Medic tool, nerfed my self by getting rank 6.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Enerzeal, Dec 11, 2012.

1. alecholman

Most of the stuff everyone said has correct; however, IT IS WRONG.

It WOULD be accurate if you didn't have to keep your beam on a body to keep your rezz from being stolen. In theory, the speed should allow you to rezz and then run, but when lvl 1 applicators override your rezz, and you're already gone, you get no exp. So you are stuck waiting beside all the other medics holding your beam on a person. This means it takes the EXACT SAME TIME to rezz one person and you get much less exp for said action, along with healing.

I have a lvl 6 applicator, I'm all for "this is a team game" and "do what's best for the team, not yourself", but there is very little incentive to upgrade to new players, resulting in more lvl1 applicators running around stealing rezzes. So from this, it's actually hurting the game and the team.
    • Up x 1
  2. Haterade

I'll out revive and out heal you. If you can't find enough people to revive with your level 6 applicator, the problem is with you and not the amount of dead bodies.
  3. ScorpDK

That's something the devs need to look at. Disallow overriding a rez unless the patient refused the revive, during which the revive is cleared and another medic could take it. Giving higher Tier Applicators priority would be good for the patient, but it would come down to a lot of griefing among medics.
    • Up x 1
  4. Marko Box

You are playing a f2p game, that means that any buff to the ammount of xp people make is a touchy subject and wont be easilly implemented.
    Money making is more important then overall balance, thats why i hate f2p model but as long as there are fanbois to state otherwise and to pay 5 bucks for a horn thing will remain the same. So dont get your hopes up that it will be changed.
  5. alecholman

absolutely agree with the first part of NOT ALLOWING overrides unless the corpse declines. The priority would never be allowed, and there would be massive griefing. But the Devs could definitely look at the first one. It would also stop exp medic farming from lvl 1 applicator overriders and make people actually USE their certs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vortok

Level 6 is worth it for the super fast rez speed alone (and the tactical advantage of popping up at full - but nobody cares about that when talking about exp). At rank 5 I think you'd only get exp from healing that 25% after a revive if they had nanoweave, as sometimes I'd get heal exp and others I wouldn't for topping them off.

If you're healing a guy with low health your exp ticks will actually be for slightly more with higher tool ranks, so there may not be as much exp loss as you'd think for normal healing activities. You do top them off faster so you're more likely to lose that last tick, which is annoying and hopefully on the dev radar.

A slight revive exp buff to account for healing them more/to full compared to a level 1 applicator would be nice, but isn't super needed.

As mentioned, you get squad exp bonuses for healing and revives, but don't for kills. Small comfort, but it's there.
  7. Jac70

I've noticed a slight improvement in the animation for soldiers, now they appear to push themselves up slightly rather than just instantly appearing on their feet. All these little touches are good. Still an issue with unrecoverable corpses lingering on the battlefield.

I think once someone has been revived with the tool then the option to revive them is no longer there for other medics - first come first rewarded.
  8. KodiakX

You're entirely too focused on getting resses stolen. I see a grenade blow up 4 guys I'm going to try to ress all 4. If one gets stolen by some other dude I still get three, realistically probably two, I don't care and just move on. In a scenario where there's 5 medics fighting over resses in a pack I don't bother and instead look for kills or passive AOE heals. That one guy who's sitting there with a level 1 tool slowly ressing people can't beat what a level 6 tool can do en masse. I've literally had complaints from people in game because they felt I stole all their resses because I was able to ress 4 people before the ress grenade they threw went off. Obsessing over 80-160 xp being "stolen" is just silly. I say this as a person who is is BR 46 currently.

It's the same with any kind of support role such as Engies with MAX repairs or Ammo Boxes where you go into an area and you see 5 ammo boxes dropped on a pile of AA MAXes. You can sit and gripe about it or you can just move on and find Xp elsewhere. There's certainly no shortage of support roles that need to be done.
    • Up x 2
  9. Soothsayer

I don't buy the sentiment that losing out on xp is better for the team. It doesn't have to be that way. If you put more cert points into a better tool you should get a bigger cut for xp per rez. The total amount of healing difference should be accounted for.

It's all fine and good to say that you're helping you team out and that the benefit is gained elsewhere, but since there is no assist xp for kills by people you've, the medic is out however much xp there was to be gained by healing after rezzing. So really from an XP perspective you are losing out.

Maybe playing for certs isn't your vision of "team play" but you've got no right to dictate any other person's playstyle if their (positive) actions are not to your detriment.
  10. JimBob22

I understand your main point, and I agree with it. But this analog isn't quite right. The Engineer's would be ******** too if you could come upon those 5 ammo boxes near AA MAXes and made all the other ammo boxes disappear when you dropped yours and thus, was getting all of the xp and denying it to everyone who came before. That would be closer to the current medic rez issue.
    • Up x 1
  11. Babylon Rocker

I have the lvl 6 medicgun and i love it, sure you probably loose some xp in small skirmishes, but in bigger battles i can revive ppl at an incredible rate, i dont feel that i got ripped off by maxing it out...
  12. Morgoth

That's where you're wrong. In most fights lvl 4 is enough, 5 is better and 6 is really the icing on the cake.

Some assaults indeed have the potential to make you use your medigun full-time, and then a lvl6 is pure madness (Theoretically you could do 2k XP per minute).

In the end I'll get it anyway because I love playing medic and a 4m revive range + all other benefits are too good to pass, but the truth is, in many places it means less XP, and that's quite annoying when compared to every other cert options which brings more XP.
  13. psioniq

Not sure how it works at Tier 6, but a friend of mine plays medic, and would normally get 75xp for a rez. He certed into Tier 2 (or 3, can't remember now) - and after that, he was getting 87xp. So, he was getting the default 75xp for the rez + 12xp for the healing done.

Add to that, that sometimes the soldier was downed by one of his own, so the health healed on rez would be friendly fire damage, thus not netting any xp.
  14. Haterade

I sat on level 5 for a long time because I was upgrading other things. Does it do a functional job? Yes, but you will miss some revives. The level 6 is just so much better. And in a good fight, level 6 is madness. With my level 6 and revive nades, I was pushing 16,000 exp/hour for the twenty minutes I was defending an isolated Bio Lab yesterday.

And psioniq, that's bonus exp from attacking or defending; not because you upgraded your medical applicator. You get a base exp of 75 for randoms, 100 for squad members. It doesn't change with the applicator level (which is these dudes' main complaint).
  15. DCTH

I did not know you can "overwrite" the rezzes from others ... this is simply put bulls... bad design.

I also agree that rezzing at full health should give more XP. Not a must, but it would be logical. Something which can't be undone (in this case certing into the rez-tool) should at no circumstance have any backdraw (in this case giving you less XP if there is only one dead player).

Sure, it is not much of XP you are loosing out. And one could argue "it helps your team much more thus giving the team more XP, because the rezzed guy can kill one more foe".

No one would argue that it would be ******** if the chassis choices for esf/tanks/whatever come with "makes you pitch/yaw/roll 2/4/6/...% faster but will decrease your maximum speed by 5/7/9/12/...% .
    It would be only ok if you could cert any level without having certed into the previous one and you can exchange the chassis to your todays mood.
  16. Arsenicfrog

The same people that cry about the miniscule amount of exp lost by ranking up the applicator are the same people who steal revives with their rank 1 tool from medics with rank 6.
  17. Morgoth

Exactly where I'm headed. Didn't know those reznades were worth it though, I'ma look into that ^^ - I think I'll love lvl 6 just because it lets you free your mind after you've rezzed people. No reason to stick in the wrong spot or anything must be awesome. with the 4 meters range...
  18. Haterade

Get level 6 before getting revive nades.

The bounce on the nades is still a bit wonky, but it's not that bad once you figure out the physics. I often use walls, boxes and other obstructions to stop the momentum of my grenade. They're also very situational. Use them when you can't cover the ground between you and the patient safely or when there are 4 or more bodies. If there are 3-4 bodies clustered together, you can usually get all of them up before they respawn. In this situation you'll save both nades (which aren't cheap) and help them out more since a revive nade revives at 50%.
  19. Sebyos

Humm you get more xp per rez it's like 100 at rank 5 and 120 at rank 6. Very slight nerf I gotta say.
  20. Vreki

Stop worrying about rez steals. If you are 3 medics to each corpse then you are redundant, and should go do something useful.