[Suggestion] MAX Suits: YOU and YOUR ENGY

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Steveru, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Steveru

I don't play MAX often but before you ask "So then why are you on the Pside2 MAX subforums of all places, Steveru?!?!" all in unison, I DO play engy quite a bit.

And as an engy, I get along with MAXes pretty well. I give them ammo and healing, and they protect me from bad guys. It's a romance novel in the making. My only issue is, when the fighting gets really tough, I can't help out as much. I'm too valuable to my MAX pal to do too much fighting myself, yet, I'm too delicate to stand by my MAX and heal.

So why not make the healing range longer on the ENGY for MAXes? Figured I'd post the idea here since it's more of an inherent MAX buff than an engy one, and the MAX crowd is a whole lot more proactive than the engy subforum (life's way too good for them at the moment).

It would encourage MAX healing by engies while not giving the MAX a direct buff and at the same time, literally and figuratively strengthening the bond between these two friends.

Also it would make this game a bit more like TF2, my most favorite game ever.
    • Up x 1
  2. Messaiga

Sure, seems balanced to me. It would probably help engineers stay alive while doing their job, unless some LA decides to storm in with shotgun and C4 in hand. Premotes teamwork in a team-based game, I see no problem.
  3. Anghammarad

I remember people asked for a range increase on their repair guns, just like the medic guns.
    Don't know what happened with that (well obviously it was ignored).
  4. Ownasaurusrex

Best idea I've heard all day.
  5. Steveru

Thanks for the feedback so soon, MAX subforum.

Forgot to add that as a balancing possibility, the repair gun could repair less quickly from farther away.

Completely arbitrary numbers here but like, 100% at 1m 50% at 2m... well you get the idea. Reeaaaally wish I could edit my op. Welp!
  6. Liewec123

great idea, that would also allow us to run around while we're being healed without worrying about getting out of range :D
    (i stand still to get healed ;))