategy aka "Metagame".
    • Up x 3
  11. Inex

It explains the random Sundies I was able to pick for spawns.

So, "Lone wolf player can actually deploy to a base attack instead of spending 2 minutes spawn hopping" I like.

I'd be mad about the idea of outfit platoons teleporting around extinguishing fights, but they were already doing that.
    • Up x 3
  12. MrJengles

Yeah.

They need a logistics revamp just as they are planning for resources.
    • Up x 2
  13. Teneth

Hm.. my first impressions are this could have some negative effect once there are large amounts of people on with people being able to switch targets so quickly. However, it does seem to keep the infantry game going a lot more. This might actually be a pretty nice change. Whenever I play straight infantry I usually deploy to a few battles and once there are no new battles to redeploy to, I get bored and log or pull a vehicle. This lets you keep finding combat fairly uninterrupted. This might actually be kinda nice..

-Teneth
  14. PhantomOfKrankor

Preparing my butt for zergs insta-ruining even more fights.
    • Up x 3
  15. Genetic

Being able to mobilize an entire faction via one infil hacking out a AMS is ********

That is all.
    • Up x 4
  16. PWGuy93

I can see the carrot dangling, give the underpop a placebo that they can put hope into.

I can also understand the reluctance to deny higher population insta vehicle spawns but would highly recommend that the two go together.
  17. Degenatron

I had a lot of fun with it. It allowed us to counter attack the next base up the lattice when a sneaky AMS driver slipped by the TR armor column and deployed on the back side of the enemy base.

If it could be modified to be "any in a 500m radius" it could allow that back and forth, but prevent cross- continent jumping.
  18. SteelMantis

Basically I like it. On the ground things seem the same so far and not having to do a boring redeploy hop across the map is nice.

I don't think just having the Infil spawning a Sundy is going to be enough to mobilize a while faction. It does open the possibility of it happening but it would still take as much work as before to convince everybody to move to that hex. And of course there is the automatic balancing factor of all other bases that faction controls being ripe for assault.

Maybe some smart outfits will find ways to abuse it, while we wait to find out lets enjoy the extra time fighting.
    • Up x 1
  19. Torok

I'm Envious now :8
  20. Darkwulf

This is a terrible idea. Takes a lot away from the game not having to move your platoon/squad to the location. Just point and click makes it more Call of Duty, and less Planetside.
    • Up x 5