Maybe have spawn room shields have Hitpoints

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orpheus66, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Orpheus66

I was just thinking about how if the zerg is large enough maybe they should be able to destroy the spawn room. Just a thought, i have never seen an thread about this.
  2. HooWoo

Very good idea, maybe somebody else could elaborate on this idea and balance it somehow, I'm too lazy to do something like that.
  3. Orpheus66

Let the spawn room shields act like player shields..just with a ridiculous about of hitpoints..if they are not attacked after a certain margin of time they regenerate.

If the zerg wants to expose them selves to take out the shields fine..but then the guys in the spawn room then have something to shoot at.
  4. treeHamster

Terribad idea because it would disadvantage the VS and probably the NC because of how much the TR pull Prowlers and stick them right next to the spawns.
  5. Orpheus66

You can have the shield constantly regenerate, so you not only have to do enough damage to destroy the shields but you have to do enough (i'm hesitant to use this term because of how many people despise anything that is like a MMO) DPS so the shields don't just regain the damage done.

Again, just a thought. Throwing ideas out there.
  6. bodmans

so basicly, give more power to roflstomping zergs... nope
    • Up x 5
  7. Madcat9

What if we go the with the opposite and have the spawn shields reflect bullets and munitions back towards the general location of where it was fired from to discourage spamming weapon spam at the shields.
    • Up x 2
  8. EmperorPenguin5

Yes reward the zerg mentality thats EXACTLY what we should do....
    (sarcasm)
  9. MichaelS

Ahh, how about NO!
    I can imagine so many ways to take a shield down but shooting it is the most boring.
  10. disgruntled newbie

No. If you're to the point of suppressing the enemy's spawn room then you've almost won. All you have to do is camp out and prevent them from making a break for it. Enemies being able to actually batter into the spawn room just means massive amounts of vehicle and grenade spam and not even the chance for the defenders to rally. The game design is already prehistoric in allowing spawn camping in any way. If you want to change anything about spawn room mechanics, what we need is more spawn locations per base and anti-projectile shields that prevent idiotic instant death spam from a distance. If you want a base, you should have to defend the FLAG, not camp the enemy's spawn.
    • Up x 1
  11. treeHamster

Actually I like this idea a LOT. It would be the BEST idea to date on how to try and reduce door camping.
  12. Madcat9

Man, I wish I had proof read that sentence.
  13. Timithos

Exactly. This might be a good idea for all we know, but unfortunately bases are already so poorly designed and defensible, that you can't place any more advantages in the hands of attackers.

I'd like to see a dozen generators/control consoles that can be destroyed/hacked controlling every aspect of the base: ammo towers, non-deploy zones, grav elevators, turrets, shields, jump pads.... EVERYTHING. But we can't give bases any cool weaknesses, because they're already so poorly designed and horribly non-defensible. It's a shame really.

^ Yyyup ^