[BUG] Mending Field Implant Malfunction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naskoni, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Naskoni

As per title, something isn't quite right with this implant. Decided to take the plunge and crafted it yesterday. Got it immediately to rank 5 so no idea if the lower ranks function properly but at rank 5 that thing is unreliable at best.

For starters I got experience from its healing precisely once even if I "tested" it on gravely injured teammates and did see it working on several occasions.

I'm not sure whether the healing effect from the shield generator and me are supposed to stack but at least on me it seems they do stack. No idea whether they stack on others since I couldn't reliably even see others being healed in the middle of a battle.

I have the unpleasant feeling that the Mending Field healing effect is interfering my "manual" healing from my medic tool as in the healing indicator on screen is interrupted mid-healing. Not sure about this one.

All in all the implant needs some testing as something is not functioning properly.
    • Up x 3
  2. adamts01

It would be nice to see some testing done on it. I have been healed by medics running by with it and also while near their deployable. So it does work. How reliably and whether it stacks would be great to know. It would also be nice if they just removed the healing cap on rank 5. It wouldn't be OP even if it fully healed an ally with carapace.
  3. Naskoni

One more observation - it seems that healing somebody with the standard medic tool and who at the same time is under the effect of Mending Field (in my case rank 5) and who is under the Mending Field healing threshold of 60% health (300hp) leads to (at least visually) of all healing being cancelled once he does reach the implant threshold, at which point the game, correctly so, will switch off the Mending Field healing on him, but will also cancel the medic tool healing, which is hardly desired. Basically if I start healing somebody at below 300hp my medic tool will get automatically switched off once 300hp is reached.

In my opinion that is 100% reproducible, at least based on my experience from the last couple of hours.
  4. Asic

I am disappointed with this implant.
    a) there is no visual indication on players being affected (it should really be healing glow) - you can only see their health bar go up ever so slightly.
    b) it yields no experience - despite, you know, healing people.
    • Up x 1
  5. Devil 2 U

Can this stack with an active/energized Combat Surgeon implant and thus grant a 45% resistance to small arms fire?

I've tried it out, but cant really tell.
  6. Naskoni

Good to see that 8 months later nobody at DBG could be bothered to fix this implant...
  7. DemonicTreerat

And I wasted all that ISO getting it to rank 4 hoping to finally have something to keep more people alive instead of it being easier to let them die then revive them.
  8. I'm so dead

I never had mending field malfunction for me. It works as intended. It saved my **** multiple times. Yes, I could go combat surgeon but I like to be unique medic.

However I do wish it recover like 5 shield and 10 health with no restrictions on it. While level 5 doubles recovering if user is below 300 health.

Of course that is me.