MAX Breakdown - Full Certification & Weapons Guide

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Feb 17, 2013.

1. kukuman

1 untrue
    2 untrue
    3 untrue
    4 argumentum ad populum
    5 ill wait you to post your next video then
  2. Frosty The Pyro

As a note, i think you are underestimating the max AV weaponry. their fire rate and damage output is very respectable AV, a duel AV max will outdps every ground based AV except anchor mode prowlers and maybe point blank vulcan.
    • Up x 2
  3. AccelPrime

I know that MAX AV has an incredible DPS, but their difficult accuracy makes them much less viable, the Comets ridiculously much so. The NC MAX AV is fine, the TR MAX AV is bugged as it'll go through targets and explode on the ground behind said target, and the fact you shoot 2 makes it harder to concentrate damage. Still useable, but far from viable as opposed to rocket launchers/c4 etc.

As for the Comet... no comment -_-.
    • Up x 1
  4. Naithe

Hmm nice video, I stopped speccing into kinetic armor, since I found that at the levels I have it (rank 3) in a Friendly fire test, the damage difference was almost non existing. ofcourse that was a test done before I went awol for a month, so maybe it was bugged back then.

Maybe you should add more talk about the effect of crouching btw?

I found the mercy largely useless at first, untill I realised how much cone of fire improved from crouching. ofcourse it makes me look like Im taking a **** all over the place, but hey atleast me chaingun can rip stuff up now that it actually hits. =P
  5. Naithe

If he says something thats wrong then point it out. If you can't then you are trolling and adding nothing to the debate apart from insults.

I hardly even looked at the footage itself, just listened to what he had to say.
    • Up x 1
  6. Naithe

Biggest problem with max av is how it requires you to expose yourself. Unless they are made more viable for peek-a-boo tactics. (long reload, huge payload), then they'd need longer range to really work, with this much exposure.

Otherwise you will be spotted and killed before you can get the third salvo out.
    • Up x 1
  7. Frosty The Pyro

actualy dispite a linear increase in resistance, it causes a non linear increase in effective health, due to the nature of resitances. in simpler terms, higher ranks make larger impact than lower ranks.

rank0: 10,000 hp
    rank1: 10,526 hp (+526)
    rank2: 11,111 hp (+585)
    rank3: 11,765 hp (+654)
    rank4: 12,500 hp (+735)
    rank5: 13,333 hp (+833)

That is of course effective HP vs small arms. And of course doesnt take into acount rounding. As we dont know how the game handles fractions of a point of damage. Take for example a 143 damage bullet and 85% resitance (rank 5), that is 21.45 damage bleed through, if it rounds to 21 then your actual effective health is 13,619, but if it rounds up to 22 then you actual effective health is 13,000. If it holds the fraction to many decimal places though the above values hold true
  8. AccelPrime

The intention of this video was just to show my recommended cert process, I do however plan on making videos on how to better your aim, where you should position your MAX unit in certain situations etc.

Thanks for the feedback :)!
    • Up x 1
  9. Devrailis

I don't recall Kinetic Armour being bugged at any point, though I can understand why people don't rate it too highly at first glance. Honestly, the "stand in front of an HA while he unloads a clip" test, while useful for crunching the numeric benefit of Kinetic Armour, is not an accurate indicator of how good Kinetic Armour is in a live fire fight.

The reason why a lot of people undervalue Kinetic Armour is because if you're eating a full clip to the face, then yeah, it really doesn't make all that much of a difference. But in actual combat, if you can control your positioning well, most of the fire you'll be taking will be in small 4-5 round bursts. Kinetic Armour does a terrific job at mitigating that sort of damage. And frankly, in a real fight, you should never be taking a full clip to the face from anyone.

The more experience you have with positioning your MAX, the better usage you'll get out of Kinetic Armour. It may sound a little obvious, but the armour works best if you already know how to avoid damage, this is because it scales incredibly well with taking glancing fire from small arms. If you stack Kinetic armour with good positioning and a Biolab passive, you can go through entire fights without even needing an engineer (just watch out for C4).

Accel is going to rate it highly compared to many other MAX players simply because his positioning is very good and thus he is getting a lot more mileage out of it than the average MAX.
    • Up x 1
  10. Purg

Please provide video of your vet skills.
  11. kukuman

theres some running around , all around the forum :)
  12. Purg

Only one I appear to have seen is you just spamming around a corner near a spawn room pretty ineffectively. Any others?
  13. kukuman

of course , you should watch others too .
  14. AccelPrime

bump for science!
  15. Matthew Clark

a very good video. I had no clue about the nature of Kinetic armor and it's resistance bonus, and the flak was good heads up too. Really changed my playstyle with this video.
  16. Silverminken

thx for explaining kinetic for me =) very good video
    keep em comming =D
  17. AccelPrime

Not many people know about Kinetic Armor, as the devs leave us out on fundamental information. I'm glad to have been of help :)!
  18. Blackinvictus

Great Vid!

I generally slog it out with a dual falcon Max. Hard to get the hang of aiming, but awesome at Med/short range. Wish they had some better type of aiming system for it.
  19. Souleater

As a newbie wanting to get some info on MAXs I found this very useful.

Thank you for taking the time to make it.
  20. AccelPrime

I'm happy it was of help to you :)!