MBT solutions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Feb 28, 2013.

1. JDS999

As i see it now mbt are way too ez to pull, increase spawn timer 2x 2.5x this way thier wont be groves of mbt at every base and more strategy based attacks can be implimented. i know this has been said b4 but nothing has been done about it. everyone just posts about nerfs and buffs. now it seems the prowler is owning the game(magrider pre gu2). this seems like the most intelligent solution. mbt should not be able to be pulled every 10-15 mins as this seems to be the average fight length per base. mabey nc maxes as well i see this bs happen everyday at ti-alloys. nc camps with maxes so tr tank camps sometimes it doesnt even feel like the tr want to cap the base they just snd drove after drove of mbts to farm infintry. same with the crown sometimes tr makes no soild effort to take the crown they just set up a huge circle of tanks to spam at it, mabey a and a small squad running up the hill

Make Pulling a MTB a more important decision.
  2. Xuram

I personally think a better solution is to make resources more valuable not just jack up the timer.
    • Up x 2
  3. Zenanii

From what I've seen, it seems like SOE is intent on balancing their games around cheap but fragile vehicles. I do not agree with this, I would much rather have tanks be very powerful, but quite rare and require multi-crew to operate. Still, the game is what it is, if you increased the respawn timer for tanks, you sould need to buff them directly to compensate, as tanks are just too easy to destroy to warrant nerfing their avilability.
  4. JDS999

either way thier is no downside to pulling a mbt, pre gu2 i had no problems with magriders, compared to the amount of prowlers thier are now it would be great if u guys got ur pre gu2 tanks back, but just had more of a consiquence if u pulled one. not for one teams strategey to be ok everyone pull mtbs and go to base x to camp spawn room rinse and repeat
    well resources are always going to effect the higher percentage pop wich is the last thing this game needs is to give more perks to the high faction pop.

zenna i see ur post the tanks play a support role just like a sundy it would make gameplay more strategic like 2 guys operating tanks and infintry protecting them like one would protect a sundy
    but from the one post where one guy wanted his lmg to damage tanks, im not sure im playing the right game i thought this was like chess, everyone else seems to be playing checkers
  5. Xuram

A higher population is always going to have the advantage no matter what. If vehicles are more resource based it gives at least some ability to be tactical instead of just shutting them down completely. With a resource based system it gives the oppurtunity for a small organized group to push around the zerg and cut them off from the warp gate killing their resource gain and halting production of vehicles. One could even capture the territory around the warp gate and cut off every territory. This is at least slightly taceical gameplay while setting the timer up higher doesn't help with that
  6. JDS999

makes sence if timer was based on population as well. werre seeing more population imbalance so som sort of imblaance timer woulnd be nice. meaning highest mass pop would have to wait longer to repull thier mtbs
  7. Compass

Double the cost of tanks and aircraft, double the amount of resources we can hold.

Takes twice as long to get resources for tanks (the rate of resources earned stays the same, but we need twice as many). We can still deploy 3 vehicles from a fully resupplied period if necessary.
  8. JDS999

no one said anything about aircraft thier have become ez to handle as appoesed to mass mbt zergs this is what the game needs to cut ddown on.. but im sure the same dont take my tank away noobs will be the only ones to respond
  9. axiom537

I have a better suggestion... The MBT should require 2 people. Give the driver the secondary gun and make the Main gun to be operated by the gunner...
  10. grunties

Higher costs for tanks doesn't eliminate the tank zerg, it just makes tank zergs take a little longer between appearences. And once they exist, they tend to continue existing since they roll through opposition.
    Multicrew tanks doesn't eliminate tank zerg, it just gives them more often to overpopulated factions and less to low populated factions.
    Only a faction-continent wide cap on tanks that can be pulled at one time will solve it, but that is a high price to pay and creates the dreaded 'people idling waiting for an open spot'. And i suspect, tk'ing of team tanks so you can open a slot for yourself.

Tank spam isn't a problem in games like battlefield because tanks in play are limited by how many exist on the map. As tanks are generated by the player in ps2, this same effect can only be achieved through an artificial cap.

Personally I don't see a solution that would come without unacceptable consequences.
  11. Xind

Seems like what bases need is some sort of silo...that regulates how many nanites can be expended on vehicles..

Maybe it needs some sort of mechanic that requires it to be refilled before more vehicles can be fielded.

Perhaps enemies...could...be aware of the need to refill the tank and blockade the refill areas.

Strange thoughts.
  12. Izriul

Sure, magrider with HRB as driver.
  13. JDS999

with server merges im bringing this to the top i feel it well help the game and the tank zerg platoons. every base i go to has 40 mbt thier and it ruins the action unless u have 50 mbt thier, then the game turns into tankside 2. and with all the tank nerf talk going on, timers on mbt;s need to be increased to provide for more strategic play. the thing that ruins the game in my eyes is when 2 enemy platoons load up in mass tanks and zerg every reigon. feels like its now AvoidthetankZergside2. why would serval platoons use strategeyw hen they can just all get in tanks and respawn them on demand. and it forces players who want to play infintry more to get in tanks and try to have fun. it will also reduce lag if thier arnt 80mbt in one reigon