[BUG] Maxes on top of roof tops in bio lab.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talizzar, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Talizzar

We had one sitting over a spawn. NC with the OP scattermax. Absolutely no way to kill it.

Apparently MAXes have the ability to climb?

Gosh why don't we just open the dome and let Liberators bomb us too.

I hope that people are punished for this exploit.
  2. Total_Overkill

Punished... for exploiting what exactly? Spacebar?
  3. sscarr

Not an exploit, just this.

It can be done with any class...
  4. Talizzar

So you seriously believe that all classes especially MAXes were intended to be able to gain roof access and it is ok for Scythes and Mossy's to be inside?
    • Up x 1
  5. Noktdaz

6. Rosecraft

It sure was fun with those RoofMax Pets.

You can do the same thing too. Only for $14! That's right! Call Now!
    Get yourself a Roof Max today! With $14 you can have your very own SkillSaw Max!
    Hurry quickly though, supplies will not last!***********

*Not responsible for TR hackers.
    Especially Goonkillers.
    You also need to be a Freedom Lover.
  7. Lyrencropt

ROOFMAX AFRAID TO LEAVE HIS ROOF
    • Up x 6
  8. illgot

that just reminded me of Guild Wars 2 jumping puzzles...
    • Up x 1
  9. Novmiech

Coulda been an exploit; we had some VS spawning sunderers and magriders on top of the spawn inside our biolab; so I'm sure getting maxes in the same way is a non-issue.
  10. Lyrencropt

Maybe you should watch the video linked earlier before making wild accusations.
  11. Xasapis

Well, ESFs inside the bio dome are just sitting ducks, both while trying to get in and while moving around. It is so close and has so little room to move that three guys will kill one with just one clip each.

NC maxes are godly at cornering people and even have a good range with the slug upgrade. Two of them can keep a force locked that would melt the other two faction maxes. But that's just a unique NC taste, which, while I dislike being on the receiving end, I wouldn't like removed or shared with the rest of the factions.

Now, regarding the exploiting accusation. What bug was that max abusing OP? You are not very clear on your original post. The bio lab has plenty of foliage inside that allows somebody (with some effort) to navigate to the roof of some buildings without jetpads. Was the max on the roof of your spawn room or inside? Was it at a point you can't reach without teleporting (hacking) and without jetpack?
  12. Lyrencropt

Unless I'm mistaken he's referring to the fight at Rashnu biolabs on mattherson, where we defended against the TR for like an hour or two. Our outfit was on top of the teleporter room near the generator, which is accessible using the tree nearby. Just use a turret, hop up a root, climb for a bit, one big jump, and you're on the roof, no problem, no exploit. You can even do it without a turret at the beginning, it's just harder.
    • Up x 1
  13. Oh Hitherenig

Attack of the roof scatters you say? not on my watch.

Somebody get me my nerf hammer, the maxes legs are to be removed next patch.
    • Up x 4
  14. comeonman

Very situational but using an esf as an elevator is not that uncommon. Navigating one around inside the bio-dome now that's the tricky part.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rosecraft

Permanently glue all Maxes to Roofs.
    • Up x 1
  16. LameFox

ITT the OP learns about jumping.
    • Up x 2
  17. Bill Hicks

if only there was some way to change ones class and stealth out
    • Up x 2
  18. Phsychotica

Balconies, that is all.
    • Up x 1
  19. Novmiech

A video showing guys jumping around on some of the buildings rocks and trees =/= magriders and sunderers on top of the enemy biolab spawn building; not even close. If people can at will spawn tanks and sundies on the roof I'm positive they can spawn maxes.
  20. Slyguy65

Ok the branches i admit, they look like they are meant to allow some smart players to get on roofs...but the hopping on the rock thing at the end...that one was not meant to be accessible