Medic tool, nerfed my self by getting rank 6.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Enerzeal, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Morgoth

@Vreki : you're right. The problem however is that Planetside 2 Medics downright suck balls at anything but rezzing people. And as you know, two or three medics per biolab could often be enough if people knew how to progress from position to position.
  2. Bottar1

I revive everyone now because I revive faster than all other medics and don't need to heal up my revived folk.

In the spare time I have I can get more kills with my rediculously fast killing machine SABR-13 and revive more people.
  3. IshanDeston

No it doesn't. You are faster with the Revive, the person gets promted to revive sooner. If you are right next to them, they have the prompt up before their death screen is really gone. Most people will hit accept right away. Only a small minority doesn't.

You are still faster than all the others.

You wouldn't be here complaining if that would be true. I am having a Max level Healtool and i am not complaining, actually it doesn't even bother me. I make more than enough exp and i didn't specc into it for exp. Simply because i got mine for the reasons you say. I did it to support my side, not to make exp. I make more exp using my gun than i make with rezzing. Even if i would be fulltime rezzing.

There are always more enemies than dead people around and unlike rezzing, i do get exp for hurting people that get killed by others.

So yeah.. i don't see that.

You mean except for the reasons you previously mentioned. You know that "team game" and all that.

Its no rezz steal if you abandon it and don't maintain that gun on them.

True, but that doesn't mean it should be handled by "locking" rezzes. It should be handled by giving us the Exp we lose from being unable to heal them.

If we would get exp for the amount of HP we rezz with, people would cert into it. And it would no longer hurt the game or the team.
  4. Elsewhere

It seems most people are talking purely in NUMBERS and not about REAL Situations.

When someones dies, they will re-deploy fairly quickly (usually as soon as the button refreshes) which makes your revive window fairly short. Secondly, whatever killed them is still out there a good amount of the time (and certainly thier team-mates are). Meaning the longer you stand there trying to revive (and top-off heal) the more likely you are to die.

The biggest 2 problems with Level 1 revivies are:
    1) Standing exposed over a corpse waving a big "shoot me now" flag and then doing same healing for an extra 17xp often gets you killed.
    2) See above - The corpse disappears before you rez, or you both get killed or re-killed

Dying while rezzing earns you NOTHING.
    Player re-deploying because it took you too long to complete the rez earns you NOTHING

I am sure having a level 5-6 tool drastically reduces the 2 underlines above make me gain more XP in the long run than the possible "extra" 17 xp for topping off. I currently have Level 5 revive tool, and the fact that I can circle strafe around my target while rezzing without going out of range is HUGE for surviveablity. Its almost like a drive-by rather than sitting exposed for 5-10 seconds. I would rather lose the "extra" 17xp and stay alive than end up dead most of the time trying to max the numbers.
    • Up x 1
  5. Elsewhere

Can someone confirm this please?

If we are getting 87xp for a L5 or L6 rez compared to 75xp for a standard rez, then it means the "extra" post-rez-healing xp is being INCLUDED in the rez XP, which makes the whole "I am losing out on xp" argument completely invalid.
  6. botosan

im getting 300+/revive lvl 6 tool subsciption+boost+double xp ...squad revives iirc 400+

lvl6 medic tool so far has been the single biggest eye opening upgrade i made so far.....5 to 6 is even huge.
    now can the engineers get some lvl 6 lovin?
  7. Elsewhere

I tested this today.
    I rolled a little VS alt, and was getting 150xp per rez at Level 1 (doubled from 75, but whatever)
    Hopped to another character and was getting 151 at Level 4 (extra was faction inbalance xp)
    Hopped to another with level 5 medi-tool and was getting 150-153 consistantly despending on faction population.

Whatever bonus xp your friend was getting, it was non built-in healing xp. Faction inbalance xp, boosts, or other sources is most likely what is increasing this number.

Else.
  8. psioniq

Cool, thanks for testing that. Must have been defense bonus or something. :)
  9. Stormlight666

Pity the lvl 6 nano upgrade for engie wasn't as good as the medi one.
    • Up x 1
  10. botosan

you forget the whole "i can just spam revive nonstop XP and forget healing whoever i just rezzed factor and keep pushing/defending"
    Is that 12xp going to win or lose the battle???? I think not.(agreein to your post just adding in more shietttt)
  11. Shadowhunter1

you obviously were not paying attention to the amount of XP you gained per level of the med gun when you were raising it. you gain more XP and certs with a maxed out med gun. please pay attention to where you put your points before complaining. you really are gaining much more AND you are helping your team with giving them full rezzes. plus people remember your name cause you gave them a full rez, and they will always accept it from you after that, thereby giving you even more XP overall.
  12. Koadster

Ive noticed alot less exp, healing a guy from low hp to full nets far less exp. The full hp rezzes are good though, til a lvl2 farmer medic overrides your rez and he pops up with 25%hp
  13. Shadowhunter1

you can lock out other medics if you see them overriding you. just don't release the rez button until they accept. sure you are vulnerable and sit there and make yourself an easy target, but the other medic tends to leave and like i said, people will remember your name more often when they see you give a full rez.
  14. RachelGomez

XP needs to be granted based on the percentage of health you healed/rezzed. Until that changes, I'm leaving mine at level 4. It still heals fast and once someone rezzes, I can get them to full HP in about a second.