MAXes are balanced

Discussion in 'MAX' started by The Walrus Whisperer, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Mhorlok

This game is full of ironies...
    When playing a Max they are not
    - sorry you don't play a MAX much do you?
    A couple of medics with Softpoint Ammo can take down MAX units very quickly. Yet a 50 Caliber Sniper bullet does next to no damage...
    I was told Game Balance does not = Real Life physics before but come on... The reinforced armor of a MAX unit should shrug off Soft Point Ammo like its rain, do damage a Max you should be forced to use High Velocity Ammo (essentially Armor Piercing)
    and Snipers should be able to tear into Max units because 50 Cal weapons are naturally Armor Piercing.

But then you have all the softies complaining MAX Units are over powered because their Soft Point Ammo won't damage MAX Units...
    In a recent thread it was pointed out that AV weapons for MAX Units should do almost no damage to Infantry "Because if you want to damage infantry use your AI Weapon" - that is B.S.
    Softpoint Ammo should not damage MAX Units for the exact same reason - it is incapable of penetrating the heavily reinforced Armor of a MAX

The biggest issue I have with Max Units right now are:
    AV Weapons should be balanced, Ravens kill troops fast... No other Empire can camp Infantry and AV at the same time...
    All Maxes should render at 1000 Meters - the same as a vehicle. I don't know how many times I will start to pull up to a base with my Tank to have AV Maxes - mostly NC (Guide to target) and VS (Instant hit) - TR AV weapons from long distance is relatively easy to dodge and the Drop on the rounds usually mean it will take them a few rounds to walk on target giving me time to react.
    So here I am at 600 Meters from the base and my tank starts to melt... I can see where the rounds are coming from and return fire, however since I cannot render the Max units (Infantry render limit is 500 meters) I cannot damage them - even if I hit the exact spot the Max is standing on - since I cannot render the MAX unit I can do 0 (ZERO) damage. This makes MAX Units invulnerable to the vehicles they are destroying (Vehicles render at 1000 Meters)

You ever see a large group of Tanks moving in on a base only to "vanish" within 10 minutes? This is why - Max units killing the vehicles from distances that make them invulnerable

Light Assaults make the perfect Max killers, Maxes should be "mini-vehicles" - requiring Rocket Launchers and Explosives to take them out.

Just this morning I was on my NC MAX in a Biolab when 2 Softies (not light Assault, and not Heavy Assault, so Medic or Engineer) got a spawn beacon at the top of the Biolab - there are natural places to hide so they would pop out and shoot then hide - they were far enough away my Scatter Cannon barely touched them and within 5 minutes I was running for the spawn room because they had me almost dead... No Grenades, no C4, just regular weapons... That is what makes MAX Units almost worthless right now...

So Ironies...
    Bullets that should lack the power to penetrate Armor - Kill Max units fast
    50 Cal Sniper Bullets that should tear up all Armor including Max units fail to scratch the paint...
    AV Maxes can take out Vehicles while being invulnerable to their Targets

Now you want to add in Infiltrator Max Killers? Just give Infiltrators the ability to Carry C4 - boom yet one more reason MAX life expectancy on a Battle Field is about 15 Seconds...

Right now the only thing MAX Units are good for (in my opinion) is clearing a crowded room.
    AV Maxes - I already discussed this and I will continue to use my MAX units the same way until they fix it... so this is a given...

But if you run a MAX in you know you are going to die, forgot other MAX units the C4 Fairies will clear them out - just kill softies and hope you get all of their Medics - take the death like a man and hope enough softies followed you in to mop up the chaos you created and if you are lucky you get a ress...
  2. MAXArmar

Well, if you manage to make it a headshot with a BASR it usually chips off pretty close to 1/4th of my HP or so.
  3. Halkesh

Make all "bad weapons" anti-MAX / light armor weapons so people could have an advantage to use them a bit.
    -Battle Rifle
    -Automatic Scout rifle (but not the semi-auto)
    -Semi-automatic Sniper rifle (but not the bolt action)

Increase these weapons damage by 50% against MAXes and by 100% against light armor.