Medical Applicators

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by St3yN012, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Helwyr

I have the level 5 tool, in terms of value for certs the medic tool is hard to beat. Heck I almost never play support classes in MMOs, but the Medic not only has awesome healing abilities, but combat abilities as well with the AR. I think to date I've spent more certs into Medic than I have Infiltrator which is the sort of role I normally play.. there's just no comparison to the value you get from certs spent between the two classes.

As to the issue of level of medical applicators during revives. I would like to see a system where the revived player gets an informed choice. Rather than revive option pop-up overriding the previous one, I would like to see them stack and say what level of revive each player is offering. No need to lessen the EXP on low skill revives, random players will naturally choose the best one offered and that player is the one that gets the exp. However, if it's a squad mate they may choose to take the lower revive. Or perhaps they could have player settings, default shows last revive offered, with options to show highest revive offered or highest squad/outfit revive offered.
  2. Evilnox

I have already said this before that It's selfish thinking to say that your higher ranked tool should override the weaker one. The other medic got there first, he gets the credit. I do like the idea of combined ressing/healing though. I believe that should give the initial resser full Xp and any assists 25% and just increase the res speed.

My tool is second from best right now, I just spent my certs for my newest tool this morning and I plan to get the best one within a few days. I am disappointed that my own XP suffers for having a better tool. I can rack in much more xp with a weak tool since I can stand there healing them up their remaining 80% (if they don't run the F away). The tool really needs to factor in the health you res them at and give you a bonus since you technically just healed them up quite a lot right off the bat. I am not super worried about the XP working that way but it would be nice and encourage people to upgrade their tools instead of running around with level 1's.

Running with a squad of friends and being our only medic sure makes that higher tool useful I just wish it offered more XP for my troubles. I do get most of my xp from killing but a fair buff to the XP on the tool should be added.
  3. Hoki

Medical applicator becomes increadibly fast at level 6, you can rez 3 allies in the time it takes to rez 1 when you first start as medic and they all get full health, that just amazing.