Medic Certs Guide (Most Useful Combat Medic Certs)

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Wrel, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Wrel Developer

A guide on how to make the Combat Medic class very effective, very quickly, for a newer player. Gameplay from all three factions (and a discussion of their starting weapons as well!)

Let me know what you think!
    • Up x 5
  2. Judgeratt

Great video - clear and insightful.

I was trying out the Carnage BR in VR recently and thought that if I were to start over, I might purchase it and use it for both close-medium ranges and medium-long. Later on, having a GR-22 loadout and a Reaper loadout would be awesome, but a newer player might benefit from using the same base gun, and they might want to keep their SC/cert costs low by only buying one weapon. What keeps you from recommending it for new players?
  3. Wrel Developer

Low magazine+low rate of fire weapons are notoriously difficult to use in this game, maybe due to players having around 30% accuracy on average? Low rate of fire makes these sorts of weapons twice as difficult to use, as you can't put enough bullets down range as quick as the guy across from you will. And even with a compensator+adv. forward grip, you need to compensate for the recoil by pacing yourself, which contributes to a lower TTK, on top of everything else.

I'm just throwing out ideas on what the issue may be; but in the field, the difference is painfully clear.
    • Up x 1
  4. Judgeratt

That sounds like the Reaper DMR more than the Carnage BR.

The Carnage has a 30 round magazine, and at 750 RPM a low rate of fire isn't its problem. :p
  5. Wrel Developer

Ah, I misunderstood. There's a point in the video where I say that I can't recommend the Reaper DMR to newer players; I thought that's what you were referring to.

I'd recommend the Carnage BR, sure. It's a good weapon all around. I just didn't mention it as it serves the same role as the GR-22, which I prefer.
  6. Kociboss

Good guide, definitely new players will find it helpful.

I disagree here and there but overall you make good points.
    • Up x 1
  7. Redcleoud

Awesome video. I agree with how to spend first certs you need to build a good foundation first before going to max something. Except I think you should not go for the revive grenade until maxing Medic Gun. I highly recommend maxing your med gun soon as you can/have enough certs in your ability/suit/weapon certs. The last rank is a big investment but it raises your survivability big time, because of the distance/speed u can revive from AND more so because you bring back to FULL health, so you can revive and get outta there not waiting to heal OR for them to accept your revive. Also those you revive will be grateful too they're at full health. Rank 5 at 80% IS good too yes, but maybe I gots OCD bu I have to heal to full health :) I was at 5 for a while and didn't realize how much better/effective my medic life would be until I maxed it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Adamar09

It's more like 20% I believe, 30% is exceptional. 40% is aimbot. (For automatics, at least.)
  9. Wrel Developer

Seem's you're correct. Average for most weapons is 20% or less, whether those numbers include VR room training or not, I couldn't say.

(http://ps2-stats.com)
  10. Vortok

Pretty solid video overall. Would've placed a bit more emphasis on C4's ability to deal with MAXs for which you only need 1 brick which is 200 certs, instead of needing to blow 700 certs to get the 2 needed for most vehicles.

Don't know I'd recommend blowing 400 certs on Revive grenades before maxing the med tool, but that's a minor quibble at best.
  11. Steveru

I'm not a newcomer to the game, but it's was fun to watch your video anyways! You have a very deliberate way of explaining things, very matter of fact, very helpful. I just wish I had watched it two months ago, Triage, god what a waste.

And YES, be brave, thanks for spreading the word.
  12. Adinatore

Thank you for addressing the TUNNEL VISION ISSUE! I've seriously seen like 10 medics run over my recently deceased MAX corpse because of a big battle that was happening just on the other side of the base. Medics should be actively seeking out players to revive when they're not in the midst of combat rather then just reviving when they come across a dead body by accident.
  13. Psykmoe

Do dead MAXes still not get a skull icon? That can throw a lot of newer medics off, since it means there's no easy way to know that you can actually rez MAXes, since it's easy to notice you can't heal them.
  14. Adinatore

I'm not sure if the skull icon always appears. I've seen it appear when a MAX dies very recently but I've also seen it disappear at times during big battles that cause lag (100 players or so). Bodies tend to vanish during said big battles as well o_O