Medic and Engineer Tool Function Very Delayed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AlcyoneSerene, Jan 6, 2020.

1. AlcyoneSerene

As server population rises, clicking on a friendly to heal or revive with the medic tool can take many seconds to begin functioning.

Similarly, engineer tool trying to repair anything in high world population scenarios fails to engage without an unacceptably long delay.

Both of these bugs are making it impossible to competitively play a medic or engineer due to the amount of down-time and frustration.
    • Up x 3
  2. FriendlyHuman

Is it related to lags? Can you post a video if it's otherwise?
  3. AlcyoneSerene

Not related to lag directly. I'm consistently below 60ms server and around 30-40ms local. There is only a slight increase in server latency with greater population.

It's some bug or something they've done to the servers making them no longer capable of actually supporting the big populations this game was made for.

What would a video show? Imagine me standing next to a dead mans, with my maxed medtool out, waiting a good 6 seconds for it to begin the revive. Same to healing injured mans or repairing stuff.
    • Up x 2
  4. FriendlyHuman

I don't have this bug, and many/almost all people don't have this as well. Otherwise, there would be more bug reports on reddit, forums or issue tracker (where I found one similar bug report) if it was widespread as it's pretty serious =)
    It's a proof that you didn't miss something which increases reliability of your bug report.

What is your PC specifications (name of CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD or SSD)?

P.S. You can also create bug report on reddit and ask for solution or if someone else has the same issue.
  5. AlcyoneSerene

I'll probably post a video with OBS Studio since I don't have that nvidia experience software. But really, imagine me standing over a dead friendly player, holding RMB, does nothing for 6 seconds, then finally starts reviving. No, my mouse buttons function perfectly fine as does my keyboard, and yes I'm standing close enough for these tools to function with nothing else in the way. This bug only becomes permanent as server population increases on Emerald in the latter half of the day.

I don't have a reddit account. This is the official PS2 bug report forum. I also forwarded this to DBG customer support.

I have a second fresh copy of Planetside2 on my HDD which is a new Western Digital 4 TB drive that I'll test again as soon as I can and report back.

System Specs:
    Intel i5 6600K (not-OC) with large aftermarket HSF & Thermal Paste
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX1080 Windforce using latest driver 441.66
    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 XMP Enabled
    Win10 Ultimate
    Samsung Evo SSD
    Asus Z170-A mobo
    AOC G2590FX 144 Hz monitor gsync/freesync comp
    Logitech GMX518 at 1000 poll 500 dpi
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    I'm on slow DSL with reliable steady speeds.
  6. NewPlayer246

i5 6600 seems like a reoccurring factor, I myself have an i5 7500 and have the same issue. I am getting a new cpu within the next 30 days, I'll come back and update you.
  7. CarlAdam

I'm having the same problem for the past couple of weeks, it's like half the bullets I fire vanish or the things I'm shooting at are not really there my performance has decreased with half, it's very frustrating.

I fiddled with my router with no improvements, fiddled with nvidia control panel and ini settings, updated all drivers etc, nothing works.

The problem is there on my gaming laptop aswell.

I average around 140 fps or 100 in big fights and my ping is the same as always but it feels much worse.
  8. CarlAdam

Recursion tracker is very delayed aswell, I'll get the voice messages 10 seconds after I got the kills.