MAX Punch Auraxium

Discussion in 'MAX' started by JakyKiller31, Oct 20, 2014.

1. JakyKiller31

Hi guys, i would like to know how many people achivied the auraxium on max punch, if there is a way to know it, thanks
  2. lawn gnome

bonus points if the last kill to get the auraxium was a tank.
    • Up x 6
  3. Borsty

4. HyperMatrix

Even the ones that have it completed I find to be suspect. As a max...there's rarely a time where it's a good idea to try a punch. I would think that most of those players were involved in some form of "kill trading" scheme where you make another account or have a friend make an account, keep spawning at a sunderer while you max punch them. There were some people talking about exploiting the system to get their Halloween 2014 directives this way as well right here on the forums. Auraxium on the max punch is a bit too difficult in that it would take a very long time to do. It would require more than 10x the effort of any of the other requirements for the directive.
    • Up x 2
  5. MaxDamage

MAX punch is one of the most fun ones to complete as you can complete it while working on other auraxium medals/directives.

As a long time MAX user, in my case I racked up about 600 before the directives were announced.
    When bursters and pounders were useless against infantry, MAX punch combined with charge was often a necessity for survival. However, I got the remaining 500+ within a month of trying for the directives. Many players are unafraid of TR MAXes (particularly anti air and vehicle), and come in close to try to circle strafe. Sometimes they succeed, other times, they do not.

I play MAX a lot, there was no "kill trading", each MAX punch does 750 damage to my knowledge, add in Charge ability and superior damage absorption and it's really not a stretch.

If you use enhanced targeting the job becomes consideranly easier, and allows you to use it on MAXes also.

I would be frustrated starting from scratch, but otherwise I find MAX punch both extremely effective in the right situation and thoroughly enjoyable.

It's not the chore you might imagine.
  6. HyperMatrix

Yeah...you spend 37% of your time playing Max. Whereas the average player only does around 10%. As I stated, if you simply look at comparative difference, this one directive objective will require at least 10x more time than the others within the max directive itself. And it's one of few directives that doesn't have more than 5 options to choose from. Almost all of them have the option to forego doing one or two of the ones that don't suit your play style. Max doesn't have that option because they didn't incorporate Max Weapon Auraxium in there anywhere, for example.

It's pretty broken, compared to the other objectives within the max directive itself, and as a whole when compared to other infantry class directives.
  7. MaxDamage

It's not broken, it rewards people who dedicate their time into a class.
    Personally I found it a little easy if anything.

None of the class auraxium master directives are easy.

They did say they were going to do seperate directives for MAX weapons, but I'm not holding my breath.

Air deterrence and vehicle destruction do rather suggest kills with specific weapons in my opinion.
  8. HyperMatrix

If all directives were hard, I would agree with you. However, they are all incredibly easy in comparison. Max directive is a one off. It's not a matter of he said she said. Even though I'd beat you even at that game. Look at the number of people who have completed each class directive:

Combat Medic - 236
    Engineer - 99
    Light Assault - 341
    Heavy Assault - 91
    Infiltrator - 299
    Max - 8

You see that? Enough said.
    • Up x 2
  9. MAXArmar

Just need to get used to start using punch more at point blank range, and as Maxdamage said, charge -> punch is wonderful.
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

It's probably a bit jarring for NC MAXes, though. ;)
  11. MAXArmar

Depends, if within melee range it can be a good option. It hits immediately and conserves ammo. If there's two or more enemies in your fov you're better off just emptying your shotguns.
  12. hostilechild

Or simply exploit. You could originally were a halloween mask, go to VR and kill the dummies and it counted towards directives.
  13. hostilechild

With the long reload of NC maxes, you will find a good number of max punch kills on most of them. Still not even half way myself < 5% of my kills as MAX. I just ignore the max directives and work on engi/medic which are just as big a pain to finish.
  14. MajiinBuu

Really? Enough said?
  15. MaxDamage

I don't see you beating me at any game frankly when you are suggesting that MAX play is harder than regular infantry - you are very much alone in that opinion.
    It has its limitations, those are the trade-offs, but it is brilliant at what it is designed for.

It is interesting how so many complain that MAX units are overpowered "Skillsuits" until a system is implemented that rewards successful MAX usage, and they find out first hand that it does actually take some effort.

The MAX punch Auraxium is a non-issue. Like I said I got 600+ within a few weeks with a full time job and a personal life. You are in a heavily armoured exo-suit, I have had killstreaks of 9+ punches in a row without dying. Pick your battles right, pick the right armour for the fight and they come just fine.

The most frustrating directive within the MAX Master directives is the one requiring you to kill 300 enemy MAXes. FAR more difficult than 1160 punches.

Remind me again how many of those classes cost 450 resources to spawn?
    Enough said.
    • Up x 2
  16. lawn gnome

most of the directives don't encourage smart play they encourage farming of various flavors. i will probably never unlock the kraken in the launcher tree because i can't bring myself to rocket primary.

let's look at the list of MAX directives (probably worse than most other class directives)
    • MAX punch kills = FARM
    • kills = FARM
    • MAX kills = FARM
    • vehicle kills = FARM
    • air deterrence = team play YAY! something useful!
    medic and engineer seem to be the only classes that gain anything from team play every other class is farmtastic the objective and recon directives are the only other decent ones.

the vast majority of directives point players well away from any form of useful team play.

weapon directives, enough said.
  17. MAXArmar

Why is vehicle kills farm and air deterrence not farm? In both cases you're fending off vehicles, whether they fly or drive on the ground is irrelevant I'd say. At least every time I take out my Vortexes I feel like I'm contributing to the team.
  18. Predator01cz

And how many of those were not ZOE maxes from ZOE era?
  19. lawn gnome

YOU may be contributing, but what we feel is irrelevant. i am sure the hill humping snipers that pick off slow moving newbs think they are contributing as well.

i call air deterrence team play because it rewards you for simply fending off air craft and protecting your team, because you are rewarded just as much if the aircraft simply lose the will to fight and leave where vehicle KILLS require you to hunt down and exterminate vehicles or vulch kills from other players, while i will admit the vehicle kills directive is better than the other simple kill directives, it is not better by much, because of the type of play it encourages.
  20. Scarlit

im number 8 on this list, first for tr connery. They changed the look of the max aurxium it use to be covered, but is now not that visible to see the directive armour on the max. kinda disappointing