MAX update on Roadmap? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RyanGUK, Mar 15, 2014.

1. RyanGUK

First question, when is the MAX update going to come onto the roadmap? I know this hasn't even been mentioned, but I feel it's the one class that does its job a bit TOO well at times, and needs a tone down or at least a rethink to change what situations it should be used for, the frequency of usage and other tidbits I guess.

Second question, what would everybody want in a MAX update if it were to come out by the end of the year?
  2. gigastar

The MAX update has been and gone.

And of course MAX's are doing well. Thats exactly how theyre supposed to be doing in comparison to regular infantry. If i was dropping nearly half my infantry resources to play a class that did about as well as HA id say "**** that ill just play HA."
  3. RyanGUK

Well derp on me. :p
  4. OgreMarkX

MAX update?

The could require players to CLICK ANY BUTTON TO CONTINUE upon:
    1. Reloads
    2. Special Ability Activation
    3. Special Ability Deactivation
    It's a thing now.
  5. Liberty

Did you forget about the party where a HA will spend anywhere between 245 (2 C4 + nade) up to 480 (4 Medkits + grenade bandolier) resources per life. MAXes are dirt freaking cheap and unless you are quickly hopping from base to base with no way to transport them, much much more cost effective.
  6. kadney

They will give the MAX another update pass when they cycled trough all the other classes. So far, the roadmap plans a Combat Medic Update for May, a LA Update for July and an Engineer Update for August.

But I hope that they will take a look at the ES abilities in the balance patch that's coming in april.
  7. gigastar

Thats a strange thing to say since i never spend anywhere near that much resource on HA. Im not the sort of scrub who uses C4 and im never so far from a medic as to justify carrying more than one resto kit. And i use flak armor exclusively. Guess why.
  8. Pikachu

MAX update was done in may. The next one will come when it has all come full circle. You'll have to wait until LA, medic, engineer, HA, galaxy, sunderer, MBT, lightning have all had their updates. End of of 2015 maybe.
  9. CrashB111

I still want the AI weapons revamp that Higby promised the TR MAX, and for us to abandon ******* Lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  10. Chipay

General balance patch coming in soon, get your hopes up
  11. Liberty

Let me restate, good heavies will burn through a lot of resources.

Bad ones will see MAXes as a large resource investment over their heavy because they likely die so quick they won't ever spend any consumables.