Members now receive a 25% discount on SC purchases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kite Carling, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Kite Carling

It's all in the title folks, this really is just a PSA.

Mind you, why don't SOE ever announce these things though? What are the tactics behind hiding your special offers? I'm still confused over why they advertised the Alpha Squad deal as 10% extra xp and resources, and then upped it to 50% extra later (I appreciated it, but still...)

Now, I'm no marketing guru, but won't you shift more product if you let your prospective customers know how good a deal is...erm...before the expiration of that deal?

*Shrugs* Anyway, hugs 'n happiness guys :)
    • Up x 2
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

Sauce?
    (Not that I doubt you, I'm just curious)
  3. Kite Carling

Well, the in-game store. You can check for yourself. Or are you browsing forums at work Mr Rhino? ;)
  4. Zotamedu

Sounds reasonable. Members are a better source for revenue for Sony so it makes sense that they get some benefits. The SC they get has always been a bit low and this is a neat way to solve it since SC can be used across many games. So just a flat increase is a bit complicated. There's also the much better psychological effect of everybody seeing the lower price for the members at all time which can lure people in. Members keep the game alive, they deserve some extra love.
  5. WyrdHarper

This is not a new thing.
  6. Kite Carling

Hey, as a member I certainly appreciate it, I just can't figure out why they don't announce it. Market it. Sell it.

It's weird - why hide these benefits. Someone must have a job in sales and be willing to explain this stuff.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nexus545

Must be part of the double XP weekend.
  8. MrShooter

Yeah, I was confused as hell when I looked at the depot today

"Everything's 25% off? Why? For how long? Noting in the depot main screen about it, better check the forums...

Hmm, nothing in news and announcements
    nothing in SoE post tracker
    nothing on twitter
    nothing on reddit
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"

Seriously, wtf? Is this a permanent upgrade to membership? Is this a one day promotion that they forgot to announce? Is this a bug?
    I NEED CLOSURE
    • Up x 1
  9. GTGD

Same, can anyone confirm this?
  10. MarkAntony

Does SOE even have a marketing department? Because if they do then they need to wake the hell up.
  11. jiggu

Saw it last night, thought it was a bug.