Medic Loadout (TR) + Thoughts

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Perls, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Liquid23

I bought the TS1 cause I liked the Cycler and figured it was the same but with more attachment options... unfortunately it is the same and most of those extra attachments options were not worth the 500 cert investment to unlock the rifle... only one I found mildly useful was the under-barrel GL and that thing is so buggy right now it wasn't worth the effort... from where I sit now it was like I spent 600 certs just to get the POS underbarrel nade launcher

I've been using the NS-11A platinum lately cause it was free and have found it a lot better than the cycler for all around use... I threw the 2x sight, laser, soft point rounds and compensator on it and it works wonders at all ranges... I can treat it like a cycler and hip fire up close or treat it like the NC gauss rifle at mid to long... obviously you mileage will vary depending on your play style but for me it was a perfect fit of a midway point between the TR and NC style weapons which was awesome cause I played mostly NC all through beta and now am TR

also as others have said I really do recommend at least putting certs into your healing applicator till the 100 cert one first before investing a lot in weapons... it makes life so much easier with the quicker reviving and more range so you can do it from cover... also those who you revive will thank you as they will pop up with 75 percent health instead of you reviving them durring a fight and them dying again to a single stray round

as far as armor goes in my opinion don't bother with nano-weave or if you do not past lvl 2... honestly in a perfect 1v1 fair match it might make a difference but in the heat of battle it makes pretty much none ever... spend it on something more useful like extra ammo or grenade capacity... also don't bother with the healing grenades they suck and everyone just runs out of their AOE anyway... the revive ones are decent if you are a dedicated medic but kinda suck if you don't have the upgraded capacity

again tho this is just my opinion and experience... it is different for everyone as we all don't have the same exact play-style
  2. Perls

Also remember, the last upgrade to the medic tool is the most noticeable in terms of speed and just overall "awesomeness"

C4, while expensive, is hilariously fun when you get creative with it as well.