[Suggestion] MAX closerange weapons

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ManOfTheDawn, Oct 12, 2014.

1. ManOfTheDawn

We all know that situation: You're peeking around a corner and see a MAX.

Basically there are now three possibilities of what will happen:

NC-Max: Unless you're very lucky, you're dead. (this is not another "Scat-MAXs are OP" post, I love to play them but it's actually harder to get kills then with every other MAX unless it's a close range fight)

VS-Max: Unless the MAX equipped Comets you can at least try to run away.

TR-Max: Same here: Unless no Pounders are equipped, you should be able to run away.

I would really love to see some changes here. As a suggestion, every faction should have a weapon that is meant to be used against infantry AND kills the enemy instantly. What about the following weapons:

VS: I'm sure some of you guys have played Halo. Can you remember the alliance running around with there light-swords? That would be the perfect weapon for the Vanu. Why? Because it's freaking Alien Technology. Look at the Force-Blade. This sword killed you instantly, no matter what (at least you got this shield-thingy equipped, but that's Halo, not PS2). As an nice bonus you were able to charge you enemies. If you were close enough you jumped right after him and rammed the sword in his body. (picture of the sword: http://tollethesen.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/a4051-04.jpg?w=920)

TR: I know that there already was a Flamethrower for MAXs on the PTS (like a year ago). I know that there were some real issues with FPS-drops. I don't know why, but I think it would fit perfectly to the TR. What's the bonus here? Maybe splash-damage? Maybe the enemy should start burning and lose health over time?

NC: I don't really know what to give to the NC but please don't give them another shotgun. Scatter-Cannon, Hacksaw, Mattocks and Grinder should be enough. What about a hammer? We got this in Halo as well (yes I love Halo). Kills enemies instantly. You want a bonus? What about charging the hammer, slamming it on the ground causing an earth-quake that hurts EVERYONE around (not only enemies). What about splash damage by default if you miss the enemy and slam into the ground again? (picture of the Hammer: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/07/gravity-hammer-e3.jpg)

What do you guys think about that? I would really love to see some of those weapons in the game!

(if you're having some trouble with explanations, just let me know. my english isn't the best :p )
  2. MrForz

If you really want to get technical with the arsenal: The first MAX was born within the NC faction using exo suits intended for mining. You'd want to think of a drill of any sort for the NC faction.
    • Up x 1