Max AA share extended clips?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Scurge, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Scurge

I got both AA arms arms and noticed I can cert into extended clips. My question is are these clips universal for both arms or do I have to cert them twice?
  2. Pyros

Individual certs, have to get both. Wish they were less expensive, 500certs is extremely expensive compared to similar stuff on normal weapons. Should be 200-250 at most assuming it has to be more than the 100 you pay for normal weapons.
    • Up x 1
  3. Deschain

You gotta cert into both at 500certs per arm, it will increase loaded ammo count to 48 rounds, but lower reload clip to 142 from 168, bit of a joke really as to make it effective you then have to cert into the suit ammo storage.

The suit ammo storage to max it out is over 2000 cert points to get 5 extra clips, the cost of skilling up a max is over expensive, almost liek they don't want you to play them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Elbryan

engi with you = no need for ammo capacity

<3 playing with friends
  5. VKhaun

Nothing is reduced. You get the same amount of ammo total. It just loads more of that total into the first magazine so there is less left over for the reserve.

Can't say I've ever run out on a burster anyway. You don't really want to go out into infantry combat in one if you can help it and the range to shoot at ESF's is very long compared to ground combat anyway, so I always end up chilling next to an equipment terminal and just step inside to resupply when I need to.
  6. xboxerdude

Yea it's crazy expensive I payed fore oen arm so far If they lower the cost ever I hope I get the certs back :D
  7. Wreckus

It increases the amount that you can fire before reloading, not the total capacity. Engineers don't do anything comparable.
    • Up x 1
  8. Elbryan

I replied to the guy whining how he runs out of ammo.

I know extended mags don't reduce your ammo capacity. Didn't realize the OP didn't know it though. =P
  9. snu

WARNING: DO NOT GET EXTENDED MAGAZINES FOR NC MAX AIR BURSTERS

TOOLTIP IS MISLEADING AND SAYS IT "DOUBLES THE AMOUNT OF AMMO IN EACH MAGAZINE"

THE UPGRADE ONLY GIVES YOU +5 ROUNDS TO BUSTER

DO NOT WASTE YOUR CERTS ON THIS UPGRADE IF YOU ARE NC UNTIL THE DEVS FIX THIS.
    • Up x 1
  10. Wreckus

Ah ok, :)