Melee complaint.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Chewy102

Knives get a headshot modifier. At least the activate-able ones do in order to deal more or less double damage on top of the double damage turning them on gives. Takes 40 melee attacks to kill a stock MAX. 20 with a new active knife. And 10 for an active knife with headshots.

Why the hell can't MAXes get headshot perks for punching someone in the face? 2 in the chest 1 in the head!
  2. Hatesphere

Max punches should be a bit slower and just one shot infantry by crushing their ribs into their lungs.
    • Up x 4
  3. Regpuppy

They're saving that for when we get max melee weapons in the store. ;P
    • Up x 3
  4. z1967

They can get headshots because they are equippable weapons. You can't get headshots with quickstab, but you can with the default knife. Also, if you get knifed to death as a MAX lol.
  5. Chewy102

To strong. Iv taken a steel beam to the chest and suffered no damage past a bruise. Add armor and I wouldn't have even that. But take a hit to the head? You gonna be dead from brain trauma alone and no helm will stop that.
  6. LordDethir

Thought this was a nerf new knives thread :(
  7. Klypto

Or crushing their skulls

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  8. Desann

I notice alot of detail went into the right-center of that image...
    • Up x 7
  9. Iridar51

Knives get a 1.5x headshot multiplier...
    At least check before complaining, ffs.
    • Up x 2
  10. Bixli

..pls not, soe fix this!
  11. Chewy102

Better than nothing. You'd be able to kill a wounded player better if you happen to run out of ammo or they start clipping into you to plant mines or something.

In VR at least I can get headshots with equipped knives or quick-knife. MAXes don't even get the "HEADSHOT" pop up. And it is a personal goal of mine to kill a MAX with a knife, almost did it today after dumping my main weapon and sidearm on one but miss-judged the range for melee :{

Damage multiplier or no. A MAX should at least get the pop up for punching someone in the face. Lets me know I have more teeth for my collection.
  12. Iridar51

1. Because MAX clearly needs more power against infantry.
    /sarcasm

If you often find yourself without ammo and no engineer around, it means that you're too survivable and your HP and HP regen needs to be nerfed, not your melee buffed so you can continue killing infantry into oblivion.

2. As far as I have heard, MAX melee update is in the works.
  13. Takoita

You know what MAXes need? They need to be able to whip out their fists in the same way we do with knives. The animation should be the guns partially sliding back out of view and the MAX cracking their knuckles in preparation for some good ol' fisticuffs.

NC MAX can do something like the Cherno fist slam to offset their (relative) lack of articulated hands. VS... maybe they should have an electric current erupt in between their guns and electrocute hug-happy fools to death?
  14. Chewy102

I main NC. 100% running out of ammo takes like 5 minutes and that it being kind. By out of ammo I mean reloading normally where you are just short enough to kill or get a one hit melee kill. MAXes are so slow that you often don't get a 2nd chance to smack a fool and trying makes a long reload that much longer.

Wont work for VS MAXes. They hold all their weapons like a pistol instead of attached to the forearms like TR and NC MAXes. TR and NC MAXes can do fisticuffs easy enough without model work and would just need animations but VS MAXes would need model work to do something with their weapons to open up the fists. Maybe the VS MAX can just put their weapons in an infinite pocket or something where infantry put their weapons.

Then you'd just need to pick how a MAX would punch and what stance they'd have to show they couldn't use their main weapons. I'd favor a haymaker. Maybe make use of the heatsinks on a MAXes back. Have the MAXes lower its arms and its heatsink start to glow like mad and make noise. Think of this

Skip to 10:06 if the link didn't do it. And be warned of bad B movie voice acting.