Mfaa giving me performance boost.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Dec 27, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

Hi turned on mfaa on my nvidia card and went gpu bound but have higher fps and average fps. Plus the game looks much less pixelated.

Am I seeing this right? And if this is right am I missing any other cool settings?

I am running a 980ti ftw.
  2. Skiptrace

It's kinda a no-brainer that MFAA is going to make the game run better and smoother. It's another AA improvement, that is limited to Nvidia tech. And, the game runs on the PhysX engine for it's physics calculations, which means that Nvidia Hardware can run it better than AMD hardware. So, Nvidia > AMD always for Planetside 2, and any other PhysX game.
  3. MikeyGeeMan

So would it be advisable to send the physx stuff to the gpu or cpu?

980ti ftw vs 980x Intel 4.1 6 core
  4. MikeyGeeMan

Nvm. Ps2 always goes to cpu physx
  5. Pfundi

Just curious, do you want to use 120Hz or 144Hz or do you really have problems getting 60FPS with a 980ti?
  6. MikeyGeeMan

My monitor is 60 htz. Can't get more than that at that resolution. I'm using. 34" lg curve. When I say 60. I mean a solid 60 like it might drop to 50 in a big fight for a second.

And the more I dig the more I find. So the vertical fov for 90 degrees with my Rez is 46. Odd but looks nice.

I was also getting slight tearing and set vertical sync and it all went away.

This games settings are strange totally opposite of what you would think.
    • Up x 1
  7. Gundem

Would one be able to activate MFAA on a GTX 660? And if so, how so?
  8. user101

I think it only works on the GTX900 series, I tried it and it has a very interesting effect on the moss and revier shooting bullets .... you get a much bigger ring of fire you can see. Some explosions are really something to see. Not as good as PhysX but not bad either. If you can try it I would recomend it.
    • Up x 1
  9. toast2250

Wow nice!
    Newer bothered with this, or really knew about it. :eek:

For 90° mine is,
    FullscreenWidth=1600
    FullscreenHeight=900
    VerticalFOV=59
    http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php
    [IMG]

My potato gpu does not have mfaa. :confused: