MCG animations are lacking

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Flashtirade, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Flashtirade

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to notice this, but hey why not make a video on it.
    > 6 hours to upload 3.5 minutes of footage
    • Up x 2
  2. AnotherNoob

I agree that it is a terrible animation, but untill they buff the stats of it I don't see anyone using it seriously anyway.
  3. Flashtirade

Eh, I think the gun is alright. It's a novelty item, but it's not useless.
    I hear at least one or two of them going off at every large fight, so it's not like I'm the only one using it.
  4. Reskan

Since they improved it in the last update it's been freaking out like that. There's also another model glitch that's been around before the update where it'll stick up if you were revived while using the MCG.

Honestly, I think they should spend the time making a more sensible model for the MCG rather than servicing the current poor model. Realism is difficult to discuss in a game where tanks can be conjured out of thin air, but it is not realistic to assume that a foregrip is sufficient enough to control the incredible amount of force given off by a chain gun. It's ridiculous when you consider weapons like the MCG are rumored to be so powerful that it can kill the operator because the gun rips apart every muscle in their body when fired. Something that strong needs a handle either on the top or sides of it to keep it under control.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

i only had a chance to toy with it in VR, but it was my favourite of the 3 factions heavy guns (with jackhammer a very close 2nd and lasher a hilariously far 3rd)
  6. PS2Freak

strange, devs gives attention to the gun (adjusting numbers) aaannd.... now the gun animation is broken.. so much to attention to tweaks.... they would notice it, if they would test if for 5 minutes...
    • Up x 1
  7. Takoita

Also, the third-person-view model animation in the resupply menu has glitchy idle animation, especially near the pauldrons. And the ammo counter no longer works :( And the inabiity to mount any optics (HS/NV in particular) is kinda jarring. I was ecstatic enough with the stat changes not to raise the stink though ;D

I agree with the above posters about not bothering with the current model anymore and replacing it entirely with something more badass-looking - like shoulder mounted minigun of doom, for example.