Members: Update on missing bonus certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Killuminati C

Appreciate the update on this :). I can't imagine how tough it's gonna be to track down who missed out on certs and when cause on my different alts it seems pretty random which one gets membership certs on any given day versus the non member 12.
  2. biterwylie

I am sure they will refund the certs once the problem itself has been sorted. If tracking what was given is too difficult they will I suspect just refund the full amount. They dont normally mess around with this kind of thing.
  3. JonboyX

Going to be tricky surely especially for those of us whose membership has lapsed halfway through!?
    • Up x 1
  4. starecrow

Since the patch, I got my regular 48 on all my characters. Since they added tracking/logging in the same patch, it seems unlikely I'll be reimbursed for the missing certs :(
  5. WyrdHarper

Any update on our missing repair ribbons (and their certs)?
    Some of us have lost way more than 48 certs/day over this.
    • Up x 2
  6. Keiichi25

You do realize the logic is not simple...

First off, look at how membership is done:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/planetside-2-memberships.47099/

Depending on WHERE you are at on the subscription, IE, how loyal you have been on it, the membership bonus will be different. Those going for a monthly basis and just started will not get 48 certs, they will get less than that until they reach a 6+ month subscription level. And even then, the calculation is not even that. At 23.5 hours, at full membership, the cert is 47, not 48 if you reconnect before 24 hours. Which means that for those reconnecting before 24 hours, like 22 or 23, the calculation is NOT 12 or 48... It is something different, again, based on when a person reconnects for their certs for that particular character.
  7. Xasapis

It's not just the membership bonus that is missing. It seems that the exp bonus granted by being a premium member is also not getting properly accounted for (the only thing that seems to be consistently working is the boost).
  8. BoomBoom4You

It was meant to be illustrative. It's not complicated, someone with a middle school understanding of algebra could easily code this. Why it hasn't been fixed yet is beyond me.
  9. andy_m

Any more official response to this then?

My full passive Cert award appears to have settled down now across all three of my characters, but I am not getting any ribbons for repairing stuff.

I have also stopped receiving my 500SC per month too...

Edit: I should have checked my account first... it appears I have been getting my SC and my next one is on 6th Feb (just seems so long since the last SC was added :rolleyes:)
  10. biterwylie

My SC is due on the 8th Feb and my 6 months subscription roles over on the 11th. I think I am going to cancel. Had enough of this 2nd class treatment.

In Europe we had no sales items for a couple of weeks, we have no Player Studio (despite it being rubbed in our faces) and now this..

You might want to try Insurgency if you also get fed up. The Rocket launchers behave like rocket launchers rather than tennis ball launchers, and get this.... Grenades explode and kill people :eek: Crazy huh lol.
  11. Keiichi25

Yes. Anyone with basic algebra understanding could make this.

Now tell me this... With just basic algebra, can you tell me, where in the bible, without looking it up, the 10 commandments. Not just the the Book Exodus, but Chapter and Verses, exactly. Without looking it up on the internet.

Cause, believe it or not, coding is much like going through a large book. While you know there is the code in question, the code also relies on dependencies. So it is no longer just a 'simple' calculation as you like to think it is, it also relies on where in the code a flag is tripped or reset by accident. Especially if you are using a calculation that depends on a couple of variables where one may inadvertantly be set incorrectly.

There are things in the game I can see bugs in, but can't eludiate more than stating, "Hey, I am on my VS character, however on bases we own, instead of the standard Square Brackets showing on the points we control, I see the Diamond ones, like they were enemy captured points." Beyond the simple fact I may have played in one session as a TR or NC prior to flipping over to a VS character on another server.

So tell me, where in the code do you find what caused this bug?

If you can't tell us, then the problem isn't exactly as "simple" as you like to make it out to be or the solution is 'easy'.

So again... Not being a fanboy and telling you to lay off them, but don't be foolish in believing the answer is as 'easy' as you make it out to be if you don't know how they coded it and know what is involved.
    • Up x 3
  12. StayFrostyGents

over 2000 passive certs lost. My membership ran out. I'm expecting 2000 certs on each of my characters as a minimum for renewing my membership.
  13. StayFrostyGents

It was working fine and now it is not. They changed something and now that something has cost me the product i was paying for.
  14. redmamba

I'm also missing station cash for this month :(
  15. Scatterblak

I had missing station cash several times when I had a paid subscription before (it's paid now, but I went for many months without because of the station cash issue). I put a ticket in, and was told that they had awarded all of my station cash.

SOE: managing thousands of accounts, all different, all with varying cash amounts and details.
    Me: Managing one account.

...I never got all of my station cash. Get used to it - they didn't build the game (PS2 is a FreeRealms Mod), and math isn't their strong point.
  16. redmamba

I don't have to get use to it. It's my last month of subscription :D
    I enjoy more CoD ghosts lately than jokeside2
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

Adding contribution points to the list now! :D
    • Up x 1
  18. biterwylie

I have had multiple months when the station cash for prem subcription is not awarded :mad: It is sad really. You offset the cost of your membership against it, yet many time nothing.

I expect there are 1000's of account in the same boat but SOE only fixes those that say something... Profit!
  19. biterwylie

Yes. Also another month in which I did not recieve the 500SC.
  20. MrMegaton

I still haven't received any reimbursement for all the offline certs I did not receive when I logged in daily. I also haven't received my station cash for the month.