[Suggestion] Max Blockade Suit

Discussion in 'MAX' started by WaffleFrisbee, Aug 24, 2015.

1. WaffleFrisbee

We've all encountered Max suits blocking off Door Ways etc with there suppressive abilities however,
    What if the Max could deploy into a Wall ES Ofcourse and the 2 Max Turrets it has could be controllable by players and had a heat mechanic. Nuff said sounds gr8 m8 what do you lads reckon?

Theres so many possibilities that could go into this Suggestion they could be Comets, Pounders, or Falcones ew

Please add to this...
  2. Keidranex

While this idea of players controlling the guns sounds a little over the top, having the MAX able to get into a stationary stance to block a doorway does sound appealing if they became much more durable and much less deadly (or become passive).
  3. Sternguard

A stationary MAX is a dead MAX. MAXs are already great at holding areas. I have no idea what you're going for with this. So I ask:
    1. Why? As in what role and purpose does this fulfill that a current MAX loadout or something else doesn't do already?
    2. What if teammates need to get through them? What if the MAX is trolling? Friendly fire is a thing...
    3. What does the MAX player do when other people are controlling his/her guns? "I AM THE BEST WALL EVER! I AM HELPING!"
    4. Don't the MAXs already have stuff for "wall mode"? TerRep Lockdown. NewCong Aegis Shield. Vanu Zealot Overdrive (well less ideal for this than the others but can still work.)
    5. Why don't those players using the wallMAX guns just get their own MAX?
    6. Why not just put more MAXs in the doorway? Their bulk and firepower makes them a "wall".Plus support from the other classes only improves this. Engineers even repair them and provide infinite ammo.
    7. Why not just put Engineer turrets in the doorway? Those being things that do in fact have collision to stop players from running through them. Already have the heat mechanic too. In fact they're very effective at this. Can then put a MAX behind those turrets to shoot over them! MOAR DAKKA!
  4. WaffleFrisbee

Im not smart, im not imaginitive, ive kinda just given you lot the skeleton of my idea, When i created this thread i asked myself what would be cool to make max's more interacterable with other players, the first idea that popped to mind was the weapons itself. max weapons can be used as there own heat mechanic turret in this mode, you could put it in the corner of the room and the max could get XP Bonuses for every kill the gunners get. And im taking your "A stationary MAX is a dead MAX" quote and thinking about how to battle that, Maybe in that mode its granted extra health or maybe Granted its own overshield like a heavy assault maybe.However i just had a thought NC Max's shotguns rip this suggestion NC but ****** it god dammit NC
  5. Steza

If this wall thing is a thing you want to go with I got a few suggestions to add as well as a few concerns. :p

Lets start with the bad.

1. So how does a wall like MAX work with the Empire Specific Abilities, Such as the TR lockdown being stationary is a trait of the TR. NC on the other hand have the aegis shield which is supposed to block bullets and close the gap. VS is just a rave party at night.

2. Already stated but what does the MAX operator do while in wall mode? just Idle around until they either die or cap the territory?

Wow only two things? My brain is busted. :eek:

The Suggestions!

1. So the max as a wall, lets keep it having guns to play with. Maybe make the wall ability Chest high giving attackers a good way to pick people off and to prevent just a series of maxes doing that to prevent enemies from reaching the point.

2. Lets increase the front armor of the MAX while deployed, but decrease the rear armor to compensate.

The more I start thinking about it, the more my brain thinks of how it can be abused. Though if you want your max to be a support player there's a few forums on them, such as Repair tools for them to repair things, med tools for the same thing. Kind of is good where it is though, you can easily thin out enemy infantry vehicles and air with them. They are not super accurate making them have to get close to kill and they have no shields. Think the idea of new abilities is cool maybe it should be another Empire Specific one.
  6. WaffleFrisbee

Hmm very true. The MAX Blockade mode could allow the MAX Pilot to eject and maybe shoot over the max wall as a last resort if it ran out of ammo on the MAX weapons. This is sort of a last ditch effort. Ive not put much effort in to the suggestion itself as i wanted the community to think of methods to either nerf or buff it or maybe turn it into something new.
  7. Keidranex

Another idea is have the suit be a suit than an ability. Making the MAX much more durable and bulky at the cost of being even slower, or perhaps restricted to one gun/melee. ES twist could be Riot Shield MAX for NC (entirely reliant on meleeing with the shield, but impervious to damage to the front, encouraging teamwork to take out), Slower, but more deadly for the TR (basically locked down but still able to move but at a slower rate), and for VS it'd make sense for accuracy or mobility to be incorporated.

These are just ideas, probably flawed, but ideas nonetheless.

(By suit it'd take up the ability slot, but is always active, and possibly disabling the actual suit slot)
    • Up x 1
  8. Steza

Ok this is going to be a far off post from the original idea but if we're spit balling MAX abilities I'm in.

I like those ideas but we could improve on them a bit the NC MAX idea sounds pretty awesome slow bulky still hits like a truck sounds like the NC. The TR are a bit different strength in numbers and more rapid fire seems to be there motto, maybe give them a mounted gun on the shoulder or somewhere that acts exactly like the spitfire but give it maybe a little less damage. That way it's not exactly the turret but still does some damage and fits the faster fire rate + more bullets = TR motto? Finally the VS mobility is key I seen this one been tossed around a lot and it makes me giggle at the thought of it so. The VS gets jetpacks like the Icarus can only go up. catch is it's a slow ascend maybe drifter speed? increasing or decreasing from there for balancing.

Any thoughts on those Empire Specific ideas?
  9. Plastikfrosch

just give the engys deployable covers so 1 engy could deplow the cover and 2 other could deploy theire turrets at the sides. Engys are meant do the fortification more than maxes. they are pushers.
    • Up x 1
  10. InvolvedSpark

I like this idea even more. Btw, the idea WaffleFrisbee had about a MAX pilot ejecting, maybe that could be implemented as another ability? Maybe as a last resort if the MAX is near death, and no friendly engineers are nearby. Well, let's have an example on that. Okay, so. Say, your faction just lost a facility, and your in a MAX, and you're still there. You get spotted, and a few enemy soldiers come after you. Well, at that point, you would obviously fire at them. But you would inevitably take damage, to the point that you are almost destroyed. Now, I'm not sure how many of you have seen the trailer for Fallout 4, but the animation for ejecting from a MAX could be the same as the one used to get into power armor. But anyway, you could hide, eject, and ambush the soldiers. But maybe you could also return to a MAX later and get back in, just like any vehicle.

Make sense? It is pretty reasonable if you think about it.
  11. Skiptrace

What is this suggestion even trying to fix? the TR's stupid AF Lockdown gets you killed more often than not and needs to be removed and replaced with something better (maybe Dual Shoulder Guns? That would fulfil the TR's theory of MOAR DAKKA) The Aegis Shield for the NC is, meh at best, **** at worst. All it does is make you a less effective Heavy Assault with 2 guns and more HP, you can't even shoot while the Aegis Shield is active! And don't even get me started on ZOE... That thing has to be the WORST MAX ability EVER.
  12. jmdafk

Is ZOE really worse than lockdown?
    I dont even know what ZOE is. But i know standing still in combat is quite literally the worst thing you can do.
  13. InvolvedSpark

There's one or two posts somewhere around here about the ZOE ability. It's, not exactly loved. Also, just found out these forums are relatively mobile friendly. :)
  14. RedArmy

this sounds too much like the BFR's