[Suggestion] Medics OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AllRoundGoodGuy, Jun 22, 2021.

1. AllRoundGoodGuy

Medics are just too powerful. They have access to way to many top tier items/equipment. They have the best rilfes, insane synergy with certain implants, and the ability with the click of a button to revive all their fallen comrades. As someone who shoots at medics I know what I'm talking about.

In a real life scenario, combat medics can't just shoot somebody and have that person in 3 seconds jump up and be in tip top fighting condition.
    1. I propose that when they revive an ally, said ally will only live for an addition 15 seconds before dying - unable to be revived.
    2. Nerf their self healing. Maybe half of what it currently is. There's a reason there is a cap to the HA's medkits. Medics have basically a permanent medkit.
    3. Their rifles are too strong. Either nerf them, or give access to them for all other classes.
    4. The revive grenades are too strong, maybe nerfing half it's aoe would be a good enough nerf.
    Thanks to coming to my ted talk.
    • Up x 5
  2. Demigan

I had my suspicion but you can't know for sure these days. Thanks for adding this.
    • Up x 2
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

Np, I tried to hit all the major points. Made sure to include a real life situation, my credentials, and some great ideas as solutions.
    • Up x 4
  4. UberNoob1337101

Ayo hold up :D

Could've been more interesting with the nerfs, halving everything is good satire BUT isn't as insane (or pointless) as some of the actual threads.

Very good, 9/10!
    • Up x 3
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

We need one of these for Engineer, next. Poor guys just can't get a break.
  6. RabidIBM

I will also toss in that a person who has been revived but not accepted yet needs to be able to be shot back down.

It's annoying to not be able to progress because those couple guys *might* accept a revive behind me, but the whole time I have sights on them I might get hit by somebody else. I totally abuse this too, I don't accept revive right away specifically to exploit this. It really shouldn't be a thing.
    • Up x 2
  7. DarkQuark

Well clearly, if every class is OP then apparently we have some semblance of balance.
    • Up x 3
  8. AllRoundGoodGuy

You right, when I finally get fed up with the engis I'll be sure to up the ante.
  9. JustGotSuspended

Honestly I would just rework the healing/revive nades so there's a 90% chance they fly back towards you and explode in your face, ending your life. This way it works a bit more like C4, and brings some excitement when having them equipped, all the while nerfing them in a slight manner.
  10. Bonemiser

Engineer is the only one that doesn't get tons of QQ despite having the biggest tool kit. Bionics Engineer with quad C4 or quad Sticky Grenades, and Spitfire (or AV Turret for ESFs I guess), and Assault Rifle + Shotgun, and repairs... I mean, it's not bad. But it doesn't jump out the same way CQC Bolters, Booshers, 2KD Sweaty Sweats or Carapace Medics do.
  11. AllRoundGoodGuy

Shoutout to the days when the av turrets could pilot missiles out of render range.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mechwolf

Heavies are limited because their main ability has nothing to do with hp.