[Suggestion] Max 2 handed weapons

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Moggram, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Moggram

Its a idle I have for Maxs.

The 2 handed weapons will be for Ait-Air and can used on infinity. They do no damage to heavy
    vehicles.(Tanks and the sunderer.) They also use the empire specific MAX ability's in a unique
    way.

(I don't have names for the guns yet.)

NC-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big cannon that shoots a HE round. It uses the system as the NS flak guns vs air , just bigger
    and slower rate of fire. Also explosion will be trigger on anything it hits. (walls, Vehicles,
    trees, you.)

Aegis Shield
    The shield will wrap round the gun and body, a lot like the engineer anti-infantry MANA turret.
    Also you are at half movement speed and you can fire.

Fire Rate: 60 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity: 550

Direct Damage
    Max Damage: 50 @ 10m
    Min Damage: 25 @ 100m

Indirect Damage
    Max Damage: 400 @ 1m
    Min Damage: 1 @ 8m

Reload Speed
    1 round at a time.
    Short Reload: 0.7s
    Long Reload: 3.5s

Ammunition
    Magazine Size: 5
    Ammunition Pool: 100

SV-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot like the infiltrator sniper rifle Phaseshift VX-S. Can be fired indefinitely with proper trigger
    discipline, or held down to fire a powerful overcharged shot. Reloading the core will cool down the
    overheated cannon.

Zealot Overdrive Engine

Will remove the charged up and overheating, but at the end of ZOE, the core will be burnt out. the
    cannon has three backup cores. Ammunition package cannot replace them. When you are down to one you
    can not use the cool down Reloading. If you burnout your core last you can not fire anymore.

Fire Rate: 184 RPM
    ZOE Fire Rate: 60 RPM
    Overcharged shot Time: 3s
    Muzzle Velocity: 800
    Muzzle Velocity lvl2: 1000

Damage
    Max Damage lvl1: 300 @ 300m
    Min Damage lvl1: 200 @ 400m

Max Damage lvl2: 450 no drop off

Overheat lvl1: 6 shots
    Overheat lvl2: 3 shots

Magazine Size: 1
    Ammunition Pool: 3

TR-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The T7 Mini-Chaingun big brother.

Lockdown

When you are in LD the gun has no magazine size, so it just uses the ammunition Pool.
    No spools up time but, the gun dose make a loud sound as the barrels are spinning.

Fire Rate: 1000 RPM
    Muzzle Velocity: 650

Damage
    Max Damage: 125 no drop off

Reload Speed
    Short Reload: 3s
    Long Reload: 4s

Ammunition
    Magazine Size: 200
    Ammunition Pool: 1000
    • Up x 1
  2. thebigbortishbort

I've always liked the concept of a 2 handed max weapon , i reckon maxes should get a 2 handed HMG in the form of an altered basilisk , some what like the version on the valkyrie ( smaller magsize , faster rof and so on )also giving the max the ability to actually aim :O

PS : would love TR to get a mini chain gun / banshee crossbreed , maybe even reuse the scrapped underslung MCG :D
  3. patoman

A big chaingun could function and use the same model as the one for the tr and harasar, adding a variety from the other ones is that it could be a av weapon, doing damage to vehicles.

With this idea, I think all max weapons should be paired, so instead of having left and right, you just select one weapon. also could allow you to aim with the gun and simplicity in shooting it.
  4. SW0V

I thought about making this suggestion recently...

[IMG]

Come on!

Who DOESN'T want this?
  5. Gemenai

Don't really like the idea to always search for a terminal to restock those cores ( provided i would be insane enough to even use ZOE in it's current state).

The cores are based on the Phaseshift right? Well those cores don't burn out ( welcome to the future, we are vanu not some NC scrappers), they simply overheat. So why not give every several core used in ZOE mode an internal cooldown?

At the moment if ranked max, ZOE has a 15sec duration and a 15sec (effective) cooldown.
    That means you could "burn" a core every 30sec, theoretically.
    30sec times 4 cores (1 active + 3 reserve) is 2 minutes.
    So if you would give every single core a seperate cooldown of let's say 3 minutes to cool down the heat, then it would be okay imo.
    (Also increase the dmg of charged shots fired in ZOE)

In addition i would add a second fire mode.
    The first is the regular, phaseshift-like combo mode.
    The second would be charged shots only.

On activating ZOE, the current fire mode would be locked and couln't be changed as long as ZOE is active.

If the first one is locked, then you couldn't use the charge. But for that, you wouldn't have a delay for each semi-auto shot fired.
    In this situation, heat would still be generated, but would decrease faster with no delay for the decrease to start.
    This is thanks to rewireing energy from ZOE mode into the gun itself - so the cores do not "burn out" in this fire mode.

If the second mode is locked, then system above would be applied.
    Since in this mode no heat is generated, no charge up time required and the core is strained to its limits, i would add a delay btw each shot fired (0.6 sec maybe?).
    And of course after its use in this fire mode with ZOE it would take 3 minutes for this specific core to recharge.

Why doing those 2 fire modes you ask? So i can still use my ZOE specific to a situation, instead of crippling me even more because of my gun.

The NC gun.
    I would give the shield a good chunk of HP( or specific dmg multipliers) instead of being invulnerable to infantery fire.
    Give this shield a maximum duration and minimum duration (50%) - this way it can't be abused by swapping endlessly.
    The shield will last as long as it has HP left or ends if either toggled off after 50% duration time or after 100% duration time passed.
    Also give it slow HP regen ( only if not active regeneration would take place), which could be increased by certing into the ability.
    As this would be a very strong shield, it should also tone down you mouse sensivity. So you would also be slower at turning around ,which gives enemies the chance to flank you, as it is not a good idea to face you head on in that mode.

The TR gun.
    Instead of set numbers, give it percentagewise bonuses for each rank of lockdown.
    Faster spool up time, with no time needed at max rank.
    Faster projectiles - faster for each rank, therefore more energy can be use from the suit for the gun.
    Instead of more dmg or the lack of drop off, i would give the weapon slightly more range before reaching minimum dmg and
    give it faster fire rate.
    After all, the TR is not about damage but dakka, Dakka and even more DAKKA right?
    Beltfed system and increased noise lvl ( and auto spotting range on the minimap) sounds good.
  6. Liewec123

i'd like maxes to be able to walk around with our AI harasser guns,
    maybe even allow for handheld Bulldog, basilisk and fury :)
  7. Shiaari

Did someone order two handed weapons for MAX?

[IMG]