"Meltdown" as now designed will NOT work

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by ParakeetLord88, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ParakeetLord88

Double-teaming is a thing, as was predicted, when the alert starts. This game isn't capable of handling a 2v1 war even when populations are even, which they almost never are.

If you want anything like the "Meltdown" to work, you MUST give the alert-triggering faction some serious extra advantages. Exactly what I am not sure yet and I would like some input.

Also, to avoid 4th factioners just logging into the triggering team, you need to bar alert rewards for TWO hours, meaning the entire hour of the alert AND the hour prior to it. That way people can't just jump over when the alert starts.
  2. Whiteagle

I don't mind the double teaming, but why in the Higby did they do this test WITHOUT Population Limiters in place to begin with?

Also, what are the Territory Control Percentages to trigger and win Meltdown anyways?
    The Devs had to outright trigger it during this Playtest, and I don't think the TR had enough at the beginning to actually win...
    • Up x 1
  3. JobiWan

I played for about 90 minutes but TR were clearly being double teamed and many were leaving. After about my 15th death to a gank squad of scythes I quit.

I was bored for a lot of it, if that's how alerts are going to be then it's not going to be fun to play for many.
  4. Whiteagle

Yeah, this playtest wasn't all that well conducted in my opinion...
    VS had the clear population advantage the entire time, but when the Devs impatiently announced they were going to trigger the Alert for whoever had the most Territory, I think they stopped bothering to push in order to shift the focus onto the TR.

As an aside, I still question why Howling Pass is directly connected to Mao Watchtower.
    I know the reasoning was to keep Mao Tech Plant from being a roadblock, but I would think the link between the Southwest Gate and the Watchtower would suffice.
    As it is, the Vanu usually just bypass Mao proper all together, going for a land-grab around that corner of the Map...
  5. AuraBliss

I don't know I also thought this would be included in the pts.. The fact that they had to activate it makes me kinda cringe at what it will actually take to trigger it.
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

There should be another playtest coming up later this week (or possibly early next week) with population controls in place. If you get the chance to participate again and see how the second playtest compares to the first, it would be much appreciated!

Regardless, thank you all for the feedback in the meantime - it's definitely something to be taken into consideration.