[BUG] ? MAX deploy

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So it has became a habit of mine when I login to PS2. To hop on my outfit's TS, join the squad, then pull a MAX and squad deploy to get into the fight. Or I use the deploy to join back up with my platoon when I **** hits the fan and I am left behind.

But today when I logged on I did my routine and when I landed..... I popped out as a LA with a 5 minute cool down timer. What the ****...... I cant see it in the patch notes. Anyone else have this happen?
    • Up x 1
  2. LibertyRevolution

I personally hope is it not a bug...
    I'm sick of having 40 maxes squad deploy on me..
    Isn't that why they removed the selectable instant action in the first place?
  3. Dreadnaught Wrex

I have never had an issue with MAXes deploying. Me or anyone else in my outfit. No one MAX crashes with squad deploy. But if MAXes cant squad deploy let us ******* know. Tell us we will lose our suit or that we cant do it.
  4. LibertyRevolution

What do you mean no one max crashes with squad deploy???
    It is commonplace on waterson to have 30 maxes with eng support drop on you....

TR does it with multiple platoons of maxes...
    I mean like 60-90 maxes dropping into an amp station.
    There is no way to defend against it..
  5. Dreadnaught Wrex

We never see it on connery. Guess people on the west coast dont value MAXes as much as you. Even though I live on the east coast.
  6. Tungsten

No it isnt?
  7. Bajan009

Maxes are used very effectively on Waterson. Same thing happened to me today. Joined a squad. Found out that they were capping a tower, selected my AI loadout for my max and dropped in as a LA. I have no points spent in LA. I was confused the same way as I have never noticed this on any notes in the last week. The funny thing was at the next point, as soon as it was capped I pulled my AA loadout for my max to give us some cover as I started to notice some air presence. By that time everyone had moved from that point and I had to run to the next one.

I thought they gave max suits the ability to squad deploy like anyone else to avoid the above situation from happening. Yea sure they will be used more in facilities but nothing stops either side from employing the same tactic. I think there should be a selectable option so that you can select which class you would like to be in the event the max can't deploy. This should apply to which class you are when you respawn after using a max suit.
  8. Dreadnaught Wrex

Now that I come to think about it, they were probably planning on having travel mode for the MAXes when that hit. It wont be much of an issue once the MAX revamp hits and we can run at a speed some speculate to be 30 KPH.