Merge Cobalt with Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 0Supermaster0, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Kristan

I have never seen more than two continents unlocked even when they are poplocked.

Excuse me, what? Full continents are the reason of stable online and I see no contradiction in this.

The reason behind population drop is removing the continent locking in order to contain population of both servers, which would require all four continents unlocked. People fought for this idea since Beta to let it just get thrown away. People who invested in bases, people who invested in spec-ops outfits and squads, they'll all leave as soon as continent locking will be removed.

And you sound pretty bitter or don't want to see my reasons. All I see now that your argument behind is larger population. I don't want larger population because I find current gameplay fine as it is right now and additional population might seriously hurt current state of game and balance.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Good point - They'd have to do something about the max pop and faction balance queueing system, like adjusting the trigger points maybe?

Another good point - how about making VS fearsome instead of wussy to look at (think Borg) with meaty, fearsome sounding guns that can switch damage modes at the expense of expending more or less ammo
  3. Kristan

Not sure if servers are programmed to be able to operate such amount of players on the continents without issues. Also 96+ vs 96+ fights all over the front line sounds like pure mess to me. There was already too many people complaining about zergfests.
  4. Zuprize

There was a couple of times where all 4 continents were unlocked and even if one was locked cause VP were achived the continent would stay open, I don't think they changed that, the server would need high pop online for it to happen. I think it was with the 2x xp bonus that lasted 2 weeks, game was pretty full on weekends.

I don't agree with merging cobalt with Miller cause when ever I play on my alt on cobalt it just gives a different feel from one another and the pop quantity isn't bad for either.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Ah yes, I edited my post while you were making that point - just adjusting the trigger points for a lock or something?
  6. BartasRS

Meanwhile imbalance threshold is lowered to 10% (from 15%) in today's patch. Time to explore every nook and cranny of VR NC/TR :D
  7. Deffington

We don't need large fights on every facility at the same time. It would only make sense to bring them together during late night and morning. Which is something they wouldn't put any time into, so...
  8. Mike@Squad

I'm a new player that plays on Miller and i have to say most of the time server feels empty and the only player's you get to meet are all elite end game stuff with all unlocks, so merging Miller with Cobalt is a good idea cause game doe's not feel like an mmo but more like a battlefield multiplayer game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Gutseen

u pplz say bout lagwizards, but the thing is that russians have overall higher and better internet connection (leik i an download a 58 gig game in 20-30 mins)
    so its not them lagging, but your connection to the server is a tad slower
  10. Liewec123

i'd welcome a merge, the more the merrier, i think we're approaching merge pop levels tbh.
  11. Mike@Squad

so after playing this game for 3 days i decide to discontinue playing cause of the low population on the server and anyone left playing i think is rather noob like me or high tier end of game class with all unlocks witch makes the game impossible for new players, sorry to say it would of been a nice game if you just added subs instead of being p2win game. so farewell ps2
  12. FLHuk

Shame, we desperately need new blood.

If, as you say, pop was your main reason you might have tried out more things. Not assuming you didn't but you did not mention.

Flying, making small squads, joining small squads, tanking, infiltrator work. All of which can be done with limited resources to find areas you like and enjoy. These can be padded out in time with certs gained.

----
    We're only really limited by our ability to think out the issues before us. Rather than just "I must CQB every fight!"

Can't beat the guy solo capping cuz he has max resist / godsaw etc, viper his ***, snipe his ***, run him over, fly a vanilla,esf,gal,lib into him. If you're not worried about KD, as you shouldn't. Keep going for him, learn from each death ;)

And talk to him, make it fun, ask advice from him. Change to his faction and teamwork with him!

----
    Post the server you're on, the time zone, etc

If it's early GMT on Cobad you can gun for me, pick the faction :)
  13. Lord_Mogul

I guess the actual issue might be the time of day you pled.

The servers are fairly well populated in the afternoon and evening.
    As a Milelr player I can say i' had no day in the last couple months were didn't ahd atleast two 96+ vs 96+ fights plus additional smaller fights at all time. On both open continents.
    Best time to play if you want to have big battles and high pop would be after 3 pm until around 2 am with the high peak around 7-10 pm. At night most people tend to sleep and in the morning most of them are either at work or school.
    This is Miller: http://www.therebelscum.net/world-p...&zoom=4&daterange=1490545200000,1493223600000
    This is Cobalt: http://www.therebelscum.net/world-p...&zoom=4&daterange=1490545200000,1493223600000

Adn of all the f2p games I'Ve played so far (which are quite alot) there have been few that that less of p2w than PS2.
    You can get all the unlocks (except for purrely cosmetic stuff) for in-game currrency, which is fairly easy to collect by now. (like getting 100 certs for free per rank up over the first 15 levels, ribbons, directives, etc)
    The starrting gear is fairly balanced, basically all other weapons are sidegrades.

In the end it all depends on personal preference of playstyle, but I'd suggest giving it another try at a time when the pop is high.
    • Up x 1