Merc is awesome

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Batisat, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Batisat

I've been mainly running the Cyclone with x1 reflex, extended mags, sliencer, and soft point ever since I bought it, it was my go-to gun for any close to mid range fights

(I know mid range is where it's not as good, but I still get kills with it )

Then I looked at all the other guns that I have yet to use and I remembered the good old Merc,
    I slapped a laser sight and a x2 sight on it and suddenly it was awesome, I could kill people at close range as easily as I could at mid range.

If you haven't touched the merc in a long time, do get the x2 sight and laser. It's awesome.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kronic

All the default carbines are great. I personally use a foregrip and 1x reflex on all of them.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

Isn't the cyclone just worse merc with more accurate hip-fire?
  4. Kyouki

That's how you are supposed to run every non-sniping/sustain fire carbine.
  5. Nakar

It is actually better than the Merc within 6m, and better to about 12-15m with SPA. It shoots faster. The Mercenary destroys the Cyclone past that range however.
  6. Batisat

I would think of it like a cqc merc.
    • Up x 1
  7. lilleAllan

The merc is great - I've also returned to it a little time ago - 15 kills to auraxium. It's super versatile and works very well at mid range. While a lot of players only run CQC weapons on their LAs, the Merc lets you reach out and kill players quickly even though they're a good distance away while still being decent at close range.

The Gauss Rifle is the Merc+. Better recoil pattern, insane bullet velocity, less damage drop off. It's just a straight upgrade.
    That thing is one of my favorite weapons in the game.
  8. Mastachief

It's no trac5
  9. lilleAllan

Just got auraxium on this thing. Also have it on the GD-7F.
    I find the AC-X11 worthless, so next up will probably be Razor, even though it looks like a modified a merc with slightly better performance at range.
  10. TeknoBug

Merc is a nice gun but man I love the Rzzor GD-23, used to caress the AC-X11 until the GU4ish changes.
  11. phreec

As an avid fan of the NC1 Gauss Rifle the Mercenary is the obvious choice for my LA and Eng.

Unless you insist on being a noobtuber then the Merc and GD-7F are the only guns you'll ever need for your NC character. The Merc (irons/grip) is the best med-long range alternative (better than the Razor and without the downside of even lower RoF at CQC) and the GD-7F (adv laser/IRNV) melts faces in CQC.
    • Up x 1
  12. Karandor

The AC-X11 is an awesome gun. It's just very different from the other carbines. I use a 3.4X scope and a silencer and go from spot to spot picking the enemy to pieces. If you can't handle aiming at ranges where bullet drop is an issue you will have problems getting the most out of it. In CQC you aim for the head. The number of enemy LAs I kill at a range where they can barely even hit me greatly outnumbers the times I get beat in CQC.
  13. lilleAllan

Killing at range is basically my favorite thing to do, but I like the advantages of the Razor. Takes one more shot to kill, but has 10 more rounds in the mag, faster reload and significantly better bullet velocity. Of course it's a matter of preference and I'll still buy the AC-X11 when I get auraxium on the Razor.
  14. Leivve

The TR's Lynx with adv. laser-sight is the most powerful non shotgun weapon for close range; honestly it can or at the least comes very close to out damaging semi auto shotguns. The Jaguar trades some of that close range power for some medium range.

So I see your Merc and raise you a LC3.