MCG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Golgaris, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Golgaris

Hey there,
    I bought the Minichaingun today and was wondering how to use it effectively. Of course, I'm far from being used to it, but i do have some first thoughts about it. Upgraded with the rapid fire bolt the MCG feels damn close to a shotgun.
    But having a range of 10 - 25 meters opposed to shotguns. Everything closer than that seems to have an advantage because of the fire mechanism and further away the gun is too unprecise.
    So here's the question:
    Is that opinion correct?
    How do you use it? Situation, playstyle, etc.
    Which attachement do you use?
  2. FuryM4

3. Saool

The only time I have used it in anger was in the last Sever Smash (Cobalt as TR in a three way). I only used it for medium to long range. Just point it at groups at hold down the trigger. Kills came in. Loved it.
    • Up x 1
  4. AlterEgo

You got kills with the MCG. That PROVES that all Terran weapons are OP and require immediate hammer nerfs.
  5. Takoita

Basically, what Wrel's video linked above said.

In my experience, it's a fun weapon to shoot, but enemy shotguns and SMG are effective in about the same ranges as it is and generally do its job better in everything but ammo capacity.
  6. BobSanders123

Assault: BRRT attachment. Pre fire before moving into rooms. Use resist shield or adrenaline shield for maximum effectiveness. Medkits work too.
    Support, Medium-Long range suppresive fire: Extended mags.
    Troll chanllenge: Laser sight.

Always strafe and move, your CoF never blooms unless outside of ADS.
  7. Liewec123

in my opinion the Balistic Rapid Refire Toggle is pretty much mandatory, without it the weapon fires too slow, by the time it has sped up you're dead, with the attachment you can get straight to BRRRRR!
  8. Golconda

Hi, if you dont like brrt and wanna stick with ex mags be sure to pmuch always hipfire, use ads only past 30m or whenever you are not taking any damage.
    The fixed CoF makes this gun's TTK terribad compared to other lmgs, you need to use the increased movement speed hipfiring gives you.
  9. miraculousmouse

Always use BRRT, there's no reason to use ext mags as "suppressive fire" in this game is useless. From a personal point of view it ruins your accuracy stat, from a grand point of view you're much more useful if you're actually precisely land each bullet on your enemy. You can also have oppurtunities to get kills but you'll be stuck in the reload and get jumped.

100 bullets is more than enough anyways, and with the mini chaingun you have assault rifle damage output as well.

This gun has a surprisingly tight ads cone of fire, so at close/medium ranges you can start prefiring and then hose 3 or 4 people down very easily, if you burst. At closer ranges for example, if you run through a doorway and there's an orion heavy entering the room as well, you should run back out quickly, spin up your chaingun and then walk back into the room. You'll be brutally outdpsing him this way and will probably win. This will also keep the lag compensation on your side.
  10. RobotNinja

Well, the MCG is pretty much a highly situational close-quarters novelty gag. It's fun but your default T9 is far more effective 99% of the time. There are times when it shines of course and then there are times when you feel left out because none of the other kids want to come play with you.
    • Up x 1