Medic directive problem - Did not register previous medic kills

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Pingonaut, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Pingonaut

With the medic directives I started out with no medic on medic kills registered. Did this not carry over? I've played on this specific character for over a year and played medic as my main class for a long time. There's no way I've never killed a medic as a medic before now.
  2. Isokon

Afaik they don't carry over.
  3. SevenTwo

Kill counts on Directives in general didn't carry over as far as I know - the data about these weren't tracked before the Directives were implemented, so there's no way to actually reward players in the Directive system for having made these kills in the past.

The only progress that was carried over from pre-Directives were those based on medals and ribbons, as those were already in the database (some kill Directives could probably have been awarded post-implementation as well, as each class has specific weapon groups only belonging to them).
  4. Pingonaut

Ah, okay. Thanks for the replied. It would've been embarrassing to find out that I'd never killed a medic with a medic in 1 1/2 years.
  5. TheKhopesh

They shouldn't require so many medic and savior kills.

You get about 1 per 20 kills for savior, and 1 per 15 for medic kills.
    I've got everything else, but I've still got over an auraxium medal worth of savior/medic kills to go for the directive completion.

The requirement needs to be lowered, as you cannot go out looking for savior kills. They're almost entirely random.
  6. Solidpew

The 300 Savior kills requirement isn't so bad. My way of getting Savior credit was to go to big fights. What I did was position myself in spots overlooking the biggest areas of fighting, and I shot at the enemies as they fired on allies. I also got a good portion of the kills in squads with aggressive players who exposed themselves to fire and could be 'saved.'

Alternatively, take up flanking positions and use allies as bait to get a saving kill. It's important not to be the primary focus, and I was fortunate enough to use the Reaper/Tross for this Directive because they're made for range. It's also important to be aggressive about firing, since more than one person is usually aiming at the target.

I actually think the combat medic directives are pretty feasible goals. The use of the medic & shield tools will easily fulfill those requirements. 1200 kills is a lot, but it's straightforward. I talked about Savior kills. The 800 combat medic kills is probably the hardest because medics aren't as likely to expose themselves in comparison to, say, heavies.

It seems the class struggling most with directives is HA (yeah yeah, MAXes). Interesting to note.