[Suggestion] Maybe stop being VS biased @devs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vonRichtschuetz, Dec 13, 2019.

1. OgreMarkX

The faction bias I have seen is likely not intentional, but it is definitely there. Subconscious bias is hard to combat and hard to correct.

You have three tasks before you. You are better at one than the others or you prefer one more than the others. This guides your actions. You do one better than the others, you do it more thoroughly and with more care and thought. This is a natural thing.

DBG seems to have no objective review process prior to launch.

I mean....one faction getting a known hack implemented as a cash shop item? Ahem, what?
  2. Scroffel5

I want to have something that isn't a shotgun. I like my nice Railjack though. that feels good. I wish more NC weapons had a sort of delay, like Gauss weapons actually have, but they were powerful. We need more faction specific traits.
  3. YellowJacketXV

If ya wanna hear something sad, bullet velocity is supposed to be a TR thing. Now look which faction gets upgrades to bullet velocity as part of their ammo kits...
  4. AlcyoneSerene

Maybe so, I don't know and have yet to read through the lore more, but if you came across this alien species that's vastly superior in technology who are mysteriously no longer there, wouldn't it be more likely that what the Vanu say is true?

If Vanu were the threat, they could have used the wormhole to invade and easily destroy Earth.

If it was a brainwashing recruitment method for Vanu, lowly mortal humans would make poor servants, and even then it only influenced 1/4 of Auraxis, making TR, NC, and possibly NS even more suspicious of anything Vanu, who are truly missing (fled to dark space) leaving behind some of their own powerful technology to reverse-engineer that's benefiting TR too as they study the wormhole to try to get back to Earth.
  5. Vanguard540

As a VS I don't even find it useful. It's gadget.
  6. Vanguard540

I remember all the TI alloy battles vs NC.
    Flash + Max shotgun push "We lost the facility".

Now it's more diverse. But all maxes should be as nerfed as NC imho.
  7. YellowJacketXV

If the devs really wanted people to explode back into the game and get excited for directives they'd make the implant reward Infravision.
    • Up x 2
  8. Towie

I honestly don't believe it's bias - it's just DBG trying to balance things and being a bit too heavy handed. All factions have had this.

NC AI Max is mentioned earlier in this thread and statistically, they are correct - NC AI Max is now the worst (in terms of KPU). However - before the nerf - they were the best and by some considerable margin, often with double the KPU of the TR and VS AI Max. Nerf was needed but went too far.

Same can be said about a whole host of other equipment for the other factions. VS themselves had the PPA and Lancer nerfed to near uselessness - it's not a bias, just dodgy balancing. The bit that's lacking is the 'oh no we went too far' re-tweak.
    • Up x 4
  9. Liewec123

all that was needed for NC max was removal of slugs and then they just needed to tweak damage drop off so NC maxes would be borderline useless by 20m, but in cqc they were powerhouses (its a unit with the cost of a tank, dual wielding massive shotguns...)

slugged mattocks allowed NC to "2 shot" from really far away, and i actually said this when it was live, their range was too much.
    they should kick *** in cqc and be useless at range, now they are just useless at everything.

also PPA (atleast the ground variant) is still superior to cannister, cannister is barely stronger than a standard infantry shotgun.
    ppa is fairly accurate at long range and has pretty great splash, the cof means that it needs to be burst though.

i believe lancer was nerfed because its current range is the render range limit for infantry,
    if they increase the range any more then players would be invisible to the tanks they're shooting.
  10. Towie

Stats suggest otherwise - PPA is both used less than the Canister - and has fewer kills per unique. Moot point though - neither are particularly great (nor popular).

I'd agree that render range was the problem - and has been for various weapons (Gatekeeper anyone ?)

Even so a single Lancer would achieve nothing. Get a squad together using them and coordinated - now that was a different matter. The only ESRL of any note is the Phoenix (Striker could be considered a TR over nerf too).

I was just pointing out that the nerf hammer with no follow-on rebalance is the issue here rather than faction bias.
    • Up x 1
  11. ican'taim

you conveniently left out the part where NC maxes were ridiculously overpowered for years on end... although I do agree that Wrel is biased to VS.
  12. Scroffel5

I play NC, and I suck at the NC MAX, so I never used it. Yes, slugs are OP, but now I cant even kill someone with a default MAX unless they are stupid, and now that we can get free MAX units, it sucks even more.
  13. Exileant

o_O We need SOMETHING cool.... Against you all's... :eek: EVERYTHING
  14. Exileant

:D Scroff, I entered into a free Max zone with mine on N.C. about a week ago.... o_O N.C.s Max is just fine over here. :D I went OFF on people.
  15. Exileant

:D Li, The other factions do not even need a faction specific Implant, because they on their own have built in gimmicks that make them unbelievable in just about any situation out of the box. o_O Regardless, if you see one faction specific implant, understand more are on the way.... :p I mean it is just common sense you all. :confused: Just be patient.
  16. Skraggz

As some one that play vs only anymore, they could remove this implant and I wouldn't notice.

Should also add I run betel constantly when heavy. Betel/NS15
  17. Liewec123

like?

VS have infinite ammo, no reloads, hitbox-hack ammo, no bullet drop.

and they're just the few off the top of my head, all exclusive traits.

what are these magical faction traits of NC or TR that you say make them "unbelievable"?
    NC having a shotgun on a shotgun? TR having wind-up times so they can die before they reach their full dps?
  18. Scroffel5

Thats what I was just thinking. Anything that is a trait of our guns is within the damage models. NC gots shotguns and 200 damage gunsssssssssss. TR gots fasty fast shooters and lotsy lots of ammos. VS gets no bullet drop, no reloads, and whatever this hitbox hack ammo is. I think NSO should get to have weapons of all factions and their own NSO exclusive weaponry, just to counter balance us not having their guns. Then we can see where NSO thinks the best weapons are, and we can see who really has the best weapons when given everything.
  19. Demigan

Well they've got "property of NC" or "property of TR" stamped on the side somewhere, so obviously they are more powerful regardless of their actual capabilities.
    • Up x 3
  20. Exileant

o_O Well for one I have not seen a rifle like a Godsaw since the standard Saw. Mega Slow Rpm means the magazine will feel much deeper than it actually is, and the power makes it to where half the bullets do not have to even be fired. This makes it one of the easiest to aim guns in the game and one of the most efficient per reload as you rarely have to.... I was utterly dismantled by one the other day. :D While I would be dogged if I did not shred the guy 2ice and claim that juicy bounty he built up, I had to do so with a shotgun.:oops: Of which he also had a Jackhammer... :eek: But anyway, my point is this balances out to having to reload maybe once every 3 kills. T.R.'s Magazines are so vast, you can just spam and something will fall, at which time you are free to reload. :confused: Both of which will SHRED a Vanu soldier in a heads up fight. :( We have no bullet drop.... for like 3 of our weapons at the expense of a much needed Implant slot. I cannot think of a single area where I could spare even using the implant in a viable situation.... o_O You all possess your features for nearly every gun and turret you have. Heat Mechanic upgrade, only allows us to fight you head on with like 2 of our weapons, with you still doing more damage (N.C.) and having a faster rate of fire (T.R.). The Hailstorm? I use that as a primary weapon on just about all my Suits. :D The Magazine is so massive I can simply let jitterbugs dance back and forth in the stream and they wind up dying thinking I will run out of ammo. :p Hahahaha!