MAX update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So how about that awesome update we got a few months ago for the MAX. You know, the one where we got those awesome flamethrowers, grenade launchers and travel mode? Oh, wait... That's right.

Yes I understand that flamethrowers were bugged and people *****ed and moaned up a storm about the grenade launchers. But really? How long does it take to fix the flamethrowers and make the nade launchers viable while not OP? To be honest I just want my travel mode a cool looking flamethrower.

I guess I'm just annoyed because this has happened to everyone. SOE starts on some update to a class or vehicle, then bam! The rest of it is no where to be seen. ESFs you are next to be left hanging.

/rant

TL;DR: SOE where is the rest of the updates you promised?
    • Up x 4
  2. PieBringer

Be glad that you got half your update, and even more glad it was any good. My pessimism senses go through the roof every time someone tries to talk about the Infiltrator Update.
  3. THUGGERNAUT

there's no incentive to introduce new items that are "viable but not OP" because "viable but not OP" doesn't earn station cash. instead, SOE earns more by introducing items that are OP as ****, milk them as long as possible, then nerf later.

you should fully expect flamethrowers and thumpers to be unbelievably overpowered when they are first introduced, just like the new ESF weapons are going to be.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dreadnaught Wrex

My point isn't quite just the MAX update it's all the classes/Vehicle updates. The Infiltrators and LA are still no where to be seen. MAXes and MBTs got shafted and ESFs will join us soon.

I'm guess I'm just frustrated is all.
    • Up x 3
  5. ent|ty

I like the Decreased Flak Damage + Distance patch to the game, it's just amazing.
    Now I just shoot at stuff and dont kill a thing... so awesome

And dont talk about skill. Pre GU13, I was targeting, leading them and killing them fine.
    GU13 was a player nerf.
  6. PieBringer

Apologies, I saw your thread as a slight more selfish than you seem to have intended.

Though my point still stands, it's doubtful the "Badassification" of Infiltrators will be praised. Although, the extremely close buff to Nano-Armor-Cloak is certainly a bit uplifting. (only a bit.)
  7. Bape

The reason why they unscheduled the flamethrower is because it will make a lot of NC rage and spam the dam forums about TR/VS getting a CQC viable weapon while they get another CQC weapon do you want to see that I know I don't.

The grenade launcher was OP as **** im pretty sure they discarded that idea.
  8. CrashB111

GL MAX units would be like letting a Marauder/Fury Harasser walk into a biolab and mow down infantry.
  9. Dreadnaught Wrex

I don't even can about the nade launchers to be honest. And the flamethrowers can be as bad as they were in beta. They were just fun. I really want the travel mode to be honest.
  10. Astealoth

They already have a "working" MAX grenade launcher in game, the Pounder HEG. They are rather underpowered compared to their Fracture counterpart, though. Seems like it wouldn't be terribly difficult to balance a new MAX grenade launcher. And what's so hard about the flamethrowers? Just make them tick damage at about the same rate as the average fire rate of the NC MAX shotguns and make the damage per tick a little bit lower than the average full pellet shotgun hit per arm.
  11. Navus

maxes can get their update/be stronger when they cannot be revived, or have a giant change to the speed/mechanics of which they are revived.
  12. FateJH

After the update where they adjusted Bursters, I pulled it just once and decided immediately thereafter that any ability to aim weapons that I gained in this game would become lost trying to get these weapons to work. SOE's attempt at balancing the Bursters is dismal because they forgot a cardinal goal of gaming, one that even I, who questioned it, now appreciate a bit more: player's don't like to have someone else throw the dice for them. The immutable and wide CoF for the Bursters was a terrible thing to do to them; if they had wanted to make the weapons limited-point-defense only, they should have just made the damage drop off towards the range limit severe.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

as NC i wouldn't want flamethrowers.
    it would either be equal to or out preform shotguns at CQC making our entire faction specific max redundant,
    or be weaker than the shotguns making them useless to everyone (you wouldn't want to bring a knife to a gunfight).
    however if they gave NC slow firing hard hitting machine guns (like Gauss SAWs on steroids) then i'd be fine with them adding cross faction CQC weapons.

TL;DR until NC MAX get a reliable ranged weapon a cross faction CQC weapon would be unfair.
  14. Zotamedu

Then I want a reliable ranged weapon as well.
  15. Winfield

Implying you already don't have good med range weapons just like the vs do.
  16. The King

Flame throwers would make it an extreme lagfest.
    No one can see anything, people will moan that their FPS dropped a lot.

Just because they had an idea and were testing it, doesn't mean it'll come to the game. It seems like, they're putting it off right now, since for awhile. because, it wasn't good for the game and they need to focus on something else.Many ideas are brought up, some pass the initial talk stages, then many do not even pass the testing stages. It's no different for this game.
  17. Pikachu

You realize that if NC MAX got 200 damage rapid fire weapon which would be on par with say heavy cycler it would have a ROF of 4 shots per second and a magazine of 43. You would not get an identical gauss SAW with 8 shots per second and 100 magazine.
  18. Rikkit

yeah i think th eproblem is, they are need 2 versions of every item they like to add, one version when they add them to the depot. and one version for 1- 2 weeks later..... and hey max players, you should be glad, your stuff was on the testserver, i wish i could have tested the infiltrator stuff on the testserver.
  19. Pikachu

I wish I were on the test server and protested against the idiotic changes to the falcon. :mad:
  20. Zotamedu

You mean the Mercy that has about the same spread as a shotgun?