[Suggestion] MCG model

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Sep 16, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

ok, so i know T-Ray made it pretty clear today that the MCG will never

EVER

EVER

be underslung

BUT

i was thinking.......what if they made it over the shoulder?

they already have the animation set for it, which is the rocket launcher, they could easily use the Striker's reload animation on the MCG, the biggest downside to this style is that you end up blocking part of your perpiherial vision

i kinda got this concept from Star wars battlefront 2 where the Clone commander had an OTS chaingun.......
    [IMG]

anyone like the idea?

see.....the clone commander even LOOKS TR :)

honestly if this isnt a good idea...i think just giving the dammed thing a shoulder stock would make me happy
  2. Winfield

The way I see it is;

Underslung would've been the best.

What we have is the middleground.

Over-shoulder is pants-on-head.
    • Up x 2
  3. Maljas23

Gotta agree with this. I'm not happy about the middle ground, but still... better than pants-on-head, OP.
  4. Goretzu

As well as looking a bit.... interesting.... wouldn't over the shoulder have similar issues to underslung anyway?
  5. FateJH

If they're really insistent on keeping the barrel at the same height onscreen, what about a gun body similar to the positron rifle prototype from Evangelion? combines both an over-the-shoulder feel and underslung feel at the same time and you can maintains the normal weapon holding position; just slap the rotating barrels on the front end and move that bottom piece forward to serve as the magazine.
    [IMG]
    This design also does a better job at maintaining the height of the barrels, enough that (I hope) it never looks like the muzzle is obscured from the target when standing behind medium cover. I assume that is one of the other considerations in the design change.