Medic is the best way to get XP in this game, bar none

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by KorJax, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mnemon

Medic isn't a very easy support class to play due to the fact that revives and heals easily get you killed unless you have enough experience to know when to attempt those. If you want relatively straightforward support play, go for engi and get an AMS sunderer or just practice with LA(mobility) or HA(Shields/firepower) which are much more easy to survive with in most cases.
  2. Shockfrosted

I'm actually surprised to see so many people play medic.
    Given that we live in the post-halo and post-modern-warfare days, I expected more people to avoid the class where the primary mainstay does not positively (and in fact rather frequently: negatively) affect K/D.
    Maybe there is hope after all?
  3. Jolly

Actually, the best way in the game to get XP bar none is to have a nice Sunderer AMS/Rearm deployed while repairing 2/3 x squad members in MAX units and also dropping ammo for them during base fights.

With 100% boost you get 35XP per tick while repairing a squadded MAX, so even minus the Sunderer you will easily out-XP a Medic.
  4. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

First post. Hello!

The Medic class is designed for XP so that it's used more often than other classes, or at least used.

I like it. My squad can utilize me as a medic quickly and easily.
  5. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Post Halo? Post Modern-Warfare?

You're absolutely right on that one. Most people are moving from the console to the PC. Few gamers stay on the consoles.
  6. BillNye The Vanu Guy

medic is the way to go for exp, for sure.
  7. Shockfrosted

Just to clarify, am I supposed to read your name out loud? Also while I do so, should I or should I not imitate Arnold?
  8. DonB

Huh ? 36,000 to 72,000 XP/Hour ? I make between 8,000 and 10,000 XP/Hour (I think) with Alpha Squad boost (+10%), 6 months premium (+50%) and playing mostly in squad (+25% ? not sure).

Yes, attacking/defending main bases with the Zerg gives XP (but certainly not 36,000). Taking surrounding bases with your squad only is not so rewarding.
  9. Evilnox

I get decent XP as a medic but I get most of it from kills. I am looking for the next enemy to kill, not the closest dead team mate. I do revive and heal plenty of people as long as it doesn't put me as risk of dying or the guy I revive of dying. I don't like us medics having the reputation of reviving and running away for the next cheap xp gain.

I res you, and I fully heal you if you don't run away. Anybody near me that has even 1% off their health I will heal it up as long as I am not in direct gunfire. I assess the situation and not just blindly run to a corpse hoping for my revive xp fix. If I am able, you are getting ressed, if I think I'm going to die doing it, you just go respawn. If I think you're going to die again after ressing, I just let you respawn.

A res from me means safety :)

Unless I run you over with a tank, then you're on your own.
  10. Ack0n

I agree with the sunderer :D Best XP
  11. BobJohnson

While medics do get the most exp, I don't mind one bit when one rezes me after I die. Many times they risk their life to get that glorious exp and when they do more often then not I am able to get back up and get some more exp for myself.
    • Up x 1
  12. JimBob22

I'll add my support to what many people here have said, medics can get good xp in the right situations, but it's not easy. Generally to get the massive xp gains some are talking about here...you have to be where a lot of people are dying and dying regularly.

Let's stress that again, to get the huge xp gains, you're going to be where the fight is the hottest. And not just that, but if you're making that good xp, it means your faction is dying a lot...which also means...the fight where you're at is probably one your team is losing at least a little bit at the moment.

Yes, the self healing is nice and can tip the scales in a 1 on 1 fight sometimes, but if you're where you need to be to get the good xp...you're not in a 1 vs 1 situation and you're a lot more fragile than people think.
    • Up x 1
  13. Joust

So we're all in agreement then.
  14. XanderF

Yeah, this is the point. Medics HAVE to get good XP for their work, because they don't usually get good kills. Additionally, it's rather hard to do (compared to 'shoot at enemy'), and can sometimes get 'boring'.

Without it being a mad XP farm, nobody would do it!
  15. ScorpDK

During an attack push on a facility or while defending an AMP station, I tend to rack up a nice sum of certs per hour, depending on enemy activity and how my allies act. If they charge deep into enemy gunfire, I can't save their skin, but I can always rez from cover with rank 4-5. During a Biolab assault without teleporter usage, the landing pads become nice farms with many piggies to attend and groom and make sure they're all patched up.
    AMP Station defense, protecting the hangar shield generators can net a nice sum as well, since you get to both kill enemies a lot, revive or heal your mates, and stop overloads. With the defense bonus applied, expect 30-60 certs per hour with persistent enemy attacks.
  16. Kageru

Shame medics are useless. See them all having a nice little circle of healing until a tank rolls over them. Doesn't really help much in keeping momentum either and won't keep people up under sustained fire. And if you lose your spawn point healing and revives aren't going to hold the location.
  17. Joust

@Kageru; we have guns you know. I can throw a grenade, C4 a tank or firefight just as well as any other class - just turns out I can also rez you after while healing myself.
  18. XanderF

This IS a fair point. I mean, I know *why* SOE chose to make spawn times so short - for the same reason any FPS out there has servers someone runs with 'fastrespawn' enabled to get audience to join them. People don't like being "out of the action", and want quick respawns.

But it does mean that - no matter HOW good a squad is - if they don't have a spawn point nearby, medics and engies alone just won't make up the difference. Period. Nearby spawn point > all.

And that's kind of a drag. I have a hunch just doubling spawn times might cut down on that (IE., give a squad with competent medics rezzing people a fighting chance...even without a nearby spawn), but not 100% sure on that.
  19. Lokarin

Best gun, best ability, best options, best class.
  20. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

My friend says that the Engie is the best class, another the Heavy assault, another the Infiltrator.

Really, it's up to preference. I like to help my team AND kick ***. Guess my option?