May I Ask: Why Another Round of T2 Striker Nurf?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Armcross, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Armcross

I won't complain about range nurf if we get speed buff. Even if lower Acceleration like the Gatekeeper was.
  2. Corezer

There was no practical range nerf, you just cant shoot beyond the render range of vehicles now. more of a performance change than anything...
  3. Armcross

That does mean that is how short the maximum render range? The slider has no real use?
  4. Corezer

IDK, TBH I think the max render for vehicles to infantry is ~600, but very few players are hitting past 450 on stationary gals. usually if it's higher than that you cant get an angle from inside the base. anything moving farther away than that isn't a valid target cause the rocket is too slow. If it's flying away it'll derender before you cover the distance, if it's moving in or around even the slightest change in the aircraft's direction will cause a miss after the rocket is fired.

I'm sure someone will have a video where the heavy fires wildly into the air, and far af away an enemy fighter that's on fire banks a turn and runs into the rocket, omg what a terrible nerf. ofc some "lucky shot" opportunities are lost, but even the slightest performance gains top that 10 fold.
  5. Eternaloptimist

I love my Striker but even I have to admit that it's enormous range was a bit sick. I was killing hovering aircraft by aiming at their IFF symbols long before I could see them.
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

Was using it with my friend last night and the changes were certainly noticed. I assume they made the change to bring it a little more in line with the Phoenix and Lancer.
  7. brutes359

Really? They're nerfing it again? I'm an NC main and even I think that's a stupid idea. Especially since the rocklet launcher is already a thing. If they're going to Nerf it so bad that the rocklet launcher outperforms it. Then why bother using anything other than light assault....oh right, that's their goal isn't it...

Then again. On console the range is actually rather short do to shorter render distances and such. I never though it was too ridiculous. Especially since it actually has an expanding cone of fire and a relatively slow fire rate over here.