[Suggestion] MAX needs some VISION too?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by KuzKombain, Jun 11, 2015.

1. KuzKombain

Good day Everyone,

1 short idea of giving MAX some sort of vision enhancers: light projectors(on sholders?), night or heat vision? Maybe as vehicle lights or infantry scopes/ flashlights?

Please ADD your ideas on how to help MAX to see.

P.S. Blind puppies with no teeth :p
    • Up x 3
  2. Uncle_Lou

I would even be ok with it if they just gave MAXes the ability to zoom a bit - maybe 1.5 - 2x. If necessary to have a tradeoff to avoid gaining effectiveness, maybe zooming reduces RoF or disables one arm for the duration of the zoom.

Or maybe add a rail slot to one arm only for flashlight or DL flashlight or something. I think there are a lot of possibilities, but I would have to ask first if it is necessary and second what will the MAX give up in order to see better in certain conditions? MAX balance seems to be quite the challenge and I would hate to see them get broke.
  3. Liewec123

shoulder lights would be pretty cool :)
    i'm not to sure about zoom Lou, since max has the unique feature of having 2 weapons and one is fired with the zoom button,
    we'd need an entirely seperate zoom key which i can't see getting added, but lights are very possible!
  4. Opapanax

I think a shoulder mounted light would be cool. I don't think a Darklight is balanced on a MAX so I'm not for that. Maybe a short wave motion sensor against Infantry that like to C4 rush.
  5. Imp C Bravo

Shoulder lights like terran marines from Starcraft...such a good idea!
  6. Colonelveers12

Shoulder lights +1
  7. Problem Officer

How about an NS arm-weapon that's a giant scope with a darklight spotlight?
    Cert/load zoom levels and click the arm's fire to ADS with the arm while using the other.
    Flashlight key regardless of ADS to toggle darklight with a longer or wider range beam, optional cert.
    Same vision unlocks as vehicle turrets, except with varying scope overlays like smallarms at each zoom level.
  8. Anantidaephobia

I can't see the problem about MAXes getting dark lights considering that in PS1 they had the "inf revealing vision filter" and it didn't sem to disturb anyone ...
    I rather have a problem about inf sometimes killing MAXes who can't follow/detect them get shot once they try to leave (doesn't happen much, but seems a bit OP when it does).
  9. Dargadon

Well, shoulder floodlights should be "integrated" in any armor option. Also fan of this possible improvement, btw.
    About Nightvision/Thermal - i suggest placing them in Ability slot, as "additional suit systems" with adding corresponding energy pool which`ll limit their`s uptime.
  10. LOLdragon

MAX units could scroll up to zoom! They don't need scroll wheel while in MAX because MAX has no weapon switching. Might not work out for people who use scroll wheel for something else like zooming on minimap... but now we're just getting into my frustrations of juggling 21 inputs with the left hand and only 5-8 inputs with the right hand when playing games with keyboard and mouse.
    #PCMasterRace?
  11. TeddyMan56

I would to love to have shoulder mounted lights. I can get better vision and further my ultimate desire to being the brightest MAX in planetside.
  12. Keidranex

A nice way for zoom to be implemented is to change fire mode. Hit once, you ADS with your left arm, twice for the right, a third time to go back to default. Only the aimed arm can be used while zoomed.
  13. Quiiliitiila

I was just thinking about some sort of light option for MAX units, a shoulder mounted unit would be nice but we'd be better off asking Daybreak for something simple, seeing as how they've just about halted all meaningful development on the game. Simple as in, just use the same flashlight models that small arms gets on the MAX weapons and make a cert for it. BAM! Like half a day of work.
  14. JojoTheSlayer

How about a Dark Light ARM? :D Who wouldnt buy that!
    Oh and for the record. Maxes could use Dark Light in PS1 and it was way better than its representation in PS2.