Max punch should do 2000 dmg

Discussion in 'MAX' started by CryX, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jac70

I think the MAX punch is OK now damage wise, you could maybe bump it up to 800 or so but you don't want OHKs on full health players.

What it does need is a more satisfying effect. Currently when you smash someone your arm just passes through them and they receive the damage. What should happen is you get a big thud sound, a grunt from the grunt and maybe even have the target be knocked back a bit.
    • Up x 3
  2. Shiaari

I think a MAX punch should be like the Finger of *****ing God. When I swing my MAX weapon I want the air to split like thunder, and lightning to shoot out in all directions, leaving a smoldering crater the size of the J908 Impact Site. Oh yeah, and lasers. Lots of lasers. And Black Sabbath Slayer playing in the background.
  3. DatVanuMan

They do...
    I think. Nah, pretty sure they do.
  4. DatVanuMan

Being religious, this sounded SO offensive...
    Yet epic at the same time. I want Turn Down For What to play when I bash someone's head in!
  5. Metalsheep

While 2000 is a bit excessive, i do believe that MAXs should 1-shot with their melee.

Since they are adding a 1 hit kill to Infantry Knives, they should give the MAX the same treatment. Allow them to "equip" their fists and Falcon Punch infantry in the face.

MAXs are big, lumbering and slow. if you get in Melee range of one, its your own fault 99% of the time.
    • Up x 1
  6. DoomFruit

Not punches, suplexes and powerbombs. I want to see MAX wrestling.
  7. MaxDamage

Yeah MAX punches do damage to armour... you just have to find the right spot. Sunderers is around the equipment terminal or so.
    I once MAX punched a Liberator to death. Took a long *** time.

As for increasing MAX punch damage..

I think you just need to learn to use it, combine it with a short burst of AI or AV + charge.
    I had some success with nano-regen armour tonight. True a smarter player would have ended my little streak with C4 and forced me to use flak - but sometimes it doesn't happen.

When an enemy turns to run, it is quite simple to charge, and just before you catch them up, fire then punch in succession.
    Feels good.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. DatVanuMan

I remember being in a Sunderer, with this freaky NC MAX following me. And he was being sneaky, which added to the creep factor. When I stopped for a bit to repair, he charged, LOOKED at me, and hit the Sunderer. Definitely one of the reasons why all MAXes need to look friendlier. Especially the TR MAX, you guys look like spiders, man:(
    • Up x 1