Medics TKing to get rezzes

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Eshaede, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Polarity

First I never complained or blamed anyone. I was merely playing devil's advocate and attempting to explain their viewpoint as I tried to point out in my post that you quoted. I don't blame anyone when I lose rez XP, and I don't really care if I do either. Secondly, I'm not sure if you've ever played, for example, in a tech plant as a medic with a level 4+ medical applicator for a long period of time. There is just not enough time to sit there by one person and "hold the button", as you say, until he is back up. Most of the time I'm rushing back and forth and as soon as the circle fills up I'm on to the next person to get them on their feet.

Am I doing it for the XP? No, I'm doing it for my team. I'm getting them back up so we have more bodies pushing towards the cap. I don't have the time(or the health to be honest, medics are constantly being shot at) to sit there and make sure that guy gets up, and frankly I don't care if I lose the XP from it because someone else overwrote it. Fair enough that other guy got the last rez, so give him the XP, that's fine. But, as I stated above, what I do care about is reviving my teammates and getting them back into the fight. I can resurrect literally 4 people before a medic with a lvl 1 applicator gets 1 person revived and heals them back to full health while "keeping the beam on him" like you say to ensure that he is the one who receives the credit.

The point I believe posters above are trying to make is that it's not the xp loss, but the fact that they are hurting the people being revived when you overwrite a level 5 or 6 that has already moved on to revive others. For all I care they can have the XP for being the last medic to have sent out a revive to the downed player. However, they still should be revived with the health from my applicator, or whatever was the highest applicator used on that downed player, not a level 1 that causes them to return with just a sliver of health. It's too hectic with bullets and grenades flying around, 4-5 dead bodies nearby with more dropping every second, and people constantly calling for a medic, to just sit there and babysit the guy I already completed a revive on until he actually sits up, solely to ensure he receives 100% health rather than 25%. I get killed far too many times attempting that, and it's just safer to move on to another and begin reviving them, but that's where this whole issue comes in.

The whole reason people who mainly play Medic, rush to get rank 6 med applicator is that it revives very quickly and puts the downed player immediately to full health. Medics can focus on reviving more players at a far superior pace, rather than having to look for the guys that just got up and heal them right after the revive. As a medic I try to get as many people revived as quickly as I can, and it's just frustrating when I see someone I just used my revive on seconds ago, get up with 25% health because another medic used theirs after mine, only to see that player get shot a couple times and fall right back down. That's the real issue here, not losing some XP.
    • Up x 1
  2. Infinity24k

I don´t play medic myself quite often. I actually just do it when I´m standing in front of a terminal and my healthbar is low so I quickly switch to medic and press F to heal me and everyone arround then quickly switch back and get into fight.
    But as I read this there are a few things that came to my mind:
    1) If medics kill other medics in order to reserve the potential XP in form of reviving the dead, you should immidiately type /report <playername> without any hesitation as this is unhonourable behaviour. I personally think that this is the case in ~5% of every revive.
    2) If medics with a high level applicator revive and run by they will get out of the scene pretty fast, so when the dead body still keeps lying on the floor for lets say 5 seconds you are not close to them anymore. Now, when another medic gets to the scene and sees the dead body he will defenitely revive them (either for the XP or his or team or whatsoever, but he will highly probably do it). He looks around and can´t see that there already was a medic who revived that guy already since the medic is already a few yards away.
    I think this is the case in ~95% of the time. People simply see a dead person and will instinctly revive it, they couldn´t see that there was another medic before themselves if the dead doesn´t accept the first revive within a few seconds.
  3. }{ellKnight

Don't people change their position/animation if they got a revive pending? If you see the dude on the floor with his head up then don't revive. OR is that only client side?
  4. Jac70

I'm a fully certed medic - I should be able to see a guy attempting a rezz with his level 1 MedApp, slap him in the face and say '***** please' - then commence to get that troop on his feet and fully healed.
    • Up x 1
  5. IshanDeston

I have. As part of the Zerg as well as in a coordinated Platoon. I never had anyone stolen from me, because i don't abandon my rezzes. My upgraded Meditool enables me to rezz much more people in a much shorter time, but i don't abandon them. If i can't stay in the location long enough to revive them, then its not save to revive them in that location in the first place.

Know what annoys me more than being revive with 25% HP? Being revived infront of the enemy and being killed before i have a full bearing of my location, because the enemy just waited for me to get up.

And mind you my char is up before my client realizes it. I am sure you've seen it with your rezzes and the enemies. When they get up and then stand still for a second or two, before they scramble to get away.

When i am Infiltrator, thats exactly what i am looking for to snipe. A medic that is rezzing people. Just wait for them to get up. Easy kills and most effective griefing. If you want to really, really grief someone, just keep killing him every time he gets a rezz. And then send the Medic that kept rezzing him a tell about how thankful you are for his cooperation.

Anyway: If you can't stay at the spot to rezz a person to the end, you shouldn't be rezzing them there.

At which point he shouldn't have been rezzed in that position in the first place. As Medic you also have the responsibility not to feed te Enemy with exp. Reviving as many people as possible? Yes. Reviving them infront of the enemy? No.

Full health doesn't help much, when you revive them infront of the enemy. Most of the players need a moment to orientate themselves. Yes full health does help, but it isn't a substitude for rezzing at a save location.

And don't get me wrong. I am exp whoring myself and my lvl 5 (soon 6) Medi Tool in the Zerg at times. At which point i am running around and disregard what i just said and just rezz people. Why? Because its the Zerg and noone gives a damn anyway. Your not in the Zerg if you are not in it for cheap and dirty exp. And at that point: If you abandon your Rez and don't wait for them to get up, its anyones fair game.

So he got shot? Well revive him.
    • Up x 1
  6. Raigir

^this, team damage rewards no xp for being healed, and team kills reward no xp for being revived.
    Sounds more like your just seeing griefers.
  7. Eshaede

erm thats already been explained as being not-what-this-is-about on the other page ;)
  8. Raigir

Your right, I re-read. While it isn't what I was refering to, it is still just straight up griefing. I would report them because intentional griefing is punishable with repeat offence.
  9. Faction

The "you have4 been revived box' needs to tell you what level of health you will be coming back at. Also it would be nice for the victim to get a message that they are being revived while its in proccess
    • Up x 1
  10. Pax Empyrean

This is just stupid. You shouldn't have to camp on a single body to keep the idiots on your team from stealing the rez. What if there are multiple people down? Do you have to just rez one and then squat on it? What if you do your job and rez everybody, but the idiot is overriding them as you go? Do you follow up by overriding his overrides after you get everybody up, with the two of you rezzing three people over and over until random chance gives one of you the XP when they finally decide to get up? Does that not seem like a stupid mechanic to you?

If revive overrides are going to be in the game, they should only be possible with a higher level healing tool than the person who originally tried to revive someone. That way they get up off the ground with the most health possible.
  11. Marinealver

Reject revive request in spawnrooms
  12. IshanDeston

Then they are rezzed by him and i flick on my level 5 heal aura. (i do that anyway). They are rezzed, doesn't matter who does it now, does it?

Oh wait.. you are about him stealing your exp, right? So it doesn't matter how many you rezz, because its about the Exp for you? Well then i suggest using a revive granade or "squatting" over someone.

And mind you, i never have to "squad" more than 2 or 3 seconds. Know why? Because those around you either expect a rez from all the medics in their vacinity or they know you are there and trust in their teammember, when we talk about squadmates.

There is no "squatting" it takes me 1-5 seconds longer to rezz someone, if i want to make sure i get the rezz. And if they don't accept it right away? So what? Then i am moving on. If someone else rezzes them, it doesn't matter to me. As long as they are up and fighting.

I don't rezz one and the same person over and over again "until someone gets the rezz" and do you want to know why? Because i pay attention to what is happening left and right and i don't override their rezz, even if they override mine (and i decided to abandon it). If i abandon my rezz i had a reason to do so. Those reasons include:

1) Guy didn't accept right away and i had something better to do
    2) There were enemies nearby and it became to dangerous to stay
    3) I died

Not at all, sorry. To me it seems like a great mechanic. You can decide if you want that exp or if you just want to have him revived. If you just want him up on their feet, you can rez and move on, if you want to make sure they are up on their feet with your healgun, you stick with them.

The mechanic seems fair to me. People that care for their rezzes are rewarded by being able to lock down the rezz. People that don't care for it, for whatever reasons (Maybe because they want all the jucy exp), are unable to hog all the rezzes and keep newbies from getting some rez exp.

So you have the highlevels stealing all the exp from the low levels? Yeah, no thanks. I don't want to play that kind of game. I know those games, where newbies have no chance against the highlevel players and always have to take the backseat.

The mechanic as it is, is fair to everyone involved. It doesn't favor anyone, people don't get told what % they get as rezz, so they don't just decline the 25% ones and give Newbies no chance. Old guys with their quick and powerful rezz tools can't override the newbies and outrezz everyone, unless they actually abandon the rezzed guys, that way the newbies can still get a rezz in.

The old guys already have an advantage in speed and range. They can start the rezz from father away, they can run bigger circles around the corpse, they will be much faster done and people, in theory, already notice that if they already have a rezz screen a second after the menu has finished loading they most likely will get a powerful rezz.
  13. Pax Empyrean

No, idiot, it does matter. The guy who gets up at 100% is far more likely to get back into cover than the guy who gets up at 25% with a heal aura running. I often run my heal aura anyway if I expect my patients to be taking fire when they get up.

You're stupid. I'm not happy about the XP loss or the harm these idiots are doing to the team.

Having a lower-level medic come along and override hurts the team and deprives the deserving player of their reward.

That is not a reward. That's wasting extra time to get something that you would have gotten anyway if overriding a rez with a lower level tool were impossible, like it ought to be. Imagine if pay day came around and you were made known that you had to wait an hour to get paid, for no reason. And if you didn't have an hour to sit around, you wouldn't get paid. "Well this is fair, because if you want to get paid then you can wait and be rewarded for that, and if you don't care then you don't have to wait." It's stupid. When you've filled the rez gauge for someone, your job is done. You've earned your reward. I think you ought to get XP for it whether they accept the rez or not, but that's another issue.

A newbie could rez someone that hasn't been rezzed already. If two bodies hit the floor, each Medic can get one. Instead, we have this stupid system where the medic who wastes the most time can take the XP from the other medic, and hurt the team in the process.

You're not "stealing XP" if you get to it first. It's rezzing someone who has already been rezzed by someone else that is the problem. I wouldn't mind awarding XP to both medics if a higher level tool were used to override a lower level tool.

Nope, instead they just decline at random because they suspect there's a lazy Medic around.

Spare me your stupid bleeding heart sob story. They're hurting the team and getting rewarded for it, and if they actually cared to do their job properly, it takes fewer certs to max out their healing tool than it takes to unlock the expensive weapons. The only people using level 1 healing tools are the ones who don't actually want people to survive the rez, or people who have been playing the game for ten minutes or less. Guess which group most of these a-hole Medics fall into?
  14. Brandmon

Doesn't team damage annul any XP? I am sure about it with repairs, not sure about healing though.

Otherwise I see one main problem with the game: it is a grind so people are playing medic/engineer to farm XP. No killing, no covering, no teamwork, no nothing. Just dropping boxes and pointing nanite-guns at things to gather XP. When teamwork is only done for the sake of XP, then teamwork just loses its propose and value. XP should be the side rewards, not the direct incentive.
  15. Aghar30

friendly fire of any kind annuls healing and rez exp.
  16. Aghar30

if someone is playing those classes just to farm xp they are going to be terrible at it anyway and end up dead more often than alive. I play medic and engineer to support my team (hell im usually platoon leader as well so my head is stuck in the map more often than not) If you took away or reduced the amount of xp engies and medic's get with heals/repairs/rez they would just switch to either HA or Infiltraitor to farm kills that way. Still not doing anything to help the team.
  17. Brandmon

Yet those guys still get a high amount of XP despite their poor KDR; at least certainly a few factors more than other equally or arguably more useful roles such as piloting transports, ground AA and so on. The game should reward all roles equally so people will focus on playing what they like, not on what is most rewarding. Then the magnitude of the reward should only depend on how much it is needed: the fewer the friendly medics, the more you could potentially get out of being a medic The fewer the friendly AA, the more XP you should get out of deterring or destroying air targets.
  18. IshanDeston

Running out of arguments to cover your desire for exp whoring, are we?

And i don't know anyone that actually did that and didn't use money for it. And what kind of argument is that anyway?

Because obviously you get 500+ certs in 10 minutes. Cool story bro. Why don't you just admit that its just about the Exp for you?
  19. IshanDeston

And you want noone else to ever be able to rezz people, even though you don't care about them, because if you would, you'd actually use the mechanic in place to lock your rez and ensure they get the rez you so desperately want them to have.
    See thats the point. You "run" into gunfire. I am telling you: Thats irresponsible to rezz people there. Its annoying as hell to be rezzed infront of the enemys guns and 100% health doesn't change it or make you survive that situation.

As i said. if you can't stay there to finish that rezz, you shouldn't be rezzing there. Your just griefing people for your exp. Your not helping them, and you are very selfish. And people like that are actually the reason others decline rezzes.

Don't need to try anything. You do a stellar job all by yourself.
  20. FireBreather

@IshanDeston,

Stop being ridiculous. What's wrong with wanting xp from rezzing ppl? You call that xp whoring, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, a guy with level 1 going around rez stealing would be xp whoring. Even if it were another level 5 or 6 medic stealing the rez, the mechanic we have currently in place allows inefficient use of time. It's better to have the second medic looking for the next patient once the first one finished rezzing. Don't tell me that every medic should be doing better job. There is an inherent problem in the game mechanic that requires change.

To top it all up, your solution is to keep healing the victim until he accepts your rez. That would be even more inefficient use of time.