MAX Revamp?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So as every MAX user knows or at least is assumed, they announced in February that there would be a MAX revamp. Yet they havent mentioned it in the least in march. Plus the latest GU hasnt even been added.

So do you guys think we will get a MAX Revamp, if so maybe after GU04?
  2. Devrailis

Given that we're near mid-March already, they probably won't come until late-March at the very earliest. Unless they sneak in MAX updates without giving it any fanfare whatsoever, which seems kind of unlikely.
  3. Purg

It's been quiet on that front. I don't know if the MAX balance pass was part of the revamp though..? May get a balance without the special abilities. Don't care about the shield so I won't be missing much on the revamp.
  4. Tungsten

I predict it will take at least a month after march to get the bigger stuff like the revamp done. As for right now i think a backpedaling statement about the roadmap will be sent out before GU04, maybe with it.
  5. Crewell

The roadmap is not written in stone. It's only out there to generate player interest and enthusiasm.
  6. Tungsten

That is a good start but you have put in something about how much you respect players and value their feedback, apologize that some people misinterpreted your statements and then finish off with how SOE is a pioneer in community interaction.

EDIT: I forgot to mention inserting "badassification" somewhere in there.
  7. Ztiller

The roadmap only marks when they will start working on something, not when they will finish it.
  8. Crewell

Or SOE decides because the roadmap was taken to literally they don't post anything like it again. Would you rather SOE stick with arbitrary dates or prioritize current game bugs and try not to add any new ones?
  9. Torok

imho we have to wait for GU06, which will come in "early april", since GU05 will still have a few of the February features like revamped loadout screen, empire regional defense system etc. etc.
    anyway i would like to spend some certifications in the Charge levels but i'm almost sure the empire specific skills will take that slot.... if only we could have a dev update on this :'(
  10. Anvildude

It's probably because they're stumped by the Vanu special. Just give us MAX Jumpjets already! The dont' have to be controlled jetpacks- just enough that we'd be able to leap over walls or onto balconies or whatever!
  11. Tungsten

You cant have your cake and eat it too. Well not you, your argument. Because SOE did put arbitrary dates right on their roadmap: FEBRUARY[content list],MARCH[content list],APRIL[content list]. So even though
    i seriously doubt they will have the manpower to work on April's content when they still have a quarter of the things from February and most of the stuff from March to yet finish.

What they should have done was just create a list of features they would like to make in the next six months, get all the bad ones downvoted into oblivion and then say these are the ones we are working on right now and this is what it looks like currently [insert preview/internal build video]. That way there is no guessing game on whether that feature from months back will make it into the next update or if some actual content is hiding behind all these announcements of the hailing of the coming of the glorious empire specific rocket launchers. They wouldn't even have to say they delayed an update. Just throw out each feature when its done and everyone is happy with the surprise.

But that's not how they are doing it. They do things like say "the next update is coming out really soon" and then its ten days later and all we have heard is more propaganda about rocket launchers and they deserve all the flak they get for it.
  12. Crewell

Tungsten, I do not know your real world work experience. I can only speak from my couple decades (yes I am old) experience in design and development. I know that no successful company wants to knowingly release a bad product. Sometimes things don't go as planed (much more so in software development) but the team adjusts and pushes forward. The other side of business is selling your product to the customer. That is what the roadmap does. It probably would have caused less hassle for SOE to tie planned dates to each item. As I said before, the roadmap is a plan not a schedule.

I do agree that most everything on the roadmap probably has slipped at least a month.
  13. Tungsten

Yes i do live in the real world and i agree with that. People cannot be blamed for the uncertainties of a workflow. But marketing? That is something planned. They choose what they want us to see. The roadmap we see? It is not the same roadmap being worked on internally. And that's fine it would not be realistic to make public something so fluid. But there is a line between sharing information and willfully deceiving. Like the difference between "in the future" and "soon".

For an example there would not be such a huge backlash against EA and their always online DRM right now if they were the first ones to try it. However people were able to accurately predict problems that would happen based on past evidence. EA knew this but went ahead anyways. Compare that to a statement that a patch will come out within x timeframe when you know from past experience that such a thing is unlikely.
  14. Crewell

I think the biggest mistake of the roadmap is the dates they attached. It would of been better to just do a list like there is but without the months attached to them. At this point the damage is done. A good option for them still is to modify the target months as items are not met so people don't get so attached to it.
  15. Devrailis

I'm not sure if SOE is going to budge on giving VS MAXes a jet-pack.

But why not a double-jump? Something that activates while in mid-air that gives you an additional vertical boost. It wouldn't be flight but it would still add to your vertical mobility and double your jump height. And make it an additional ability VS MAXes could cert into so they can keep their Charge.

Sounds fair to me.